HH's suggestions and bugs list revised to 2.0

Hassat Hunter

Question

So going to use this thread to list suggestions and bugs as I come along them. From what I can see so far it's rather solid and while a friend of my had a few CTD's it only did so once with me (starting the game on the opening vid, which I strangely didn't see the other 2 starts that worked fine).

Already have 2 threads going for more severe issues:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71895-towering-physique-error/ (Seems Towering Physique is missing from Actice Effects. Does it work?)

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71912-are-items-not-supposed-to-stack/ (Items are not stacking, so wielding a certain +5 to all cloak then buying a 2000cp ring with the same properties and equipping it does nothing. Not quite sure if intended, since it feels rather odd).

I probably will post stuff others have posted aswell, as I really didn't read any other threads out of fear of spoilers. Having said that, don't read this thread if afraid of spoilers, they will be here! Having said that I'm currently only 7 hours in and no-where near done.

------

Bugs:

* No error for adding camping stock to a filled inventory. Shopping for camping stock you cannot use still gives the coin sound without transaction (and no error).

* At the very start [blank] )(being the pc) has joined the party shows in the combatlog.

* During the Glanfathan Leader interaction someone says "Don't trust them, they mean to kill us all!" but the name isn't specified, making it look the leader said that himself.

* The infobox (right-click item) on non-picked up items doesn't take the selected PC in mind, which the floating text box does. Causing a disrepency and faulty comparrison.

* Tuatanu mentions "guards on the wall" (don't exist) and he also 'glances at the nearby guard' which doesn't exist. Possible add a guard or tweak the line?

* Bronze Horn Figurine 'requires 0 summoned creates.' A bit strange requirement and I didn't get it at first. Maybe rewrite 'Requires no other summoned creatures present'?

* Pasca mentions the line "I'm afraid we can't offer much by way of a good meal today [...] Unless you're fond of cold porridge," even after I saved the cook (saved long before meeting her).

* Do I get it correct 'Savage Defiance' actually *benefits* from negative intelligence? Or is the heal value lower too (doesn't mention it being modified by anything)? Might make this spell take longer with negative intelligence than shorter?

* Edér: 3 lines can be repeated continuously (including 'blew him up' VO looping): "What's a Drywoodan Hello?", "Who is Eothas" and "Who's Kolsec". Probably should be present on their own node.

* Kickstarter Cloak is not actually rendered; the PC has no cloak wearing it.

* Confronting Wirtan a certain line gives a empty line (space too much?). Resolution 1920x1080. Line: "You're very nervous for an honest man. Something weighing on your conscience, maybe?"

* Nonton mentions "a story about a dream you had?" when I said I would go to the magistrate. I however never told him that, only pushed him on his lie.

Suggestions/finding these quirks:

* Still find it odd that a bonus to attributes is selected after attributes, and +1 resolve is present from the defualt.

* I love expert mode, but I think it would have helped if I still got tutorials too, being new and all. Some things are confusing still.

* Nowhere is mentioned what Edér's "second chance" (from his armor) does anywhere. I have an idea, but actually being able to read upon it would be nice? Perhaps spellgiving items have the name a color too with the description hovering over them. Atleast from the KS item I can tell from the spellcast)

* Cloaks and amulets use the same slot? What? Why?

* Kept getting 'Weapon Ineffective" auto-pauses from the Barbarians ability to do 50% to secondary targets. Became so annoying I shut it off instead. Probably shouldn't do the check on that hit if it reaches the DR for damage???

As you can see it's all rather minor nitpicks, which is great, not? Till the next report!

Cant EDIT: changed topic name to reflect ongoing posts related to more recent patches and builds.

Edited by Cantousent

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Some more hours in (6 to be exact). Much more combat than talking and questing in this time though, making my post shorter as result.

Bugs:
* It seems the game crashes on me if I try to skip the Obsidian logo too fast, waiting a small while then skipping doesn't cause the game to crash.
* The 3 page's from Fulvano's Travels stack in the Stash, while all have different content and you cannot scroll through them!
* Empty Kickstarter Graves (intended?): Dorse Lanpher, Corran Cain, Unknown Wizard, Felraine, Lord Devil Ray.
* Burnhardt kickstarter grave has typo (why die I have to fry?). Even if wanting to stay true to fan's material it might condone fixing?
* Similarly Bral has a random ! in the middle.
* Shawn Hayden's grave instead of an opening letter has the ~ icon instead looking very bad.
* Several of the Kickstarter grave description end with " for no reason at all, there is no opening " in any of them!
* A stag and dear in the upper right corner of the Esternwood map do not move away from the player, or move at all!
* Cletlan infinitely repeats 'You have one more chance to turn around'... probably should become hostile upon asking the same question rather than looping.
* Visiting the libary in the Keep moving to the most right position you can already see the dead king's dead wife, spoiling the 'reveal'
* Boots of evasion mention 'Reflex Bonus 1' (bad name). Also item is completely useless due to the no-stacking thing.
* Broke Osrya - The character is currently busy when trying to interact with her. Killing the Gul at the bottom inflicted no attack (but I could use my combat spells), attacking anyone else did start the combat. Probably missed conversation? I got a savegame of this bug being in effect if need be.
2015_03_27_00043.jpg
*Durance's options turn grey even if he refuses to answer a topic, making it harder to spot what has been said yet. Wasn't an issue if you only get one per rest, but as you do...
* Raedric Hold - Log mentions Berathian Robes allow one to sneak around, but if you actually kill any of the priests they all just drop regular robes instead of Berathian Robes.

