How would one go about building a gish char in Pillars of Eternity. Wizards have poor accuracy and deflection and all the buffs seem short duration, also there is no pre buffing.

Ciphers seem kinda gishy, but they have really low endurance and no way to buff their defences.

Any advice? Which class to take, which attributes?

Sometimes enemies just switch targets.

That's actually nice to know. I believe they did not in the beta.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Sometimes enemies just switch targets.

That's actually nice to know. I believe they did not in the beta.

Well, sometimes it is nice.  At other points, it is simply mind-boggling-  I just had Raedric and his two paladins run right past Eder (and then the entire rest of the party) at the start of combat and around two corners to attack my main character (who they couldn't even see at the time).

Edited by Voss

Curious about this myself. I just started up a Death Godlike Wizard with a split focus of Might, Dex, and Int, and just dropped Resolve to the floor at 3 to do it. Probably not the best build, but I am running into an issue. I just put simply, hit anything. Without an accuracy boost from attributes like everything else gets, Wizards just can't do the job unless they are buffed to obscene levels it looks like.