I'm pretty sure you can't drop things.

But, to make room in your limited inventory, you can move stuff to your Stash (it's the treasure chest icon beside your characters' inventories). Depending on a setting in the game options, you can either be restricted to only accessing your stash in towns/the stronghold, OR you can access it wherever, whenever. It basically holds infinite stuff, and allows you to sort by categories, etc.

Hope that helps.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

It does. But... you know, when you look at the list of things they needed to have in the game by today, it probably doesn't seem as silly. 8P

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

You can't drop things? I know RPGers are the ultimate packrats but that seems... a little silly.

In a world where every vendor, regardless of what they're selling, is willing to buy any item, no matter how useless off of you (okay, some item's are worth 0cp, but most will net you something at least), it hardly seems silly.

If I could sell every piece of lint, old candy wrappers and ATM receipts I happen to have in my pocket to the cashier at the local conveniance store while I do my grocery shopping, I'm pretty sure I'd never drop anything either :p

• Like 4

"For Sale Cheap - belly button lint from an ogre"

...it does feel a little weird with an infinite stash, but the upside is less time spent playing stash-tetris, more time playing. You can pretend the world has a very very strict no-littering policy... :biggrin:

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wanted to play without the magical stash, so I used the "restrict" option.

then items started to instantly transport themselves to my stash and I couldn't access it, and then  found I couldn't drop items, so I couldn't drop a ****ty priced item for a better priced item.

I makes me a bit sad, but it seems I can't really play without using the stash :(

• Like 1

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

How do I remove items from my inventory?  I can't figure it out.  I need to pick up new stuff, but need to drop stuff in order to make room.

Thank you for this question. This was a feature I was requesting, and was told it's not that important.

BTW, I'm forcing myself not to use the stash for any items that don't automatically go to the stash. Much better.

Edited by Gairnulf
  • Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

• 3 months later...

For those concerned with the stash being infinite - well it's probably not - I mean there are only a finite number of items in the game right? so placing an infinite number in your stash is not possible....there don't you feel better now? 8)

If that still doesn't work for you then I suppose you could add unwanted items to any container you find (like BG) - of course you would have to move them from your stash to your inventory first (I think) which would be a hassle... :grin:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

The law for littering is VERY strict in Eastern Reach. There are these omnipresent invisible littering cop ghosts that chilltouch anyone that litters, so no dropping in this part of the world. Sorry. But you have this unlimited stash. Just shove 'em all in there.

Edited by Sedrefilos