Raedric's Hold game crash

TheLauron

Question

So I've been happily (and sneakily)  exploring Raedric's Hold. Was slowly making my way in the Hold's interior when I went up the Siege Platform exit. Due to my ever-loving danger sense, I saved... about thrice.

So when I saw it's safe, looted the place, and returned back inside... the game crashed. Right now I'm stuck and can't re-enter the castle... which makes me a sad regicide :(

If there is any information I need to give, feel free to ask. I'm just hoping i'm not permanently stuck :p

• Like 10

Just wanted to express how disappointed I am at this point. I had put 15 hours into the game when it was released last week, and I ran into this game breaking bug Friday. It's now almost a week later, and there hasn't been any hotfix or patch released to fix this. At this point, I'm honestly over caring about playing. It's beyond me how a game these days is released with a gamebreaking bug like this and not addressed in a timely manner.

It wouldn't be an Obsidian game without horrible bugs, their regular customers would have been disappointed. Technically, it's not "game breaking" though, since the Hold isn't on the critical path.

Edited by Fardragon

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I have the same problem as most of us here.

But i am totally screwed :/ Saved in roderick's keep (and that's my only save).

Any eta on some patch or anything that could help?
I'm a bit desperate here :(

This happened to me on one of  my game's.  It did not happen to me the first time I went through, in other game.  The only major difference (played them both similarly, killing pretty much everything) was that in the second game, that bugged out, I left the area to go back for camping supplies, and came back and that is when the trouble started.  My game goes to black with just the cursor if I enter either the Temple level floor or the Keep Hall.  I can move around the courtyard and dungeon level only.

Edited by HozzM

I'm told that in the pinned FAQ they make mention of releasing a patch this week, so hopefully tomorrow (Friday April 3rd) we will get a fix for this. 

It's frustrating for sure, but once it is patched and people can resume playing the game, then hopefully we will all be too busy in the game to post on forums.

I'm told that in the pinned FAQ they make mention of releasing a patch this week, so hopefully tomorrow (Friday April 3rd) we will get a fix for this. 

It's frustrating for sure, but once it is patched and people can resume playing the game, then hopefully we will all be too busy in the game to post on forums.

I have found this http://poedevtracker.net/ to be informative.  It sounds like they are shooting for tomorrow afternoon for a patch.

Edited by HozzM

Message to developers:  Thank you for working as hard as you do for us.  The pressure you are under must be enormous.  

When you're reading over feedback (which you really shouldn't do), please keep in mind that people are freaking out because the game you made is so *ucking awesome, and they cannot wait to get back into it.   You have developed something truly special.  

I cannot wait to see how you expand on this in the future.

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Now, can we get an ETA on the patch? (jk)

Patchnotes 1.03 https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-179-patch-notes-103/

The crash in Raedric's Hold has been fixed.

The prybar should now display the correct image in the Raedric's Hold moat scripted interaction.

Fixed conversation of the guards in Raedric's Hold to not repeat.

Fixed issues with save games in Raedric's Hold, causing the game to not function correctly or freeze.

This should fix most problems.

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"

I was able to get around this bug by exiting sneak mode. For me, the crashes only occurred when trying to transition from inside the castle to any outside area while in sneak mode. I didn't notice for a while because I'm always in sneak mode when there might be danger nearby, but once I exited sneak mode I was able to leave without crashing.

I was able to get around this bug by exiting sneak mode. For me, the crashes only occurred when trying to transition from inside the castle to any outside area while in sneak mode. I didn't notice for a while because I'm always in sneak mode when there might be danger nearby, but once I exited sneak mode I was able to leave without crashing.

Can someone verify this: Exiting in sneak mode?

Can someone verify this: Exiting in sneak mode?

Does not work for me.  Hang in there.. the patch will be out soon.