Suggestions/Oddities:
* Fulavano's Amulet mentiones a healing bonus; x1.15 Healing. What exactly constitudes healing? Those rare 2 abilities that actually heal HP? Endrance restoration? I have no clue what this bonus does!
* It would be nice if the defense values had popus displaying how the value is determined. It would help appease my mind thinking Single+Shield Style isn't working properly, or differently than stated (I think I should have more reflex having a 16 reflection large shield...)
* Took a tally, and got 800XP alone(!) from traps and unlocks (and didn't even got all traps, only around half) in Raedric Hold. That's more XP than many sidequests give! This bonus XP really is excessive, and a complete afront to the leveling system that allows you choices, not arbitrary mechanics XP.
* It's a little strange that Nedmar helps you against Raedric, but does go hostile on you for stealing.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Sadly wont be able to play for 2 days after this (woe befoe me), so I just wanted to note down these few last noticed bugs and suggestions before I forget them.

Corrections of above:

* Seems sword+shield works it seems. Guess his base reflex was really low. Replacing shield by a fine raised reflex by 4 properly so... my bad. Still a popup of the build would be nice.

* Additional 160XP (2 lvl 4 locks). So that's 960XP on just unlocks/traps, more than mission progresses give me!

Bugs:

* Larder Door is supposed to grant "Bash" (Bashing 2). But no spell or effect of any kind are added to the wielder. Bug?

* Kana's Turban mentions "Of Intellect 1" instead of +1

* Brighthollow and the Great Hall already allow usage of the stash while still occupied (not in possession of player).

Suggestions:

* Adding chant B, then A has them in order BA on the screen. IMO it should always use the order ABCD, not the order added. Also instead (or additional) it would be nice if people could set a custom image for their chant, so 4 different chants can have 4 distinct icons aswell to aid the user about his/her setups.

* Do not show the pet when using tab.

* Have similar items in the store stack. Selling all the keep's loot I now have a vendor with rows upon rows of the same item, poluting me from finding decent items among them.

^

Excellent bug finding Hassat. I can confirm most of the bugs you're reporting.

Bash does seem to work I saw an icon above the characters head at one point. But the text needs to have a link/tooltip associated with it. Looking at the forums I saw that it was an extra attack made from the shield. What the different levels of Bash are a mystery to me still.

One of the downsides of having an anticipated game release near your birthday is that my GF unsuspectidly granted me an 'extended weekend'. Very nice, but the 2 day break I anticipated became 5, and now I've just entered Defiance Bay while others on these forums probably already completed the game. Read about the item resetting passive buffs error, guess that's my Towering Physique error. 1 minute after I gained control I got that. Very typical of my games.

Didn't get a lot of time in, but want to report the few issues I found in that time. Now being in a city rather than a combat-heavy area the next  might not be so slim.

Bugs;

* A blank line after "Conquest is the path to a lasting civilization [...]" in a convo with Kana crossing the 'shield' between Eternal Path 1 and 2 (1920x1080 still).

* Gaun's Pledge (KS item) grants both charges on use rather than 1 of the 2.

* Still some rare cases of opponents targeting my pet for spells or melee engagement.

* KS graves; Walkir Grimbaldson's description has a typo (feat where it should be feast) and Xzini the Ratonga was here's entry is blank.

* Faithful Companion (boost Sagini starts with) mentions the animal companion getting the boost, but Sagini herself gets it. Spell or description (or both) are incorrect.

* Blue 'magic' effect seems rather random, and has some glitches;

** Lora's stock normal potions are not, but minor potions have blue effect. Same for a few scrolls, most don't. Amethyst and Agate have effect, other gems do not.

** Igrun's stock Rope and Grappling Hook have effect, the ones in my inventory (looted) do not.

** The map found in the adventurer center (don't recall proper name right now, on the right in the Copperlane map) has blue effect in container, appears blue if going from a stash container with blue item on the same spot (weapon and armor for me) but stays 'white' if going from a container not having a blue item on that spot aswell in the stash (ie. all other ones). Hopefully this isn't too confusing, got screenshots to explain this if need be.

* Matthias Nikolas' soulread is a giant lap of text, needs spacings and enters like other soulreading sessions have.

* After Sagini's first fight, where her companion Itumaak was knocked out I noticed him having 384/360 health afterwards. Either max. HP was incorrect somehow or actual HP didn't get properly capped by max HP?

* Going from Copperlane to Madhmr Bridge takes 2 days and 15 minutes??? (I haven't visited the map yet, but it should still be 15 minutes either case. Will update later if time is still bugged if Bridge map is explored).

Suggestions;

* I have to agree with several others blue circles would be much better around NPC's than the green circles of now, seperating NPC from PC.

* Please allow bigger stacking value than 5. Mostly lockpicks take up a lot of space in my inventory :/

^

Patch is installing now, here's what I noticed before the patch, before continuing my game (and report) *after* the patch;

* Another soul-read wall of text: Skinflint

* Upgrading Sagani, noticed the class unlock Predator's Sense's description mentions the bonus being to the companion, while the actual effect said "self" instead. Not sure which is wrong, didn't take it either to check out during actual gameplay 0_o

* Empty KS graves: Tobias Tyrsell, Julien A. Feraud, Willow, Xún, Alexander G.V., Warren Powell, RIP Phoenot and Raculot.

* Helge Ingvoldstad's KS grave starts with an ungodly ugly huge (

* Got a near crash after triggering one trap and then disarming another and going into the inventory in the Catacombs. It even gave the 'Pillars is not responding' screen before it actually started to run again...

* Again; Itumaak's health exceeded his max after being knocked out. Seems to fill to full when not. It's not quite working like heroes health and endurance.

* Into the Fray claims it brings enemies in melee range, but they stop slightly away from it.

* Triggering a trap in the secret room at the Temple or Woedica the log mentions "Auto-Paused: Combat Start (*NameError*)"

* You can use your stash in the Temple of Woedica even if the higher level Catacombs you cannot, should not be possible there either.

Suggestion;

* Got an item (Stalker's Torc) which improves Stalker's Link, a druid ability. It's vague on 'modifies' though, and I don't even know if Sagani has it, don't recall each name ingame (usuallly have to quit upgrading my PC on the skills to see what the upgrades mentions actually refer to again). Hopefully this can become a little clearer?

^

The following are after the 1.0GB patch, but before an additional 579.1MB download (what's that?); Version 1.0.3.0524:

* Book with title so big it's almost inelligable in top level of Reymont Manor.

