Possible Bug in Sanitarium

teh_elgee

Question

I played through, got attacked by the baddies, and confronted Azo again. Told him i was gonna turn him in, and he attacked me.

Once I left the basement, the guards and NPCs were hostile to me. I suspect that's not supposed to happen.

• Like 2

So this happend to me, too. I acually had the fight with the wichts and I had to fight Azo - but everyone upstairs was also hostile (not the guards in the basement, tho). I didn't have Aloth with me at the time and I hadn't found the scepter pieces for Nans yet - so now the sanitarium is empty of people (all dead) and the warden won't talk to me. It seems I won't be able to finish those two quest lines. Now I'm already way to far past this to being bothered to go back to an old save before (which I actually still have), but I hope this gets fixed in time for my next playthrough!

Same problem here while doing "The man who waits". Talked to Uscgrim until he teleported down the hallway and cleared the room. Went straight to Azo and confronted him in a fight. Then when I went back to the main room all the npcs were stuck in animation. An enemy attacked one of the npcs and I intervened. Then I went to the wicht room to find the door was open with the wichts standing upright with their arms outstretched (no animation). At this point I quicksaved and reloaded to see if it fixed anything. Upon return the wichts were all gone and I was hostile to everyone in the room above. Didn't see anything about a fix for this in the beta patch notes though.. Here's a copy of my save if it helps

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11970/90b96da0-fdbf-46fe-a66a-7690e4407fcd%20quicksave.savegame

this isn't fixed yet? If it isn't that's disappointing. Did they fix Raedric hold crash at least? I didn't update since purchase due to new bugs showing up

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Just ran into this bug. Probably didn't help that I was doing my best to keep the patients alive ( with charm but still didn't work too well)  and only kill the golem guards (and I confronted Azo had to kill him which caused non hostile npcs to appear)

Just glad I had save 10 minutes before all this happen

One more bug casualty reporting in.

Like so many others, I killed Azo after confronting him, cleared the basement (Wichts not showing up) and went upstairs to find everyone hostile.

The guards and Moerdred on the lower level aren't hostile by the way. Don't know if that means anything.

I am really hoping for a fix here. I'm afraid that the Scepter quest and Moerdred's chest aren't going to happen for me.

This just happened to me as well. No other save file anywhere near neither. I'm waiting for a fix before I continue playing as ruining my reputation with Defiance Bay is out of the question. Unfortunate...

• Like 1

The IE mod has a console command to set NPC hostility. I was able to use it on Nan to turn in the scepter quest. As long as you haven't killed her or the couple animancers downstairs the quests should still be doable.

This just happened to me as well. No other save file anywhere near neither. I'm waiting for a fix before I continue playing as ruining my reputation with Defiance Bay is out of the question. Unfortunate...

I am in this same situation, and I'm pretty salty about it.

I can confirm this bug and it's considered a very high priority fix for 1.05.

You don't need to confirm. We know its there. Its been a while. What you need to do is fix it already. 

1.05 won't be available until next week sometime however, but we'll keep you posted!

Again, you don't need to keep us posted on stuff everyone noticed , or confirm bugs everyone knows.

Funny how meaningless stuff like limericks  were fixed the moment someone whined about it, while gamebreaking bugs persists for WEEKS !  Plz look at the date of this topic = 27 MARCH. that's nearly a  MONTH

Edited by Luj1

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

"Hey, we are working hard to fix this bug, and we're also letting you know this fact!"

"GRAGH YOU ARE STUPID WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT YOU ARE FIXING THIS BUG"

People like you are why many developers, and other professionals, quickly realise it's a bad idea to communicate with their customers. Stop ruining for everybody else who would like devs to communicate and listen.

• Like 3

I can confirm this bug and it's considered a very high priority fix for 1.05. 1.05 won't be available until next week sometime however, but we'll keep you posted!

Thanks for informing us about the fact you working on it !

