Raedric's Hold game crash

TheLauron

Question

So I've been happily (and sneakily)  exploring Raedric's Hold. Was slowly making my way in the Hold's interior when I went up the Siege Platform exit. Due to my ever-loving danger sense, I saved... about thrice.

So when I saw it's safe, looted the place, and returned back inside... the game crashed. Right now I'm stuck and can't re-enter the castle... which makes me a sad regicide :(

If there is any information I need to give, feel free to ask. I'm just hoping i'm not permanently stuck :p

• Like 10

It worked! What madness is this? I managed to exit Roadrics Keep. I did not enter Caed Nua before this and I entered trough the sewers and exited there again. I Killed the high priest and helped the animancer and Roadric. Oh joy :)

1)i just would like to add that I also ran into the bug. (Cant Re-Enter the Kitchen area of the readric's hold)

Unlike the previous DEV's assumption there is no connection whatsover to 32 bit machines (or so)

I'm running a 64 bit Os (Win7 64 bit) got 16 GB ram and have  a Core i 7 which supports 64 bit.

2)It would be very helpful  if there were some easy way to upload savegames and other files. I strongly dislike uploading my Dxdiag system data on a  public host....

I can confirm the "brute force" work around. If you leave the Hold until you can steamroll it through the front door (ie ignore -and don't touch - the priest outfits) the crash conditions don't seem to trigger.

Same problem, but I was able to leave. I'll come back after the patch. Hopefully, someone else can use this to continue playing: I came in up the vines. Cleared everything and went down to the dungeons, cleared it, came back up and I was about to confront Raedric, but I wanted to go up on the other floor before killing the SOB, and that's when I got the bug. So basically, I could go back down but I couldn't go up. I exited the hold through the sewers and can go about my business... I may try to go back and see if it's resolve somehow.

Hey guys, 

Quick update to this thread, I just ran through 10+ of the save files posted here and this issue no longer occurs. This will be fixed when we release the first post launch patch. Thanks for your understanding so far!

• Like 9

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hey guys, 

Quick update to this thread, I just ran through 10+ of the save files posted here and this issue no longer occurs. This will be fixed when we release the first post launch patch. Thanks for your understanding so far!

Love you, Derek

Hey guys, 

Just a quick addendum due to the fact that I'm not sure if this is related to Raedric's Hold or a specific item that I am now avoiding.

I found a ring on the Siege Platform, in the Hold, which granted the ability "Combusting Wounds".

I found that equipping it to a character, picking the item up and not equipping it, or placing it directly into the stash all caused a black screen upon zoning.  I can, however, enter the siege platform and loot everything EXCEPT for that ring, and I don't run into any difficulties.

It seems that this item (which grants a skill/spell) is bugged similarly to the priest robe disguises.

Hey guys, 

But when??

• Like 2

I too cannot get out of the Hold. I have killed Raedric and want to leave the keep.

Game crashes on any exit point, To Moat, To Lower Ramparts, To Upper Ramparts, To Siege Platform, To Courtyard.

Tried with and without the priest robes.

Im basically stuck here, not impressed!

EDIT: After following an above post I too have managed to get out:

1. Open save game file with WinRar

2. Delete AR_0707_Raedrics_Hold_Ext.lvl

3. Exit the hold (I went via the Courtyard exit)

4. Rejoice to be finally outside!

Edited by thisispaulo
  • Like 1

I have almost the same problem, except reverse. I am inside raedrics hold, doing everything just fine, but when i try to leave, it fails to load the zone i end up at  (black screen + movement cursor after load screen), and clicking anywhere freezes the game.

That is exactly my problem. I am so glad, I am not the only one, because I guess, it is game breaking. I cannot proceed, or can I?

I too cannot get out of the Hold. I have killed Raedric and want to leave the keep.

Game crashes on any exit point, To Moat, To Lower Ramparts, To Upper Ramparts, To Siege Platform, To Courtyard.

Tried with and without the priest robes.

Im basically stuck here, not impressed!

EDIT: After following an above post I too have managed to get out:

Overlooked this. I will try it and pray.

edit: It worked.

But I am very sceptical about this. It seems to reset some things. I was able to collect some herbs outside of the hold again. Also, Edèr said something he usually says at the first visit of the hold. So the quest state is messed up. This could be harmful sometime.

Edited by Dr. Snuggles

I've the same bug, i'm in the Raedric quest and cannot get out.

I play on Steam and don't know where to find the "save game file" mentioned in :

Did you know if this bug will be fixed soon ?

The problem with crashing in Raedric's Hold seem to be related to saving your game over another savegame. My wife ran into the same problem coming down the stairs from to the throne room. When she deleted the savegames she knew had been overwritten by other savegames the problem went away. 

The problem with crashing in Raedric's Hold seem to be related to saving your game over another savegame. My wife ran into the same problem coming down the stairs from to the throne room. When she deleted the savegames she knew had been overwritten by other savegames the problem went away. 

That's odd I've never saved over any of my files and mine is still bugged.

Hey guys, 

Lovely. and how long do we have to wait before we can play your game again?

My game crash also in Raedric but only when i try to re-enter the chapel.

For additional information, it started to crash after i killed Nedmar's men, then i went to osrya to rest and then i could not go back anymore to the chapel.

output_log.txt

I got the exact same problem, I killed all the priests/paladins in the chapel, went back outside in a inn to rest, came back to finish the chapel and black screen after the loading screen. I cannot re-enter the chapel (although I can leave the castle so I'm not stuck... for now at least !)

It isn't only in Raedric's Hold either.

Having a similar issue in the Endless Paths of Od Nua.

My Autosave, Quicksave and most recent save (at the start of level 2) are all affected. The three saves and my output_log are in the dropbox folder below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xvo3m4fbak81grh/AAAB6EI-k6ROTRdfEaJiLM2Ua?dl=0

I've tried thisispaulo's method, both with deleting the Caed Nua and firs Od Nua levels, but I get the black screen as soon as I try and enter the main hall regardless.

Hopefully the fix in the patch will adress all the black screen issues and not just the Raedric's Keep ones. My last save prior was at the end of act 2 >.<