* Ring of Unshackling doesn't appear to work; no spell is granted upon equipping it???

* Not sure why we have to turn in the Heart of the White Marsh if just giving the letter people are planning to steal it (seriously, why would you afterwards return it?)

* Talking to Weyd for the first time at the Salty Mast after finding Derrin the conversation is very jarring. The PC knows he's the father, and the mother's name all out of the blue. The conversation with the mother works fine in this regard, but not with Weyd.

* Stronghold UI changes between 'turns' and actual dates for reporting events??? (what's a turn anyway?)

* Sleeping in the Salty Mast (the +con room if matters) triggered an Adra sleep movie for me rather than the Inn sleep movie. Intended?

Just reporting these few things since not sure if it's even further updated now...

^

Had some pretty severe issues with savegames not loading, but fortunately that seemed to have resolved itself, thankfully. I feared I lost all my savegames. Here's a few more from my recent hours in Defiance Bay (spoilers!), now using v 1.0.3.0526 (changelog?), still using my character created at release.

Bugs...

* Salty Mast solving it's quest reduces Shiny Pearl and Common Room to 0cp, but Broad Beam remains 180cp, and 135cp after quitting the dialogue and restarting it.

* Serel; "It's worth 6000 pands [...]" there is no rejection option(!!!) only the option to give her 6000 ("Deal") even if you don't want to.

* Why does the Notes tab have a collapsable 'Note' subheader? Since there's litterally nothing else in that tab, and thus it serves no function at all, it's just using up space and would be best removed.

* Construting the Scepter with Nans says it takes hours, but there's no time-progression.

* Leveling up Sagani; "Vicious Companion", "Resilient Companion" and "Merciless Companion" all mention boosting the companion in the text, but the effect says 'self:'

* Stronghold actions can retain the 1 even if no action is there, or after an action is completed. Re-load fixes it though.

* I can mention to Maerworth (sp?) about her mother ignoring the eviction order without having acquired the eviction order.

* The Wailing Banshee "commoner" who does the kitchen probably needs to be renamed "Cook".

* During the bar-brawl with Danna the civs come to the fight; 1 Patron, 1 Actor, Roi Ninguen. Afterwards one thug ran off attacking Iristi Thungsten, The Vulture and Mikerus Solomatine. Bishop joined into the fight too (though I'm pretty sure his gun was invisible). Iristi Thungsten and the Patron didn't survive the onslaught.

2015_04_04_00036.jpg

* Cendric's spawn is somewhat, clumped?...

2015_04_04_00038.jpg

* Audmer and Bellasege do not have an option to talk about the Leaden Key, which is funny since Ozo does mention Audmer.

* Hostile Flesh Constructs still attack the Crazed Patients (including the named ones), making their initial attack much easier, intended?

* After the attack all of the patrons and hollowborn where unanimated, standing absolutely eerie still with no animation. It's rather hard to see on screenshots (:/), though the dead guard still standing up (he wasn't defending himself) and the T-pose Hollowborn should give a bit of an indication what happened. After reloading (many times with 20+ crashes, I feared this had messed up my savegames 0_o) they got animated again, the guard replaced by goods, and the hollowborn gone.

2015_04_04_00047.jpg

2015_04_04_00048.jpg

Suggestions/quirks etc...

* Murdered a lonely Justiciar in their HQ to open chests nearby. And no-one really cares? No drop in rep, anything?

* Allow an option to remove all 'Nothing new to report' lines from the Stronghold UI (enough space on the right for a button doing so).

Praise:

* Nice job on the little post-quest interaction with Gordy!

* Gareth the shady person. Intended nod to Thief?

^

Time for another update, gotten quite a bit further (so beware the spoilers if not at act III yet) and getting taunted by my friends for being like 50% halfway at 50hours while they're already done. Those crazy peoeple.

Updates:
* Seem items granting spells only do so after an area-load. Intended? Seems odd.
* Finally reaching Madhmr Bridge I can see now why it wasn't possible to travel there from the city XD.

Bugs:
* Assassins infront of the Sanitarium made it really easy for me targeting Serel and the Dunryd Row Messenger, splitting their party up in easily chunkable parts.
* Chests near the Lady from Dunryd Row and Gedmar Doemenel do not allow you to use lockpicks even if you had the proper requirements (1 level lower and many lockpicks). Opening with sufficients skill works.
* Killing Gedmar Doemenel "fails" Changing of the Guard even if you never got that quest.
* Book in Gedmar's room also has a very long almost illegable due to small size title.
* Killing Bricanta Doemenel "fails"  Hard Feelings, even if you never got that task.
* Rime and Frost chant gives several errors; it gives a LOT of 'trap triggered' messages if enemies trigger it, and has the annoying tendancy to spam the log and auto-pause if the chant is active while in Stealth modus.
* Talking to the Justiciar at Heritage Hill's gate then "What's going on in there?" says both guards look at each other, even if the other guard has been killed.
* The Dunryd Demon helmet icon and ingame appearance do not match (no horns on icon)
* Hearth Harvest icon is too big, exceeding the item slot!
* Can't interact with the ? in the leftbottom room in Brighthollow's sleeping quarters.
* The Gabrannos door slides into the floor, and can be seen there using tab, rather than being removed(?).
* Error with Paladin Zealous Focus and Critical Focus upgrade not having the same range (Crit Focus is not boosted by intelligence), leading to people having different buffs from the modal depending on the range from the caster.
* You can 'remove' an unwanted guest at the safehouse by escorting him/her then canceling. This will last till area load.
* A barbarian with Threatenting Presence will massively spam this ability upon death:
2015_04_05_00040.jpg

