Second Key for those stuck waiting on a physical copy from a tier with a digital copy as well?

Hi guys, for those of you in the $140 tier, there should be an additional Hero key in your Products page soon. It'll take about 20 minutes from the time of this post to appear.

Thanks, and apologies for the inconvenience.

Darren

• Like 2

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Hi guys, for those of you in the $140 tier, there should be an additional Hero key in your Products page soon. It'll take about 20 minutes from the time of this post to appear.

Darren

What about those at the $65 tier (like the guy who posted the other topic who did get a code) and those at even higher tiers though? :(

Edited by mizunosakura

I tried putting it in offline mode and it didn't work :/

Try going into the Steam folder on your hard drive withiut starting up Steam. You can then launch the game from the executable/app in your folder. I tried it out last night and it worked (wanted to make sure I'd be able to play on an upcoming trip with limited internet access). I'm not at my computer now so I can't tell you the exact path to the steam library, but it's something like c:program files(x86)/steam/steam apps/common/pillars of eternity

Darren

Darren,

I'm also in the $140 tier, and was wondering about the second copy as well. I was planning on giving it to my friend. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Before anyone says that would be like having a 3rd copy, they already said those with physical rewards would get a digital version so they would not miss out on playing at Launch and the disc is DRM free so as many computers can have it anyway. The only person getting hurt are those waiting for their copy when they purposely bought two to, in most cases, play with someone. 

Even though the disc version is DRM free, that's not a license to pirate the game. You still only have 1 software license, which you would do well to respect. As a software engineer myself, I have a real problem with the mentality that DRM free is tantamount to "please copy this floppy."

Darren

Thank you SO much, Darren! You didn't have to do that, and you guys are just friggin' amazing. I'm glad the game's being so well-received, and I can't wait to get home and play it now that I don't have to wait for my disc (or compromise a key reserved for a friend).

You have my utmost gratitude (as well as many others', I'm sure), ^_^

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Before anyone says that would be like having a 3rd copy, they already said those with physical rewards would get a digital version so they would not miss out on playing at Launch and the disc is DRM free so as many computers can have it anyway. The only person getting hurt are those waiting for their copy when they purposely bought two to, in most cases, play with someone. 

Even though the disc version is DRM free, that's not a license to pirate the game. You still only have 1 software license, which you would do well to respect. As a software engineer myself, I have a real problem with the mentality that DRM free is tantamount to "please copy this floppy."

The focus is more on "they already said those with physical rewards would get a digital version so they would not miss out on playing at Launch"--the rest are just other things people have mentioned. I doubt anyone would do it to get around that, but my point was more that people are stuck waiting for no reason and if it was the other way around (IE: Digital codes somehow got delayed but physical copy was there), people would be able to still play with the person (in a rightful way as they did get two copies) while that is not the case the way it is now. 

• Like 1

Darren

Hello Darren,

I checked "My Products" page but I don't see any supplemental Hero key (I'm in 140$ tier). Can you check if everything is ok?

Thank you in advance.

Thats why I always go with GoG.

You should have though about playing at the same time befor you went without steam.

Buying one key on GoG does not license you to play the game on as many machines as you want for as many people as you want at the same time, they just don't stop you from doing that.

That's been our view, also. Plus, I don't want to push my husband to choose GOG when Steam will likely be more convenient for him in the long run.  What's best in the short term isn't necessarily most advantageous overall. In any case, we're enjoying other (non-Obsidian) games while we wait.

Edited by Lady Evenstar

Lady Evenstar,

Did you check the Backer Portal again? Darren posted that a Hero Edition key would be given to people in place of discs, for now. Just this morning, I believe, or last night (is when he posted it).

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Darren

Wow, wasn't expecting that! Thanks!

I pledged at the $250 tier, and I got my Royal Edition which I assumed was my personal Steam key for play at release, but I am also missing the extra key for my backer level.

Has anyone seen their Backer Portal actually update with the extra keys yet?

Lady Evenstar,

Did you check the Backer Portal again? Darren posted that a Hero Edition key would be given to people in place of discs, for now. Just this morning, I believe, or last night (is when he posted it).

Yes, thank you, Lephys. I appreciate your concern. However, I've received just the one digital key that came with my tier.  So far as I know Darren said they'd give an additional key to the $140 folks, not the $65 folks in the same situation.  However, somewhat to my surprise, my husband opted for GOG, so I guess we have options. :)

Edited by Lady Evenstar

I'm on the same boat as you guys. I Kickstarted the $65.00 Retail Pack (1 digital key, 1 physical box, 2 total copies) and I'm waiting on the physical box to arrive. Haven't received any shipping confirmation or anything (I'm in California), but I totally understand that these things happen.

I'd really appreciate a second digital key while I wait for the box to arrive so my wife and I can play together. :)

I'm on the same boat as you guys. I Kickstarted the $65.00 Retail Pack (1 digital key, 1 physical box, 2 total copies) and I'm waiting on the physical box to arrive. Haven't received any shipping confirmation or anything (I'm in California), but I totally understand that these things happen.

I'd really appreciate a second digital key while I wait for the box to arrive so my wife and I can play together. :)

Yep @-@ I'm in NY and still no shipping confirmation or anything so I'm just stuck waiting unless we get a second digital key for my fiancé so we can play together. 

Well, for what it's worth, to anyone in this predicament, you could always generate a GOG key instead, and just that installer for both PCs for now. *shrug*

I realize that's beside the point, though. Just thought maybe it'd be helpful.

Unfortunately, before I even realized this was an issue, I had already hit Steam as I had no idea what GOG was, but we both use Steam so :/ 

I'm also seen people mention they wanted to use Steam plus the Family Sharing doesn't work as you can't play at the same time with it. 

You should be able to play at the same time - as long the Main Game holder [ who owns the copy ] is offline [ steam offline ]  and the Person being shared with is "online".

Like others, we've received neith a second digital copy to allow us both to play, and we've received no information about when we can expect the box with the discs to ship.  We live in a US metropolitan area so waiting on a guy with a donkey to trek our copy into the back country is a non-factor.

Edited by Lady Evenstar

Any news about the additial key?

Thanks in advance

Doesn't seem like it unfortunately. Other than $140 tiers and the one $65 tier who posted the other thread, I haven't seen anyone else getting a key and I've been keeping an eye on my portal. 

Still no shipping notification either :/ 

Any news about the additial key?

Thanks in advance

Doesn't seem like it unfortunately. Other than $140 tiers and the one $65 tier who posted the other thread, I haven't seen anyone else getting a key and I've been keeping an eye on my portal. 

Still no shipping notification either :/

I was asking because I'm in 140$ tier (plus 3 or 4 addons) but I didn't receive anything at the moment. I can't play the game because I gave my digital key to my brother thinking to receive the physical disc in a few days but my shipment status is still "shipping soon" (I live in Italy). Is there someone in the 140$ tier which already receive an additional key?

Thanks in advance