Raedric's Hold game crash

TheLauron

Question

So I've been happily (and sneakily)  exploring Raedric's Hold. Was slowly making my way in the Hold's interior when I went up the Siege Platform exit. Due to my ever-loving danger sense, I saved... about thrice.

So when I saw it's safe, looted the place, and returned back inside... the game crashed. Right now I'm stuck and can't re-enter the castle... which makes me a sad regicide :(

If there is any information I need to give, feel free to ask. I'm just hoping i'm not permanently stuck :p

• Like 10

I know that this comment is not in any way helpful, but I'm terribly dissapointed.

Currently the game crashes each time I want to travel to any location. Probably there's problem with saving. In logs I saw plenty of entries that some files are corrupted.

I created separate thread for that. 

Anyways, how did this happen that such a great game  has been released with so many bugs, some are major ones so I just can't believe no-one noticed them!

I bought the game, and I cannot play, because of reasons, because of dozens of bugs...

I don't know if has been already posted, but disabling auto save before area transition solved the bug for me.

You can do it via this little mod which can be found here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/14/?

Hope this can help!

Not before. Autosave in PoE is after transition

Yeah I inverted it! xD

I meant auto save AFTER transition, thanks for the correction :D

Anyway the mod fixes that, and apparently it's working, at least for the GOG.com version users! :D

Meanwhile we wait for a patch :)

I don't know if has been already posted, but disabling auto save before area transition solved the bug for me.

Hope this can help!

Did as instructed on the page, and also backup of the original file.

Worked once, but when chaning area again loading screen appears (not just a black background and crash) but nothing else happens.

Pressing ESC button you can hear the menu poping up in the background but that's it. Have to shut down the game and relaunch.

Tried to create a new save Before entering next area, tried quicksave mode as well. Same issue. :(

Can't enjoy the game as it is...

I know that this comment is not in any way helpful, but I'm terribly dissapointed.

Currently the game crashes each time I want to travel to any location. Probably there's problem with saving. In logs I saw plenty of entries that some files are corrupted.

I created separate thread for that. 

Anyways, how did this happen that such a great game  has been released with so many bugs, some are major ones so I just can't believe no-one noticed them!

I bought the game, and I cannot play, because of reasons, because of dozens of bugs...

Try using the (really) small mod which I linked some post ago and seems to be working (at least for GOG.com users). Maybe it will fix it since it seems to be saving-related.

Hope this can help!

Did as instructed on the page, and also backup of the original file.

Worked once, but when chaning area again loading screen appears (not just a black background and crash) but nothing else happens.

Pressing ESC button you can hear the menu poping up in the background but that's it. Have to shut down the game and relaunch.

Tried to create a new save Before entering next area, tried quicksave mode as well. Same issue. :(

Can't enjoy the game as it is...

Happened to me once too. It looks like playing in fullscreen solved that.

What a buggy mess.

Well it's Obsidian... you come for the story and combat, you stay for the bugs! :D

Jokes apart, I think it's normal for such a big engine having some flaws in the first days of release. I hope everything will get sorted out soon ;)

WARNING: IF YOU DO THIS YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ACHIEVEMENTS

Note: Cheats will be disabled when you load/reload a save.

Temporary Fix:

Open Pillars of Eternity

Hit ~ Key to open console

Type "iroll20s" to enable cheats

The two commands you can copy/paste are:

AreaTransition AR_0707_Raedrics_Hold_Ext North1

AreaTransition AR_0708_Raedrics_Hold_Int_01 North1

The first command gets you outside of the keep.  I suggest doing this first and hard saving.  This will allow you to have a clear file outside.  (My issue was I only had a save two hours prior and the bugged autosave in the Seige area).

The second command is the front door of the keep.  There will be a lot of enemies, but it leads to Raedric which thus allows you to complete the quest.

I sided against Raedric and killed him.  Upon killing him I was able to use the front door, however I am unable to zone into any other area.  Just take the quest complete and boogie.

Agreed ^^ works for me.  TYVM!  Although I didn't have luck with Raedrics lvls.  I ended up porting back to the inn "AreaTransition AR_0714_Backer_Inn_Upper 1"

What a buggy mess.

I hope everything will get sorted out soon ;)

I think this is my disappointment. I get the bugs and yes it's Obsidian and they're kind of known for releasing buggy messes. But when are we getting a patch. Any patch.

Hope this can help!

OH MY GOD YOU ARE THE BEST!

Ok this little file change enabled me to get INTO the room I haven't been able to enter. Now when I try to exit the room it just sits there with the loading screen showing....and showing....and showing. You get the idea.

Hi Team,

Please fix the following areas at Pillars of Eternity:

Raedric's Hold Dungeons

there are two stairs which cause the game to crush. A. to keep kitchen B. to keep study. whenever i tried using these stairs the game crushes. Please have a look..

I can't continue the game. it wasted lots of my time check some work arounds.

Thanks.

Hi Team,

Please fix the following areas at Pillars of Eternity:

Raedric's Hold Dungeons

there are two stairs which cause the game to crush. A. to keep kitchen B. to keep study. whenever i tried using these stairs the game crushes. Please have a look..

I can't continue the game. it wasted lots of my time check some work arounds.

Thanks.

Try the fix I posted some replies ago, it's working for the GoG.com version at least :D

I am really enjoying the game. I am just avoiding the keep to avoid the crashes. The thing that I don't understand is that there hasn't been a single response from them, on this, their forum board. Even to say "We're working on it".

Anything would be better than the deafening silence. Even an automated "We've received your bug report and all the attendant files we asked you to provide thank you very much..."

Maybe they are all still hungover from the launch party...

Hope this can help!

Ok this little file change enabled me to get INTO the room I haven't been able to enter. Now when I try to exit the room it just sits there with the loading screen showing....and showing....and showing. You get the idea.

Happened to me once after applying the mod. I meddled with the fullscreen option (turning it off then on and leaving it on) and never had a problem since. Try that :D

Hope this can help!

Happened to me once after applying the mod. I meddled with the fullscreen option (turning it off then on and leaving it on) and never had a problem since. Try that :D

Tried it, no success.

Even installied the whole game on a different machine, problem persists.