2015_04_05_00056.jpg
* Killing Raedric Kolsc will say "Come, men - clear these bodies from the hall" but afterwards all bodies still remain (even those at the throne making them stand in a pile of corpses right away).
* Returning to Gilded Vale the 2 civilians most southern to the bodyless tree can't be talked to regularly.
* Completing Ferry Flotsam giving the items to Peregrun reduces reputation with Definace Bay. Why (he being a salesman there to boot)?
* Pearlwood Bluff Elder Stag doesn't give a damn about humans.
* The Long journey (? Sagani's quest) update at Pearlwood Bluff mentions Eder rather than Edér (for all your super serious bugs, keep checking this thread!)
* Firebased weaponry leave artifacts on the area map. Most easily noticable with the Whispers of Yenwood.
* Travel doesn't properly update time remaining for Stronghold upgrades if traveltime is 1 day or more. For example 1d23h remaining, 8 hour travel becomes 1d15h remaining (correct) but 23 hours remaining then a 1 day travel will still respond 9 hours remaining for a Stronghold upgrade.
* More empty KS graves (did so many really leave it blank? I find that hard to believe): Journeyman, Kaldurenik, Kallisar, Juuso Haimilahti, Granma, Nina, Nelson Alves, Ltambrose,  
* Nick Monkeyface's grave contains

[i][/i]

instead of actual italic text.
* Chinese symbols grave also tries to do first letter in symbol, failing horribly.

Suggestions/Quirks:
* Killed Leyra without harming the Justiciar's hoping it would relieve them of their trance. Sadly, didn't work, so much additional health lost for nothing :/
* Getting a dream about Durance progressing The Trials of Durance then wanting to ask about it I found the thread, but then he responded I asked too much already. I've been unable to find that topic since. Bug? Or just really hidden? I hate talking to the guy (due to/)with its stupid per-rest limitation :/.
* Since the 2 inniatial looters in Hanwen's group (Madhmr Bridge) got names, why not name them rather than keeping them 'Looter'?

^

Finished Act II yesterday evening (getting the "Complete game with 1200 kills in the progress, okay...), so beware spoilers for the end of it, they ARE included, unspoilertagged. I noticed this morning a new patch downloaded, so all these were encountered still using 1.0.3.0526, with a character started at game release.

I do have screenshots from most of these aside the Druid issue if need be... savegames, probably not.

(Also, small question to the mods, can you remove the build number from the thread title since I can't and obviously this is no longer about 508 anymore)

Bugs:
* In the Stormwall Gorge the deer right from the temple ignores the PC. The 2 to the right try to run away from the PC atleast. All deer's in Dyrford Crossing ignored the PC aswell.
* Hiravias has the tendency to repeat the PC rather than having the proper text for 'more questions'... affected: "Let's speak of something else." "I had some other questions about Eir Glanfath." and "That's all for now."
* Might be a fluke, but during a battle my summoned wurm got dominated, I killed it during this, and afterwards had to wait till it's experation time for combat to end, even if no foes where left.
* Piglets in Dyrford have dialogue icon hovered over them, but no text.
* Issues with GFX overload (harming framerate), logspam and audiotary spam in certain cases when the Druid (Hiravias) charmed an animal while already having another animal charmed. This didn't always happen, but did atleast twice with the same actions with different opponents, making it unlikely to be a one-time fluke:
2015_04_06_00009.jpg

2015_04_06_00011.jpg

2015_04_06_00022.jpg

2015_04_06_00024.jpg
* Lilith's Shawl effect remains on opponents after they've been charmed/dominated and turn hostile again. Now +1 stealth might not be so beneficial to them but other more beneficial (item?)aura's might have the same effect.
* Also the blue lightning effect (Grieving Mother's Ringleader) remains even if they turn hostile again.
* As I've seen others mention all my Hirelings show 'Currently unpaid' even if this doesn't affect anything (they still add to security and prestige and get paid).
* Hiring Kograk for the Stronghold will make him respond like he's at Caerd Noa while still in the cave. He's not removed from the cave (even after area load, or completing the quest!) though I didn't check for Act III yet. While he's in the cave, recruited, he will remove the Fog of War for you in his corner.
* My 'The cutest cat' got injured in the battle for Aelys, though I couldn't get back enough in the log to check what did that (got healed afterwards).
* Grieving Mother's map note is off, showing the name beside it rather on hover over as all other map-markers.
* Mantle of Wreathing Flame says it gives an Aura, rather than a spell (which it does).
* Harond killed (except for "Dengler found that lord [...]") banter in Dyrford calls up a dialogue box rather than being floaty text as it should be.
* In the Dyrford Ruins got 2x "Devotions for the Faithful" on me, with very different effects for the 2 PC's affected (don't know charmed NPC's affected, but those also had 2), and one of them being a blank. Don't really have that much more info on that though. Happened in battle close to Mill(?) entrance.
* Also had some quirks there using Grieving Mothers Ringleader, where combat would end, they turn hostile and combat restart even with enemies left and my PC's in enemy's range, although the charmed where between the friendlies and enemies. It would restock the druid/priest lvl 1 spells and give Grieving Mother 55 Focus but for example Durance's per encounter uses (like Holy Radiance) still were used up. Very odd.
* Clîaban Rilag also has the doors tab shows through the ground (both levels).
* Wildstrike Belt is not locked to Druids as it should be (according to description anyway, don't know stuff by name that I know what Wildstrike is).
* Nature's Embrace granting Woodskin doesn't work, even after level loading, the effect is simply not there.
* Why do the generic Codex item have just a custom name, but not a description???
** Similarly, several items are completely the same, like "The Maverick" and "Sitra Achara", "Haba's Hammer" and "Jarpie's Warhammer", "Lyssandra's Blade and "Darcozzi Paladini's Longsword of In'claene" and probably more.
* Looting compare is already a pain, but shop compare even more. It only compares to the initiator of the dialogue, and even if you make that the one you want, it only shows base values rather than with bonusses the lootbox does atleast (albeit with the looter rather than selected char).
* During the post-assassination Defiance Bay section Justiciar's, Commoner's and Mercenaries all have the dialogue icon hovering over them, but none of them have dialogue.
* The battle between the Justiciar, Commoner and Dozens Martyr can last infinitely since they have an extremely high regeneration rate. Bad side is however you still hear their weapon clanking further away, and their grunting along the entire map (which is hilariously funny/disturbing outside of combat just hearing that wandering about). Same for the fight with the Doemenel Bruisers later on (which make the grunting more noticable going to Dunryd Row).
*  Certain dialogue options appear on citizens and the justiciar on the bridge that probably should not be available after those events:
** "The Hall of Revealed Mysteries [...]", "Have you been to the expedition hall yet? [...]", "If you're a scholar, [...]", "The Coppelane marketplace has [...]", "Some of the plays they put [...]", "If you need an inn for the night, [...]", "It's good someone's fixing the lighthouse. [...]", "So the thugs have left the brothel? [...]"
* The looking glass behind the counter in the Curio Shop (Stronghold) cannot be read.
* Ogre Blood, Ooze Plasma and Primal Flame in the Curio Shop, Potion of Minor Endurance, Potion of Minor Recovery, Potion of Minor Regeneration and Whiteleaf at the General Goods Vendor where blank, only the item appearing. Was going to check if it was still there booting the game this morning, but since a patch hit mentioning it before moving onto the new version!

