If you really loved this game and want a sequel get inside

Those who haven't done it yet ,you should open a metacritic account and give this game a 9 or 10 score here:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/pillars-of-eternity

Many gamers are heavily influenced by user scores in this site and a higher score means better sales!

Edited by barakav

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

Meh, I don't read reviews.  I don't think I've ever actually been to that site lol.  They don't need metacritic scores to make another one.  Metacritic like scores and publishers saying the genre was dead is the reason it took like 10 years to get another good crpg.

Edited by Medwynd
  • Like 3

Meh, I don't read reviews.  I don't think I've ever actually been to that site lol.  They don't need metacritic scores to make another one.  Metacritic like scores and publishers saying the genre was dead is the reason it took like 10 years to get another good crpg.

What?

Maybe you and many others don't give a crap ,but many gamers ,old and young alike look at this site like it's the imDb of gaming.

While this game seems to do well for the time being an higher user metascore means better sales which means more money for Obsidian and for new games like this.

There are always trolls in every game. The idea is to balance them with many good scores.

Edited by barakav

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

While this game seems to do well for the time being an higher user metascore means better sales which means more money for Obsidian and for new games like this.

Or, you know, they could just kickstart another one the way this one was funded....

What?

Maybe you and many others don't give a crap ,but many gamers ,old and young alike look at this site like it's the imDb of gaming.

I am actually a big fan of imDB when it comes to their scores (the forum not so much). The difference to imDB and Metacritic is that the latter is a dumb mixture of user scores and media reviews, some of which don't even use the same rating system (3/3, 5/5, 10/10, 100/100). I'm a PC gamer since the late 90s and I never used Metacritic and don't see the need to start now. That site is on the decline, the recent change of Eurogamer's review is the best sign of it.

Yeah, maybe PoE sell a little better if everybody here would make an account, but I don't see very much reason to game a broken system. I admire your actions though.

I rather that they will have enough money from sales the old fashioned way .

Kickstarter is a big gamble and the last one, as big as it was didn't get enough revenue to fully finance this game. They had to add more money by themselves.

Instead of behaving like typical CRPG elitists who discount anything mainstream including review sites ,you all should support the games and developers that you like so you will continue to get good products.

Edited by barakav
  • Like 2

Or, you know, they could just kickstart another one the way this one was funded....

Or they could have enough finances not to have to resort to fundraising to even stay open.

I don't follow review sites either, and have never used Metacritic for any game info, but I think this is a good idea. There are tons of people that do hold Metacritic in high esteem, and it can only benefit Obsidian if we carpet bomb the site with good scores.

• Like 2

I used to care about Meta-critic scores but too many people hand out 10s or 0s  and most games are not truly perfect or truly horrible.  The people who hand out 0s for some lame reason convinced me not to bother with the site anymore.  The only valid reason to score a game a zero if it flat out doesn't run due to being a buggy nightmare of a game.  I usually go to youtube for reviews and game forums. Like today the positive response on this site overwhelms the very few negative posts.

Edited by CynicalP

Metacritic is useful, and for a lot of dev studios, important because publishers (and future publishers) care about it a lot.

There are always trolls but in this case the user scores are running 7:1 positive to negative.  And the critic score is 92.  AAA titles are generally gonna get 7-9 from critics, but the user scores really tell the story.  Controversial releases (DA:I comes to mind) might have a critic score of 80+ but nearly 1:1 positive to negative user scores.

Wait... "if you really loved this game"... The game is out since a few hours and we can already say stuff like "If you really loved this game"?

Same for the negative reviews. How the hell is that possible so short after the release?

Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with people.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Usually gamers that have an urge to give a score to a game have a strong feelings about it.

Someone who feels like he got burned will want to warn others and will give a very low score while someone else who loves a game will feel like he needs to tell others about it.

Those who think the game is only good or meh won't have a lot of incentive to post a score at all.

Wait... "if you really loved this game"... The game is out since a few hours and we can already say stuff like "If you really loved this game"?

Same for the negative reviews. How the hell is that possible so short after the release?

Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with people.

Of course ,take your time to play but remember that if you like it. It will be a good idea to improve the score as much as you can.

I am posting this right now because many backers will visit the forum in the next few days.

P.S many reviewers pirated this game or got a stream copy earlier.

Edited by barakav

Pillars of Eternity - 'Man, this game looks so old and outdated, only boring old farts could like this, 1/10'.

Minecraft - 'Wow, this game is so retro and cool, the 8 bit graphics take me all the way back to when I was a kid playing snes games! 10/10'.

• Like 2

I want to strangle those idiots who gave it low scores. I've only been able to play 2 hours so far (you know, work and all that) but it looks great to me!

You could, but they're probably too stupid to die. I mean, these are people for whom reading is an insurmountable hurdle.

Here I found a link that shows the relationship between metascore and steams' sales and it looks like the relation is exponential with a lot of noise:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/steam-gauge-do-strong-reviews-lead-to-stronger-sales-on-steam/

Furthermore having a 90 is pretty much a guarantee for around 800000 copies sold and usually many more.

Edited by barakav

Or they could have enough finances not to have to resort to fundraising to even stay open.

Maybe I am not getting your connotation correct, but what is wrong with crowdfunding and after the great response this time around why would they not "resort" to it again?

I am not asking them to do it now but it is logical to open a thread about it now because the next few days will probably see the biggest spike in the traffic to this forum for a long while.

I want that many people that don't usually post here will be aware of that ,and when they will be ready to post their opinions and scores they should do it.

Edited by barakav