What are they, and where can I find them in-game?

Further, how does infact armor action-delay interact with weapon-speed? It's rather hard to gauge, but so far it seems to me that a piece of cloth with no delay-penalty gives a longer action-delay on a war-bow than on a hunter-bow. 

Further, how does infact armor action-delay interact with weapon-speed? It's rather hard to gauge, but so far it seems to me that a piece of cloth with no delay-penalty gives a longer action-delay on a war-bow than on a hunter-bow. 

If you inspect the weapon in your inventory (by right-clicking) you can see the speed of the weapon. Armors give a percentage reduction in recovery speed, so different weapons/actions will have differing amounts of recovery - based on armor types.

• Like 1

How can I find my Attack speed if I don't use weapons? as a Monk I can't find it, as such I don't know if 'Two Weapon Style' talent give me any attack speed.

I'm not sure. I will have to ask Josh about that.

If you inspect the weapon in your inventory (by right-clicking) you can see the speed of the weapon. Armors give a percentage reduction in recovery speed, so different weapons/actions will have differing amounts of recovery - based on armor types.

Do I need to activate some setting to see weapon speed, because in my game it only say Speed: Average..?

And while on the topic of weapon-inspection, what is the interrupt-value a representation of?

And, would you say the armors percentage reuction prolongs the time between action (cooldown), the action itself or both? And is it a percentage of the actual time of said action/cooldown or is it the percentage of an obscure number used to derive the time it takes to complete an action or the cooldown?

Fists are considered Two Weapon Style.

Fists are a fast weapon and have an attack animation time of 20 frames or 0.66 seconds followed by a 24 frame recovery - this is in no armor and with 10 dexterity.

Dexterity will increase or decrease both your attack animation and lower or raise your recovery time.

Two Weapon style will lower your base recovery by 20%

Armor will slow you down, as will using a shield with a fist, or a talent that slows your attack speed down etc

Covered under Dexterity in this video

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

Fists are considered Two Weapon Style.

Fists are a fast weapon and have an attack animation time of 20 frames or 0.66 seconds followed by a 24 frame recovery - this is in no armor and with 10 dexterity.

Dexterity will increase or decrease both your attack animation and lower or raise your recovery time.

Two Weapon style will lower your base recovery by 20%

Armor will slow you down, as will using a shield with a fist, or a talent that slows your attack speed down etc

Covered under Dexterity in this video

How about the fists' capability for interruption? Will it increase with the ability "Transcendent Suffering"?

Hi all!

I'd also be interested in numerical values of the weapon speed. For instance, hunting bows specify "average speed", as do war bows. However, the description says that Hunting bows are faster than war bows... It would be nice to have a more precise value here.

This is from someone who just started the game, so i might have missed something of course... in that case, sorry.

Also, on a side note, having just started Pillars of Eternity, it looks, feels and plays incredibly great.

Seconding the requests for more stat information.

So far I think the game is great, but the quality of feedback for the player is - at times - abysmal.
What does "Average" speed mean, and why are there two different weapons which are both "Average" speed, and yet attack at different rates? You could solve this problem by just giving us hard numbers.

If a War Bow takes 50 frames per attack and a Hunting Bow takes 40 frames, then tell us that!! At least then I'll have some definite way to compare them. If you're scared of using words like "frames", then just say Attack Speed: 40, and then on the glossary page for attack speed indicate that ASP 30 = 1 attack per second.

I also have this problem with movement speed. How fast do I move? Is +2 movement speed a huge increase or nothing at all? The only way for me to test this is to get in a fight, cast a movement-altering effect, and then run around while the fight is going on trying to figure out how much faster I am. That's terrible!

Please, Obsidian - I love your game but it's beyond frustrating when I can't figure out what stats actually mean.

• Like 2