* KS grave errors;
** A Silent Protagonist's entry is !? the ! becoming the giant letter and looking, like the others, wrong.
** Similarly, Terrhwulf tr'Aieme's starts with an equal ugly (
** Empty: Starglider, master of golems,
** Nameless entry: Dyrford ruins, near the entrance from the crossing.
** Tara; Blackstar: "No more shall the shall the souls of the lost [...]" One 'shall the' too much!

Suggestions/Quirks:
* I figured the reason why we met packs of Lions was because there was no mane-less female lion model. This was proven correct when Lionesses did appear, being maned like the Lion's themselves. Now I know this adds extra modeling time, but could lionesses be updated to actually look like them, and the packs distributed more natural? (Lioness and Lion already share the same stats and beastiary entry).
* "At least we're not under some tyrant like those poor sods in Gilded Vale" > not run this or a different line if Raedric is killed? (Dyrford)
* Trollhide belt, what does it do? Regeneration +1 endurance... during combat? The effect isn't showing as icon or under 'active effects' so I stashed it for the time being.

* Just found out I could use the lvl 1 spells of my Druid and Priest per encounter now, don't think I've seen any hint ingame as to this being the effect, so it came to me as a surprise, thought that only happened to Wizards reading pre-release stuff and all. It's very nice, but I think it should be displayed or mentioned better ingame when something turns from per rest to per encounter, perhaps a slight change to the icon of the druid/priest level or something. Got a lvl-up now, trial-and-error if it makes level 2 the same :/

Edited by Hassat Hunter
  • Like 1

^

This is going to be a short one, but wanting to speak them while still fresh...

Using version 1.0.3.053 - Steam

Updates:

* Finally getting to update a Druid I can confirm Wildstrike is a Druid-only ability so the Wildstrike Belt is definitely missing it's requirement.

* Apparently the Nature's Embrace belt's Woodskin does work, being triggered in combat. No clue as to what it's requirements, seems to be getting hit for quite some endurance, but then doesn't trigger often either. I have no idea how it works.

* Had the log- and GFX spam again on a Crystal Eater, without another animal being charmed before that by Hiravias. Though several where some time before by the Grieving Mother, though were already hostile when he started his own charm. Another theory now is charming on prone enemies, though so far no conclusive proof on that either.

Bugs:

* Heard a lot of horror stories about people loosing all items if sending people away to the stronghold. Fortunately for me it wasn't that bad, though oddly enough all people did loose their boots!

* Several abilites, talents and abilities upgrades have the wrong icon in the character screen (might be leftovers from when less unique icons where around?);

** For example the Interdiction (Priest) picture is wrong, not the same as the icon in the character bar.

** Brilliant Radiance and Inspiring Radiance (Priest) use the same picture, both not the same as Holy Radiance in the character bar.

** Rapid Recovery (Warrior) doesn't use the same icon as it's parent Constant Recovery.

** Wary Defender (Warrior) doesn't use the same icon as it's parent Defender.

*** And this is probably just the tip of the iceberg since I didn't bother checking after Durance and Edér.

* Inspired flame doesn't display Burst of Summer Flame details on "Inspired Flame" (Priest) on level-up screen like it does on the character screen.

* "The Bride Caught" and "The Brideman Slew" lvl III Chanter Invocations do not list their duration time (on lvl up, unknown char).

* Why do summon invocations list an Area of Effect? That's pretty much n/a, right?

* Cipher: "Body Attunement", "Wild Leach" (IV powers) and probably more do not list their duration time (on lvl up, unknown char).

* While I didn't have itemloss issues with send off chars I did get an issue with Kana getting his original song in slot B, and disabling his auto-chanting upon starting off battles, very annoying. Removed all and remade my first, didn't help. Upon reloading a second slot of the same song showed, once I removed that, and for thoroughness remade A the issue was resolved and he used chanting in combat properly again.

* Some single-target spells don't make the PC auto-attack afterwards. I was already wondering why sometimes my heavy spell-use battles went so poorly than just using abilities, but there we go. Afterwards I fared much better though much micro-management is needed. Spells for example who do (Druid): "Dancing Bolts" and "Sunbeam"... may it be cause they basically have an AoE effect even if you use them on a target it doesn't stick to that target???

* Though not a major issue, Wound Binding told me I would heal 104HP over 8.6sec (base 9.0) though it healed 109/110HP instead. Perhaps it's modifying the description value to match the new duration, but the actual spell effect is not affected by intelligence?

* Somewhat different but not much Field Triage on Kana mentioned +47.2HP (over 12.6 sec rather than base 9sec), but used on my Main PC it restored 56/57HP instead (Tooltip overlay when under effect said a third different value: +40).

* Reliving Grieving Mother's second vision (about the Hollowborn) she will end with wanting the PC to tell her about them. But there's no such option available for the player.

