How to zoom in close?

Here's the dev. post where he said the zoom command wasn't part of the disable achievements stuff: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70495-the-range-of-zoom-amount-seems-very-limited/?do=findComment&comment=1569430

As to the typical .ini or .xml files - I don't see one offhand, no. There might be some editable files but I don't know what they are/what their extensions are at the moment.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I use my mouse wheel to zoom in.  Didn't have to change any settings it was automatic.  I take it you don't have a scroll wheel in the center of your mouse?

Everyone have a mouse with scroll >.<. But it makes no difference if you use a mouse or keyboard. I tried both. 

The problem is that when running the game at high resolution, everything seems small, especially you can't zoom in close. 

And BIGGEST issue for me you can't ROTATE.

And BIGGEST issue for me you can't ROTATE.

This isn't an issue at all.

None of the IE games could rotate, so you're lucky to even get zoom instead of true fixed camera.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

My understanding, from what others have said, is that opening the console itself does not, but if you use any commands the first require enabling by typing "iroll20s", that will.

Yes, your achievements are safe unless you type 'iroll20s'.

Also, we did reduce the minimum zoom recently from 0.5 to 0.75 due to concerns about the resolution of the background images.

• Like 1

My understanding, from what others have said, is that opening the console itself does not, but if you use any commands the first require enabling by typing "iroll20s", that will.

Also, we did reduce the minimum zoom recently from 0.5 to 0.75 due to concerns about the resolution of the background images.

Awesome confirmation thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to comment that when I beta testing this game I was really really annoyed with not being able to zoom in very far at all, since I play at 2560x1440.  It was so bad in the beta that I actually had to play at 720p to get a feeling similar to the old IE games.  I was very much relieved to find that the devs listened to our complaints in the initial release build, and I was able to zoom in satisfactorilly, and even a bit more that was needed, which was very nice.  It did indeed create a bit of pixalation on the background images, but that wasn't really that bad, especially since the models and textures were still beautiful when zoomed in on.

Now I just installed the latest patch, v 1.03, and my zoom is completely broken!  First of all, in inside environments I cannot zoom in or out at all, it is locked, and locked at a zoom out level that I think is way too far.  Since I play at a very high resolution, I don't want there to be tons of black space surrounding the insides of a small hut, I'd rather have it zoomed in pretty close to minimize the wasted space and create a more intimate and warm atmosphere.  Secondly, when in outdoor environments, I can still zoom in, but not nearly as much.  There used to be 10 levels of zoom in using my scroll wheel, the default being level 5, where i could zoom in five times from the default to max, and zoom out five times from default for minimum zoom.  Now there are only 7.

Is this a bug with the patch, or is this just a new (to quote Microsoft when they break things) "feature" to ruin my experience?  It was so annoying that I immediately quit playing and uninstalled the game and reinstalled the original, unpatched version.

Edited by vulchor

There seems to be a bug which sets the zoom level differently to default. to work around it, bring up the console by pressing `, then enter "setzoomrange 0.5 1.5". That should return things to default.

Thanks, mate.  will try this out.

Finally found this.  Yes, I can see the resolution breaks down, but it is SOOO helpful to finally be able to zoom in and see some details on the characters.  In battle I have had a hard time who is engaged with who.

My new default is  setzoomrange 0.25 1.5

I love it.