How to zoom in close?

I use my mouse wheel to zoom in.  Didn't have to change any settings it was automatic.  I take it you don't have a scroll wheel in the center of your mouse?

Everyone have a mouse with scroll >.<. But it makes no difference if you use a mouse or keyboard. I tried both. 

The problem is that when running the game at high resolution, everything seems small, especially you can't zoom in close. 

I use my mouse wheel to zoom in.  Didn't have to change any settings it was automatic.  I take it you don't have a scroll wheel in the center of your mouse?

Everyone have a mouse with scroll >.<. But it makes no difference if you use a mouse or keyboard. I tried both. 

The problem is that when running the game at high resolution, everything seems small, especially you can't zoom in close. 

I play at 1920X1080 and I can scroll right up to my group.  Not super close on their head or anything.  What resolution are you guys playing at?  It may only scroll in so far.

Oh and not all mice have the scroll wheel on top.  :/

I play at 1920X1080 and I can scroll right up to my group.  Not super close on their head or anything.  What resolution are you guys playing at?  It may only scroll in so far.

Oh and not all mice have the scroll wheel on top.  :/

I'm playing at 1920x1080 same as you and I am using the mouse wheel to zoom in. The reason I'm asking is that I can't zoom anywhere near as close to the group as the recent videos from streamers and reviews can.

unless i have to deal with a really messy battle and i have to zoom in to see the situation better, i keep it on full zoom out

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Can someone attach a screenshot of what fully zoomed in at 1920x1080 looks like?

Attached mine and a screen from a review for comparison.

that zoom in is about the same as mine in the same resolution... and i dont see what purpose any further zoom in would serve

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Can someone attach a screenshot of what fully zoomed in at 1920x1080 looks like?

Attached mine and a screen from a review for comparison.

that zoom in is about the same as mine in the same resolution... and i dont see what purpose any further zoom in would serve

It would serve to zoom in a bit further.

Same problem with me, Justinian. All throughout the beta I thought people were just enlarging their photos compared to mine. It's slightly frustrating to have to squint and lean closer to my monitor to try and make out details like pixels between melee engagement to see if I can move or not.

• Like 1

Huh. I guess I have this issue then too. I remember/thought I could zoom more in the backer beta, actually, but the release game, full zoom in is still fairly far away. Just thought maybe they'd changed it (since I haven't been watching any videos). Curious.

Do you have to use the console or is there not an .ini file that can be edited? I'd rather do that since the console use disables achievements.

My understanding, from what others have said, is that opening the console itself does not, but if you use any commands the first require enabling by typing "iroll20s", that will.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Huh. I guess I have this issue then too. I remember/thought I could zoom more in the backer beta, actually, but the release game, full zoom in is still fairly far away. Just thought maybe they'd changed it (since I haven't been watching any videos). Curious.

Do you have to use the console or is there not an .ini file that can be edited? I'd rather do that since the console use disables achievements.

My understanding, from what others have said, is that opening the console itself does not, but if you use any commands the first require enabling by typing "iroll20s", that will.

So there is no .ini file line that can be edited? I generally do that to enable things like screenshots, view distance, etc. I figured the settings for ZOOM would be in there also. Note I do not have the game yet so I can not check it myself.