* Crystal Formation in Od Nua lvl 9 is called "Potions"

* Can get Tâ Ondra Tara, Spider Venom Sac and Velune reward from Kana twice; once by telling you Issyt, then later on mentioning you had to kill it.

* Several companions want to talk to you after the Act II resolution, but AFAIK only Edér gets a dialogue icon ontop of him. Though also Hiravias, Kana and Aloth have something to mention on it (Perragrin still waiting till she returns from her long advanture to check...).

Suggestions:

* Add an additional counter for 'Exceptional Defense' to ignore records of heavily fatigued members. I don't know how much it triggered for me simply when Hiravias has like a -50 penalty due to it :/ (but I think it's too useful to unselect).

• Like 1

^

Another small list for now... the end is drawing near! No, PoE, don't end :(

Updates:

* Ignore the Definance Bay lines like 'check this out', seems it does re-open so it makes sense. Still probably would be nice RP if during the rioteering it's the talk of the town and all the other stuff would return later...

* ACT III, went from talking to Korgrak at Stronghold to his lair, and he's still there(!)

* Well, seems there *is* a lioness model. So why are all the lionesses lions???

Bugs:

* Tcharek offers you a resting place if you talk to him again after completing his quest. However; this is not an option.

* Endless Path lvl 13: Doors "I am an enemy to Ord Nua." has a blank line after it.

* If you release Ord Nua and then reload a savegame, he's graphically stuck in the Adra again.

* "The Dissapointer" doesn't have the magical blue background, which is because according to the game it seemingly has 0 enchantments.

* Starting to become common; all friendly animals apparently not minding the PC's presence in Elmshore. Also odd to find actual friendly boars seeing how they're hostile at every other location they appear.

* Kana healed me with Field Triage while I had the Sanguine Plate (Retaliation on Melee Attack) and got retalitory damage. This obviously shouldn't happen since 1) not an attack 2) not melee but spell.

* Drinking Horn of moderation doesn't work if regaining over 50% endurance (or atleast it's icon doesn't appear next to the portrait).

* Can't use searhglass icon near mapchange on the Celestial Sapling map.

* Psychic protectors; Getting turned down at one area-change in the first Twin Elms map (I'm horrible with names :/) using another will make the guards talk to you like they've seen and warned you before.

** Slightly related unlocking the other maps with the most northwestern exit will yield the text "the guard scowls and looks at his companion" even though that protector is alone.

* Klorn Talisen's soulread can use a blank space, wall of text now.

* Rêghar Konnek (axe) icon is too big for it's slot.

* If you tell Onwen about the birdeating quest Kana will intervene and they will reply to each other. Going down the convoline the second time skips Kana's original line, but Onwen still responds on it.

* Killing Simoc Lliras will spawn and give you a nod, even if you never met the man. Also if you try to get out with the baby afterwards, he will ambush you and talk about his father like he didn't knew he was already dead, even with him being there and all.

* Archdruid Rehstin: "I am the archrdruid of the Ethik Nôl. [...]"

* In the Blood thingie (still bad with names) a floating, invisible unnamed entry is near the Fire Sacrifice Chamber.

* Dialogues that don't display the talk balloon; Hiravias after talking to the 2 "tree ladies" and Kana after talking to Od Nua.

Suggestions/Quirks:

* Make it more clear how long certain boons last. I know the sex-one does 2 rests, and the Stronghold's 3 rests (making it better than I initially thought), it would be nice if hovering over them gave this information.

* Why would I hire the Dunryd Psion? High hiring cost, high upkeep, and for it's great prestige (not) it has a -2 penalty. About 5 other hirilings offer just 2 presige with no penalties for the normal sum... so, what?

• Like 1

^

So very close to the endgame. Probably second-to-last bug report. Or last if I can't find anything else after the spoilery event... So sad to already be there though :/

But it where a great 84 hours, and more to still have!

Update:

* Construction 19h left, travel from Raedric Hold to Caed Nua (1 day, 4 hours) upon arrival 6 hours are still left.

* Pet got "Injured" during Archdruid Rehstin fight, still no clue why, couldn't find it in log :/

Bugs:

* Infinite XP exploit in Teir Evron (300xp per area load-in. Locations are also discovered upon loading a savegame, but grants 0XP in that case). Also auto-pause on entry without there being opponents.

2015_04_10_00001.jpg

2015_04_10_00003.jpg

* Soldier upon leaving Teir Evron; "Did you think you wouldn't be recognized here," line is shorter than the dialogue line written onscreen (no other dialogue line ever does this).

* Had Hiravias cast World's Maw, and Grieving Mother Ringleader. Ringleader got cast first and all enemies became friendly, then World's Maw hit and together with the opponents my team was affected and knocked down...

* Guard (at stairs) still says 'The cold from Noonfrost is spreading... how long, I wonder?' even after you've closed the portal.

* Northweald; All animals ignore the PC and many additional friendly boar. Are the hostile boar earlier in the game the bug???

* Much like others reported, after killing Lord Raedric VII (+extraordiany rep) returning to the floor level gave me a major reputation loss with Gilded Vale.

* Crier says Lumdala and cohorst "stand accused" for their crimes. But I've killed them at the confrontation, so that doesn't make much sense.

* Typo in Tobi soulread: "telling the elf he needs to rethink he numbers." > the

* Typo in Orimanth Hassan mindread: "The first man see what is about to happen and calls out a warning," > sees

* Found some Velune, and it's not the same Kana (Eternal Paths) gives the player, which are broken items!

2015_04_10_00039.jpg

* There are 2 Justiciar's spawned into each other infront of their keep during ACT III

2015_04_10_00040.jpg

* You can talk with the Records Keeper over and over about Edér. It even spawns another standholder.

* If the standholder spawns, the bounty enemies do not, had to leave and re-enter to find have them spawn.

* True stuff not to be said in Defiance Bay in ACT III: "nothing unusual is going on at the sanitarium", "We're very lucky to have Dunryd Row based in Brackenbury" and " The sooner Lord Raymont commits his crazy daughter to the sanitorium, the better"

* Banter about Serel leaving (to Brackenbury) from the Brothel Patrons spawns a dialogue box rather than floating text.

* The Golden Grove can point you towards Erona without having the quest, and thus not spawning at the location being directed to.

* Thaos plot and Berath quest completion merge incorrectly in the Biography.

* Twin Elms anamenfath and Pellegina's quest resolution entries merge incorrectly in the Biography.

* Convincing Delem not to eat the birds removes only the Cloudsinger Songbird from your inventory, the other 2 remain.

* Had an issue where some of my summons didn't de-spawn and infact moved along with me, got knocked out instead of dismissed during combat (preventing me from using other figurines, but having a distinct boost at the start). Fixed itself after the next battle, albeit maybe due to summoning another drake.

Screenshots below, savegame and output log also listed below:

2015_04_11_00010.jpg

2015_04_11_00016.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ln7vheebmwlqgki/Perm%20Summon%20Bug.rar?dl=0

Quirks/Suggestions:

* A few KS backers appear as ghost in Defiance Bay, but only in ACT III. Why are they not there from the start? Seems it makes them very likely to be missed by players.

• Like 1

^

Awesome work, HH 

Thanks. Now the question is, was it worth doing or just wasting time here and no-one from OE will see it, which I fear if individual threads based on one post here get OE employees 'adding it to the list'... don't want to make 250 threads either. :/

The nagging of doubt...

Anyways, game has been completed, so here are the final observations from my very first runthrough of Pillars of Eternity, clocking a good 90 hours. Not bad, not bad at all.

Obviously I really like the game :). Now the waiting for the expansion starts...

Bugs, Quirks and Suggestions:

* Azzuro the trader arriving and leaving before arriving at destination.

* Fang Hunters near white stag (resolution Saragi questline) leave their Wolf Companions behind when walking away.

* Can't use looking glass leftbottom statue at the 'pit' in Burial Isle.

* Talk icon doesn't appear on Kana after Iovana dialogue (nor arriving at the bottom of the pit, which is another convo)

* Lots of VO at the endgame, a lot voiced. Making the one companion line that isn't stand out, and I doubt that's intended in these cases. Cases are;

** Iovara - Hiravias' "If NEITHER knew the way? [...]"

** Thaos - Kana's "I know better. The engwithians weren't an infallible race. [...]"

* Picking up camping supplies at the corpse of Sun in Shadow will wield 'gained an item: 0x Camping Supplies', unable to actually be gained as the corpse has crumbled.

* Some odd itemnization on corpses at the end... 2x Ring of Unshackling. Don't think I've seen a stacked ring anywhere else in the game (not that that's not a good idea ;))

* After finding Od Nua Kana will infinitely repeat his conversation about him upon speaking with Kana, until you select option 7 (Let's talk about something else)

2015_04_14_00002.jpg

My own personal opinion:

* Rolling the credits, I find the first song playing much more fitting for Main Menu music than the current track. Maybe just me though. Not to mention that song isn't played anywhere ingame as far as I recall, but the Eora Theme is on many maps.

EDIT:

The more I listen to Road to Eternity on the soundtrack the more I think it should have been the main menu song... it's just... MADE for it. Why is it there instead?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

And we're back with the expansion, being a good old 6 months away from the game didn't do my gameplay much good, or it's just the new area pummeling me. Which of course I had to visit the forums for to know I was supposed to visit it after the Marshes rather than at the start despite the conversation with the caretaker of Caed Nua making it out to be. Also AI annoyances (thank you news for only appearing at second startup rather than first), and CAN I TURN OFF THOSE DAMN ICONS ABOVE HEADS?

Hopefully most if not all bugs above have been fixed even if in the short duration of time (1- hour) I can already confirm the startup movie CTD and "trap pause" triggering from spell effects are still present in the game.

So here's my short first impression with getting roflstompe... playing the expansion. Next time I boot it I'll make sure to go to the Marshes proper and hopefully make this thread much longer. Or hopefully not, but well... we'll see what happens.

Also did I imagine adding mapnotes 6 months ago or did really get removed?

Sorry for the not so helpful or detailed "how to reproduce"... just basically still messing about relearning the game and enjoying new content:

* Several enemies after dying leave behind a black swirly animation on the ground.
* Mind Plague and Spider (Eder figurine/need to look ingame name) ability were showing "already activated" even if not, preventing use.
* Mercenary Sergeant fled and then got into a battle with Algul, polluting the log. Upon saving and reloading he returned from his new position to his original starting point (using a very loud VO 5 times) to be butchered by my party.
* Edér after going dying (no HP or endurance) kept his icon in the bar (hovering over it did nothing) still appeared standing up on the screen. After that, combat 'ended' and my other characters got revived (party was fully down), they didn't last long though.
* "red effect" over teammates is dislocated, starting about 90% from top for Durance and Kana (slot 3 and 5) and 80% for Hiavatas (slot 4), going visibly under the game screen if they're knocked out.

^

So, went to Stalward instead of deciding to keep getting slaughtered and are just about to leave the city again to venture forth... a good moment to dump my list of observations, quirks and bugs of this new area, not? Shouldn't be that spoilery considering there's not much to do but start up stuff...

