So... Was it worth your pledge?

ROI  

368 members have voted

1. 1. Was the delivered game worth your pledge?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Yes and no, I'm on the fence.

Yes and no. Only backed to get the base game so I didn't risk another 100$ on something that had all the potential to flop harder than a pancake on a trampoline.

Game uses an arbitrary resting system with charges - I don't like it and I've bypassed it. But it's still going to annoy me having to memory hack the game every time I play it just to be able to rest whever the heck I please.

(It's like an Amnish guard is stalking me...)

Much too early to say and my pledge was fairly high, but having played this for two hours yesterday and looked at the PDFs, heard the mp3s etc I really think that the satisfaction of having pledged for this game will repay the patience and investment. The game makes, for me, the best start of any Obsidian game: my fear was actually that it would seem dry or leaden-paced but I can definitely foresee sinking the hours in.

Thread was pruned of obvious inappropriate posts.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Stand away, citizen. :bat:

You won't take me alive pig!  :disguise:

This is an unsanctioned use of magical energy. All involved will be held--this disturbance is *over*.

Ooooh, I love those guys. I love to stack them in a huge pile once I get back from the Underdark. That's the reason I never buy a permit.

Nothing gold can stay.

I've never tried to go without a permit. The idea of never casting a spell the entire time I'm in Athkatla, with the slavers between zones and just all the **** that goes down...or even worse, dealing with the Cowled Wizards over and over again...hell no. :p

Kind of maybe.

Real happy to see the game released and to be part of the bunch that made it possible.

But I'm not in any hurry to start playing.

Two things that bugged the hell out of me in NWN2, enough to make combat a chore, not something I get a kick out of.

- Lacking combat animations, where actions apparently happen, but the animation doesn't show it.

- Poor party AI, it was terribly bad, maybe the most complained bit about NWN2, but almost never terrible enough to enable puppet mode.

Both features making a triumphant comeback in PoE.

So I don't expect to enjoy the combat bits. In a combat heavy game.

I'll play it through at some point for the story, on easy. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

But not in the next few months, patch it up good for me first.

• Like 1

I have contributed nothing.

But yes.

This was wroth Osvir's pledge.

:lol:

Actually you contributed your thoughts and opinions and hours and hours of time doing so - cash is over rated - we each give what we can!  :thumbsup:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

It is hard to say before I get those physical rewards, if it was just Kickstarter euphoria or did I actually pledged something worthwhile

Game itself is beyond my expectations, but as I would had gotten it with 20 dollar pledge, it is hard to say if rest $338 were actually worth of it, although digital additions seem mostly be quality stuff, so those at least have some worth in them.

But as I have accounted all the money that I put in Kickstarters as lost and it has now been over two years from that date when I lost that money, so it don't really have any value for me anymore, which make everything product that I like feel like worthwhile investment in my head, which is probably only thing that should matter at the end.

• Like 1

It is hard to say before I get those physical rewards, if it was just Kickstarter euphoria or did I actually pledged something worthwhile

Game itself is beyond my expectations, but as I would had gotten it with 20 dollar pledge, it is hard to say if rest $338 were actually worth of it, although digital additions seem mostly be quality stuff, so those at least have some worth in them.

But as I have accounted all the money that I put in Kickstarters as lost and it has now been over two years from that date when I lost that money, so it don't really have any value for me anymore, which make everything product that I like feel like worthwhile investment in my head, which is probably only thing that should matter at the end.

Yes, I cant hide that it is some of the physical items that made me put up aprox 600 dollar into the kickstarter. Like a signed collectors edition box! But certain other tiers too made it attractive to me, like a home, a castle and 2 large cities. And the mega 15 floor dungeons....dang, I cant wait to set my foot (and get lost) in it :D

You could have gotten it with a lower pledge, sure, but that doesn't mean the higher cost can't be worth it to you for just the game, does it?  Way I see it, when I consider the amount of enjoyment I've gotten out of BG2 over the years, $300-odd isn't that unreasonable to me as something to pay for a similar experience in the long term, you know? 

And this is feeling like it'll have a lot of replayability for me, so I'm pretty happy with my pledge, yeah.

Even if I never play the game I would still have pledged to support Obsidian. aiee.gif

Ditto.

I might not have pledges as much if I hadn't planned to play the game, but I love what Obsidian does and would have been willing to pledge even if the game didn't appeal to me necessarily.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Made a $20 pledge, got one of the best CRPGs I've played? Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty damn happy with that. :D

I mean, maybe it'll all go to hell later (and man the on-off voice-acting is weird), but right now, we're looking at top 10 CRPGs ever material for me, and I've been playing CRPGs since 1988, so, that's a lot of CRPGs.

It's not worth thinking about "What if i'd paid more", because when you're paying for more than "just the game", you're always basically paying to further support the development of the game, not to actually get things, and you have to acknowledge that. Given you helped create something which is already regarded as a classic, you should probably be pretty pleased with yourself. I'm too poor to engage in that, sadly, but I am very happy I backed Eternity.

• Like 2

Made a $20 pledge, got one of the best CRPGs I've played? Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty damn happy with that. :D

I mean, maybe it'll all go to hell later (and man the on-off voice-acting is weird), but right now, we're looking at top 10 CRPGs ever material for me, and I've been playing CRPGs since 1988, so, that's a lot of CRPGs.

It's not worth thinking about "What if i'd paid more", because when you're paying for more than "just the game", you're always basically paying to further support the development of the game, not to actually get things, and you have to acknowledge that. Given you helped create something which is already regarded as a classic, you should probably be pretty pleased with yourself. I'm too poor to engage in that, sadly, but I am very happy I backed Eternity.

And thats whats this is all about, isnt it? Supporting and backing the game. Without our backing there would most likely not been a PoE  game, and 20 dollar is a decent contribution.