Not sure which forum is the right one to put this in (mods, feel free to merge/move), but I'm so sick of the game-destroying bugs that have necessitated three separate restarts, crashes, sound bugs that fill my speakers with noise from hell... honestly, I just want my money back and to go do something else with my time. Is that possible?

The game just came out if your willing to wait im sure there will be patches to fix the issues your having (if there not from you end). If your not a backer im sure steam/gog would give you a refund.

Break beneath the endless tide - monk

How many other games have you gotten a refund for after buying and using them? I'm just curious.

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Well, what's going to happen is if OP gets a refund, he'll just keep the game for free and wait for patches to fix them.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Well, what's going to happen is if OP gets a refund, he'll just keep the game for free and wait for patches to fix them.

A patch can't fix wheezing hardware.

True, it's possible his game is actually bug-free but there are other things going on. But we'd never really know.

Hardware incompatibility is the biggest reason to release a demo, I guess.

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

If you bought it from GoG you can use their 30 Day Money Back Guarantee (although I doubt that applies to Kickstarter copies that were redeemed there so if you didn't actually buy it from them - that said, it might count as a gift and then they can 'offer you a replacement game of equal or lesser value, as a form of store credit').

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

A patch can't fix wheezing hardware. 

1) I'm running an i7 4790K and a GTX 780. No way that random items disappearing out of my inventory, saves being corrupted, cutscenes refusing to load even after restarting the game, and random crashes (among so many other things) are the result of my hardware. I routinely run much more technically demanding games (modded Skyrim, Crysis, etc).

2) I don't actually know how Steam handles refunds, but I imagine it's not possible to get one and keep the game.

3) To the other question, this is the second game I would do that for; the first was Sim City, which was also unplayable at launch.

4) I honestly was thrilled for this game, and there's a good chance I'll come back to it in a couple months when it's working properly, but honestly it's such a mess right now I do feel like my money was badly spent. At the moment, I've played through the first part way too many times to want to do it again.

5) Looking at the tech support forums, there do seem to be a significant number of other people in the same situation.

Edited by amblingon

This game is nowhere close to as bad as Sim City was. I cant say why you are personally having that many issues with the game, but it doesn't seem that others are as it would be getting reported a lot more.

This seems like a single case scenario currently.

This game is nowhere close to as bad as Sim City was. I cant say why you are personally having that many issues with the game, but it doesn't seem that others are as it would be getting reported a lot more.

Look in the tech support forum- there are plenty of people who've run into bugs that made the game unplayable.

Seriously, guys, I have zero incentive to hate. I've been behind this game (almost) since it game out.

Yeah, I mean, I understand your frustration OP, but it may very well be that you and 1% of the rest of players are the only ones experiencing such extensive problems, and if you simply wait around (refund or no) until later, it won't be fixed if you don't report these problems to Obsidian's QA/support team.

They posted somewhere today that there's already a 1.0.3 patch in the works, but that it wouldn't be "locked down" until next week. So, I'd say if you can manage to give it about a week, a lot of problems will be fixed (as they prioritize the most extreme problems). But, definitely at least make a post in the tech support thread or something, to mention these things. Or email Obsidian support, etc.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Yeah, probably not going to get the refund. I also suggest just putting the game aside and waiting for a patch (but do report your issues as well as your system specs in the tech forum). This isn't unusual for any game at launch - there are always people that have issues. Hell, I had a sound glitch (but managed to fix it by turning off the tutorial tips). Other than that though, it's been smooth as silk for me so far. Hope you get some resolution for your troubles though.

• Like 1

Not sure which forum is the right one to put this in (mods, feel free to merge/move), but I'm so sick of the game-destroying bugs that have necessitated three separate restarts, crashes, sound bugs that fill my speakers with noise from hell... honestly, I just want my money back and to go do something else with my time. Is that possible?

I have now played for 10+ hours with 0 crashes or bug that iv noticed. 

Look in the tech support forum- there are plenty of people who've run into bugs that made the game unplayable.

Seriously, guys, I have zero incentive to hate. I've been behind this game (almost) since it game out.

I don't think you understand what "self-selection bias" means. Consider that 77,000 people backed the Kickstarter alone and then more people have bought retail at release. These problems aren't endemic unless the support forum is brought to its knees by thousands of people trying to post at the same time about problems.

Everyone knows games are constantly patched and launch day hiccups aren't uncommon. First-day patching isn't even surprising anymore. Sometimes you just have to wait, and due to the infinite configurations out there (like thousands of driver versions), some people have to work around some quirks. That said, if the existing workarounds in the tech support forum don't work, you're better off giving as much information to Obsidian as possible about your system, all driver versions, DX, you name it, and maybe they can find something.

• Like 1

Almost since it came out? You realize that it came out just over 12 hours ago, right?

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Did you back it?

Because if you are asking for a refund for your pledge.... they kinda spent that money, dude.

You'll have to do any refunds through the distributor/seller. You've bought it from Steam so you should seek a refund from them via a support ticket. Sorry you didn't enjoy the game.

If you actually pledge for a game and want a refund after release, that makes you a terrible horrible evil person.

I pledged $20 for Sui Generis too. The beta was just released and emailed to me, do I downloaded and played. I disliked it. But I'm not going asking for a refund on a kickstarter so long as they are working on and still delivering the game, because that's what I paid for.

• Like 2