If you can get on eye on the fact the quest end without giving any reward (no experience especially) too that could be cool ^^ I stopped playing there and I'm waiting for a fix now !

Thank you !

• Like 1

With a game started using 1.03 (1.04 at time of bug trigger), I didn't get hostile first floor patrons, but did encounter a lot of bugginess the first time I did this quest chain. It seemed that as soon as I went through the doors our of the "North Ward" things went wonky - when I ducked beck into the Ward, everyone was in both an alive and dead state, and the Wichts were all standing in their spawning room with arms outstretched, unmoving. 

Azo was definitely still alive, too - and had the same dialoque options from before things went crazy. Same with the lady who greets people entering the Ward - still alive and acting like nothing was wrong (though there were also corpses present on the ground). 

Since I -knew- the game was fubar, I reloaded from an earlier save and didn't go through those doors til the Ward was cleared of hostile constructs. Azo also responded to me more properly - even though I couldn't "confront" him or start a fight (He just yells 'What have you done?').

Not sure if that helps, or if what I saw was a -different- sequence of bug phenomena, but it's obviously connected.

I have the bug too.

Do you need additional game save to analize and fix it?

I saved with my party inside Wichts cellar, i have a guard already down (a golem is to blame) and prisoners still in the main room.

Thank you, i have stopped too (my char is a paladin, i can't do something like that XD

I can confirm this bug and it's considered a very high priority fix for 1.05. 1.05 won't be available until next week sometime however, but we'll keep you posted!

I can't help but notice that the weekend is fast approaching and the fix/patch has yet to be released.

I too just encountered this bug. I've read through every single page and happened to notice that a developer decided to key and and mention a fix for this being worked on.. which was on the 20th or 21st, if I remember correctly. Still no fix, and my last manual save was 7 or 8 hours back. 

I can handle little bugs/issues here and there, but something that completely screws up the progress of the game or takes away from the main story? This is very disappointing, as I was enjoying the game. I won't be playing this any more, unless the fix that they apply some how applies to those of us that it has affected already in our current games without us having to replay an absurd amount of time.

I would pursue a refund, but I know that won't happen. I'm disappointed that I shelled out $45 for this game, I should have done more research first.

Thanks for posting a possible solution! We're all trying hard to find a work-around to this game-breaking issue. It seems this problem runs deeper than Raedric's Hold crash does.

This is NOT a gamebreaking issue. Murdering the entire upper level (as I did) still allows you to finish the game.

Issue? YES

Game-breaking issue? NO

Get your facts straight, especially when having the audacity to complain to OE about the many 'gamebreaking issues'... *shrug*

EDIT:

Also *gosh* why would this take longer than a text-change? I can fix 10.000 text-issues in TSLRCM in the time it takes for a single other bug... it's not different here. And everyone can understand why (bar you apparently).

:facepalm:

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Thanks for posting a possible solution! We're all trying hard to find a work-around to this game-breaking issue. It seems this problem runs deeper than Raedric's Hold crash does.

This is NOT a gamebreaking issue. Murdering the entire upper level (as I did) still allows you to finish the game.

Issue? YES

Game-breaking issue? NO

Get your facts straight, especially when having the audacity to complain to OE about the many 'gamebreaking issues'... *shrug*

EDIT:

Also *gosh* why would this take longer than a text-change? I can fix 10.000 text-issues in TSLRCM in the time it takes for a single other bug... it's not different here. And everyone can understand why (bar you apparently).

:facepalm:

You can define "Game-Breaking" differently, but you don't have to be such a jerk about it. 

For me, turning one of the major cities and factions hostile is game-breaking. Maybe you just want to be able to kill a final boss and trigger an ending, but I was trying to enjoy the game.

• Like 1

I've been able to get maximum disposition to Defiance Bay even after the massacre.

And I'm only being a jerk to Luj1 since he's been a royal pain in the neck everywhere on this forum. If not I would've responded in a kinder way.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee