So... Was it worth your pledge?

ROI  

368 members have voted

1. 1. Was the delivered game worth your pledge?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Yes and no, I'm on the fence.

My thoughts: Well done Obsidian, well done...

This is my second delivered game I pledged for. The first one did get released, but it was not as good as I hoped. It wasn't terrible, just not great. PoE however, is great IMO.

Edited by Luridis

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

I think so. I think I got a good value for my first kickstarter.

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,

Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,

Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie,

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Yes, the game so far is really great! Very well done by Obsidian, they have more then delivered here.

Encountered a few small annoying bugs but nothing that in any major way impacts my enjoyment of the game.

• Like 1

"How was I supposed to know it was that stone that held the dragons at bay... I mean it just stood there looking dull anyway"

The box has yet to arrive, so not yet.  Perhaps once I get to play ...

If you backed it you have a digital key (for steam or gog) on the Obsidian website, if it's because your internet connection is too slow to download 6Gb then hopefully it's not too far off.

I thought you also got a download key with the physical copy?

If you ordered a tier with a physical copy and a digital one (i.e. two copies), so that two folks could play, you didn't get a second digital copy so that the person planning to use the discs could play during the interval between release and the delayed arrival of the box.

• Like 1

I originally had pledged the late backer thing through this site as I missed the kickstarter, but a few weeks ago I emailed obsidian about wanting to upgrade to the royal edition and they allowed me to upgrade my pledge to a total of $80 which also got me the kickstarter badge, royal edition, and hero edition keys.

I am enjoying it. I lost several hours without realizing it, which bodes well for my enjoyment, but not well for other aspects in my life. I enjoyed it enough to buy a copy for a friend, so Obsidian got my money twice. Lol. It's a beautiful game and as a DM and PnP gamer, the RPG system they threw together is awfully similar to one I was building on the side the past two years in a number of ways. It's both inspiring in its differences and shocking in its similarities to what I had started. Very interesting to see that. 

Honestly, no. I'm incredibly impressed by almost every aspect of the game- except I've run into so many bugs, from the minor and irritating (like sounds play on endless loop) to the game-breaking (crashes, disappearing items, cutscenes not playing) that I basically gave up. I'll come back to it in a few weeks/months when things are fixed.

I thought it was worth the pledge a while ago. I pledged because I wanted to see this kind of game made again. Once I saw enough to know they were making what they said they were and were going to make it to release, then the whole reason I pledged was met. I didn't even need all these nice rewards.

• Like 1

This is the third kickstarter I backed that delivered.  The other two titles were Shadowrun Returns and Wasteland 2.  I also back Tides of Numenera, Star citizen, and  Shadowrun: Hong Kong and still waiting for them to finish.  I have yet to be disappointed with any of my kickstarter pledges.  From the 5 hours I put into Pillars of Eternity I can say this is by far the best  kickstarter yet. I  loved both SRR and Wasteland 2, but SSR and dragonfall  were really fun games both were shorter in length than I normally prefer. Wasteland 2 was really buggy on release and I waited until patch 5 before I actually played it. I was going to wait a couple of months before I started playing POE but the overwhelming positive reviews convinced me I didn't need to wait for any patch fixes and could play the game immediately. This game has far exceeded my expectations.  I have played and enjoyed most of Obsidian's games this is by far their best game to date, in my opinion.

Edited by CynicalP