I bought the extra digital strategy guide online and can't seem to access it. Its under my products and every time I click on it it opens it in a window, but won't actually load more than like just the title page.

Is there a way to download it onto my computer for easier access or what? PLS HALP

Are you giving it enough time to download? It's like 250MB+. Make sure your adobe reader is up to date, or the browser plugin if you're trying to "open" instead of "download". Barring that, I'd try another browser.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

I'm struggling to download the Prima Strategy Guide pdf too, from the Obsidian 'Products' tab thingy.
I've tried several times and it keeps locking up at around 75%

This is with super fresh Adobe updated and cable internets.

Any ideas?

Is this the steam one? Because I can't for love nor money figure out where the steam guide is supposed to be located. Am I supposed to download it from here? I wouldn't have thought so, but what do I know?

If you have I think royal edition, than your guide will be in your steam directory.

If you pledged separately for strategy guide, than you go to the backer portal, products and just download it.

I'm struggling to download the Prima Strategy Guide pdf too, from the Obsidian 'Products' tab thingy.

I've tried several times and it keeps locking up at around 75%

This is with super fresh Adobe updated and cable internets.

Any ideas?

I just wanted to check it for you and I downloaded the file without problem... I did right click green button and select save as... I hope you will make it :)

• Like 1

Thanks for checking!

I tried it with IE (*shudder) and it finally worked! Now for some serious reading :D

Good :)

I still wait for my hardcopy. But I will not read it. It is just for my collection of PoE things :) 

• Like 1

Is this the steam one? Because I can't for love nor money figure out where the steam guide is supposed to be located. Am I supposed to download it from here? I wouldn't have thought so, but what do I know?

If you have I think royal edition, than your guide will be in your steam directory.

If you pledged separately for strategy guide, than you go to the backer portal, products and just download it.

I

I got the whole thing, that is, the "most DLC" edition (which I think was the Royal edition, but may have been the Champion edition, or possibly an edition named after some element currently unknown to man), off Steam. When I look in ...\steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\Docs\ the only thing I have is the Manual. Steam insists that the guide has been installed, and that is where I would have expected to find it, but the only things in their are:

pe-game-manual.pdf

readme.txt

OFL,txt

SteamworksNET.txt

So I must be looking in the wrong place, right?

I

I got the whole thing, that is, the "most DLC" edition (which I think was the Royal edition, but may have been the Champion edition, or possibly an edition named after some element currently unknown to man), off Steam. When I look in ...\steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\Docs\ the only thing I have is the Manual. Steam insists that the guide has been installed, and that is where I would have expected to find it, but the only things in their are:

pe-game-manual.pdf

readme.txt

OFL,txt

SteamworksNET.txt

So I must be looking in the wrong place, right?

Try verifying the integrity of game cache through Steam. None of the extras were appearing for me either. When I verified the integrity, it found a bunch of files it needed to re-download. All of the extras (except the Novella and Documentary) showed up for me.

The ...\Pillars of Eternity\Docs\ folder contains only the manual. I have the collector's book and strategy guide in their own ...\Pillars of Eternity\CollectorsBook\ and ...\Pillars of Eternity\StrategyGuide\ folders.

I bought a prima guidebook thingy from there website and they don't give you the option to download or print it off, just have to look at it from there site lol.

I bought a prima guidebook thingy from there website and they don't give you the option to download or print it off, just have to look at it from there site lol.

Right click on the PDF button and select "Save As" and choose where to save it as *BAM* downloaded.

The ...\Pillars of Eternity\Docs\ folder contains only the manual. I have the collector's book and strategy guide in their own ...\Pillars of Eternity\CollectorsBook\ and ...\Pillars of Eternity\StrategyGuide\ folders.

For some reason I don't have those.

It turns out I'm both a backer (I'd genuinely forgotten) and I have the Royal edition, and this is getting astoundingly frustrating. I also can't seem to link accounts, so there is that, too...

i buy the royal edition on steam and i dont have any extras in my folder noth the guide not the soundtrack  nothing

Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/gluurak

My Pillars of Eternity Let's Play playlist: http://bit.ly/2tlcVR5

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/GlurakLP

My Suikoden German Translation Project: http://www.snes-projects.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3131