Ranger companion disappeared

dune155

Question

This has happened to me too :( All of my savegames have been effected and no amount of restarting is fixing it. I sure hope this is fixed next week.

EDIT: So according to this 

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/30lzd8/game_breaking_bug_ranger_companions/

It happened to the OP right by the sacrificial pit in the endless paths.  That's LITERALLY the exact same spot where my game got broken from the same bug. Hopefully the devs see this cos that's beyond coincidence. 

Edited by themoob

I would recommend everyone staying away from the dungeons in Caed Nua / Stronghold. You can finish the main quests, but it seems that if you go deep enough into the dungeons after, it'll trigger this issue no matter what.

I ended up leaving the area after finishing the main quest there and traveling south to the main city in Defiance Bay. I'll tool around there for now till they fix this damn bug. I have 3 people in my party with companion animals so it makes it unplayable when the bug occurs.

Same here. All my recent saves have the companion bug (quicksave and autosave included) because i tried to travel to see if it fixed the issue...

This kind of bug should never be present after QA's work. Anything else can be broken, but corrupting save files is really #1 in the list of "major blocking issues".

For those who want to keep playing and aren't worried about achievements, you can work around this issue by using the command console.

press  the tilde key (~) then press Enter to open the console. Type irolls20s and press enter to activate cheat/debug mode. Then open the console again, type ManageParty and press enter.

This cheat will let you manage your party anywhere as if you were in the stronghold. You can move the ranger character out of your party and continue as normal.

I also ran into this bug, but before I knew about the console. What I did was strip my ranger down and send her to her death. Same result, but I had to hire a new adventurer.

Going to do the ME TOO post in hopes of it getting more attention.

I am a ranger lvl 2 with a bear pet.  walked into the bear cave with my bear and died quickly to the bear and reloaded from autosave from entering the cave.  no pet, white circle.  completely exited game and reloaded autosave and same issue.  This is at the starting of the game so pretty easy to restart.

Happened to me as soon as I entered the Goose and whatever in Defiance Bay (the first Inn you come across once you enter), lost 30 minutes worth of gameplay. Gonna reroll and play a different class and not take a Ranger with me at all until this is fixed, don't want to have to worry about it happening again.

In Raedric's Hold and my Wolf is a white circle and now I can't zone out because it says my party must all be present.  This is rather upsetting and I hope it gets fixed because my prior saves aren't working either.  Very frustrating. 

I'm having the same issue. 

Raedric's hold, kitchen level. Went upstairs from the sewers while sneaking, pet is now a blank circle and loading the game shows the party management screen -- with pet listed as a blank box NameError.

Tried exiting/reloading - no use. Had the same issue in the endless paths lvl 1, but an exit/reload worked there. No older saves, this effectively means this issue has to be fixed before I can continue - and preferably for existing save games too.

I am having the same issue on Paths of Od Nua - Level 5.  My wolf companion disappeared and the only saves I have are all with the missing companion.  So, I guess I can no longer play the game unless a patch fixes the problem?  There is no way I am starting over..

I have tried shutting down and reloading multiple times.  

Devs, any suggestions? 

Same here, level 7 of the endless dungeon and can't move anymore. Interestingly, it happened at the stairs to the next level, so I can go one level down and up again (7-8, 8-7), but I can't leave the dungeon for good anymore.

This should be fixed asap and the savesgames better be repairable! :)

Going to do the ME TOO post in hopes of it getting more attention.

I am a ranger lvl 2 with a bear pet.  walked into the bear cave with my bear and died quickly to the bear and reloaded from autosave from entering the cave.  no pet, white circle.  completely exited game and reloaded autosave and same issue.  This is at the starting of the game so pretty easy to restart.

Exactly the same what happened to me. Savegames now unplayable.

Guest Keydet96

Had it happen to me after about 48 hours into the game (got a lot of free time when you're on disability for a chronic illness). For me it happened in Clîabin Rilag. My main character, not an NPC party member, wolf pet. I'm not certain if the bug corrupts saved games or not. At first I just tried reloading from in-game, which didn't work even with trying different saved games. Decided to check the forums, found this (and other threads), exited the game, restarted it, and -just to see if it had broken my saved games- I tried one that had just failed during my prior attempt to reload in-game. It loaded normally and seems to have fixed the issue. Lost about 20 minutes of play time from the point when it happened, and have to clear the first level of the dungeon over again, but my pet isn't lost any more. I also noticed that the green circle that shows the pet's destination when moving turned black while the bug was occurring. It's hard to see, but it was definitely black.

Not sure if it's related or not, but I also encountered a bug with those skeletons that Kana can summon after chanting for a while. At one point, one of the skeletons started acting like a normally working ranger's companion. It revived after several fights and followed me through a few map changes and never got "unsummoned". Finally got rid of it after swapping out party members at the stronghold.

I don't know whether i'm shocked or just disappointed by bugs in all these games today... and this one was known in beta prior to full release? wtf? come on, this is just shameful. Put this thing back in the oven.

Edited by McPartyson

I just had the same issue. I saved while I had the bug, but I was still able to reload and have the pet back. Some infos :

Happened right after/before the blood pit on the endless path level 1. Double clicking on the pet still worked, and my camera moved to the room before, near the sw wall.

I had a minor bug with the blood pit "cutscene" triggering twice (the second time I just had the camera that started moved toward the pit for a second or so, before the game went back as normal). No idea if it's related or not.

I clicked on the blood pit, and tried the "jump down" for fun (saved right before), then load back. I don't know if I did it after or before loosing the pet, so it might be related, or not.

Now, I don't know if it will works for everyone. To "restore" my save, I used alt-f4 for a fast quit of the game, then load an earlier auto save. Pet was back. However, my quicksave made after he left was still bugged (and broke all my save thereafter, I had to alt-f4 again, and reload the autosave).

This just happened to me in the Sanatorium. My main player Ranger lost his antelope pet. It's a white circle now and I can't leave the area. All saves are like this, and restarting the client doesn't help. Just lost my fully completed stronghold...