* There appears to be a bogus '0' in the right-bottom of my Barbarian main character. It wasn't there with the old game (only played with release and patch #1) as old screenshots confirm and appears to have no functionality what-so-ever.
* Sometimes it seems you cannot hover over contents of a chest, had one in the camp, again with the Fennlan Liquor container in Stalwart, exiting container and reopening still the same effect.
* The offset "red" effect over portraits may have to do with low health. Seems to start at their "grey point" that's over portraits if HP limits stamina but still overflows outside the portrait after taking more damage/getting knocked out.
* Commander Baelorian: "Our employer wants it found, and delivering it's going to see us paid enough coin..." Pretty sure it's is not proper in this context and it should be it is.
* Upon entering the White Marches with my drained team, leveling up content... my party is fully healed. Not sure this is the intention since the last thing a harsh journey would do is restore all your serious injuries.
* Upon loading a savegame after saving Stalward, during the loading screen "... is fallen, back to the Matron now" is repeated.
* The Gref's Rest "barred door" location point is offset from the actual door into the wooden piles to the left of the door.
* It appears the Drake spawn doesn't properly move for it's flame or knockout effect? I tried using it on a far-off foe but he just started burning inside a dense group including my party. Don't recall this being the case last I played.
* Villager at burned house; "And the guard what went in to fetch her's surrounded by flames!" - that went, not what went. Also pretty sure another is (her is) rather than her's. First definitely sure it's wrong though :).
* "A Lovely Drop" claims Reyfald is the clerk at the fishery. This is obviously false.
* Intro conversation with Thyrsc claims he's staring in the fire, but he's facing with his back to it towards the player, probably should be turned like Ulric.
* Tealdor: "I thought you might could pick up a thermal pearl for me." - Incorrect English. Might OR could, not both ;)
* During the conversation with Renengild about Durgan Steel Kana interrupts talking about Battery Steel. Might be a different name for the same (been 6 months since I played PoE), seems like a bug to me now though, since no-one else mentions anything but Durgan Steel.
* After Renengild's "But the place has a full... cracking of the fire." there are too many enters before the player options appear.
* Entering the Gref's Rest the Bard cannot be interacted with claiming 'This character is busy'. Walking around he eventually opened up, but on a second entry of the map he seems to relock with no way to get him 'unlocked' again. Might be he's supposed to give a chant to the player upon entering that fails?
* At the Gref's Rest cellar you can loot the chest without penalty, even if it's marked 'stealing' it isn't counted as such.
* Dice game - evenly tied with towers - instead of going to a new role the game just ends and I need to repay 50c (see screenshot).

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/432697860707785489/6E039E64D3AD0EF59FA4F750B33CD460CEF48F94/
* The Fisherman's Penance starts when you talk to Grynde... but... it's not much of a task saying you met the guy, and that's it. Probably not supposed to already start at this point?
* Effort was taking to change NPC's in the fishery at night. Hats off... but outdoors everyone's still fishing like normal in the middle of the night.

Suggestions/requests:
* Can we hide the auto-saves when saving. I need to scroll if I want to see more than one of my own made saves!
* As probably stated before, give icons of "per encounter" levels on Priests/Druids/Wizards a different color than the per encounter.

^

1 area down, 2(?) to go.

* Zahua runs... strange. Like he's using a speed up walking animation rather than running like the rest of my crew. He does have Boots of Speed though, do these make him walk so weird?
* In regards to previous report it seems Hiravias is already grey even when there's no lead to it? (see screenshot)
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/432697860710861816/172AD19D091B996624B2B268ED76B21EF7A51007/
* First vision of Garodh you can loop each section. Probably best just to give the one next line, since there are no options? ("I had the vision when I picked..." "Maybe if you knew who you..." "I'll track down the other parts...")
* I think the spider summons Purge of Toxins never works? It's always 'already activated'
* Summon figures still use the old spell cast icon rather than cast/walk of 2.0
* Lake in the Flames-That-Whisper Lower Cavern unlock too early from the cave besides it, even though you need to fully walk around to get there and can't see it at all.
* It appears lockpick drops are still set for the old system (as they drop in large quantities)
* Vamrel trigger triggered twice(?). See screenshot:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/432697860710888352/55CC39125C2DEC5C783BBFDF3704B1E706DCEDBD/
* Fought wolves in cave, winterbreath of one wolf killed one of the wounded hunters. Surviving one still says "I though we were done for" even being all alone now.
* Uldric still has 'you said I should make peace with Matron Beregan' option even if you *made* peace, where the dialogue no longer makes sense. Also Renengild doesn't acknowledge at all that you've made a peacetreaty with the Matron?

^

Wouldn't it be multiple guards then rather than just the one. If it's multiple guards yes I would say it's correct, but as it isn't I still think it's wrong in this instance.

^

I don't recall it turning the portrait grey last time around (and he was fatigued a lot during the main game)... not to mention even if grey the red overlay being displaced should still not happen either.

(or was endurance penalty added in a patch?)

^

Wouldn't it be multiple guards then rather than just the one. If it's multiple guards yes I would say it's correct, but as it isn't I still think it's wrong in this instance.

Yes, it is grammatically wrong, very much so; but it's a common usage among many (particularly uneducated) Americans, enough so to show up in a lot of accent-teaching books, and is particularly associated with rural communities. It is most especially common in fiction to denote isolated, uneducated, rural accents.

"That's the man what shot my Pa." etc.

I don't recall it turning the portrait grey last time around (and he was fatigued a lot during the main game)... not to mention even if grey the red overlay being displaced should still not happen either.

(or was endurance penalty added in a patch?)

The grey fill signifying the penalty was there before - not sure if from the start then it most certainly was present in 1.06 at the very least, because I remeber noticing it several times.

As for the red fill I'd say the fact its start point is beyond the grey fill is consistent: grey fill is the part of endurance the character doesn't have at the moment, red fill is damage recieved so it should show only on endurance the character still has. Didn't notice red fill going beyond the frame as you mention in one of the earlier posts.

The grey fill signifying the penalty was there before - not sure if from the start then it most certainly was present in 1.06 at the very least, because I remeber noticing it several times.

As for the red fill I'd say the fact its start point is beyond the grey fill is consistent: grey fill is the part of endurance the character doesn't have at the moment, red fill is damage recieved so it should show only on endurance the character still has. Didn't notice red fill going beyond the frame as you mention in one of the earlier posts.

In the release version I played they grey "penalty" indicator was only being a factor due to a cap on Endurance where it couldn't go higher than your current HP. Never seen it before as part of Fatigue, and I dragged my team on with heavy fatigue pretty much all the time.

Indeed, if such it would be correct, except the red part doesn't seem to be shortened by the grey, and as thus it can happen a full red/grey filled character is still standing since his actual 0 Endurance is underneath the screen.

^