Raedric's Hold game crash

TheLauron

Question

So I've been happily (and sneakily)  exploring Raedric's Hold. Was slowly making my way in the Hold's interior when I went up the Siege Platform exit. Due to my ever-loving danger sense, I saved... about thrice.

So when I saw it's safe, looted the place, and returned back inside... the game crashed. Right now I'm stuck and can't re-enter the castle... which makes me a sad regicide :(

If there is any information I need to give, feel free to ask. I'm just hoping i'm not permanently stuck :p

• Like 10

Okay. Tested fix (without console)

You need to rename or delete from your savegame file some Roedericks files (they name like Roederic's Hold)

Rename savefile to .rar extension. Open with WinRAR or some other app for archives. And cahnge name of files you need to clear.

In my case I stuck IN CASTLE. And rename 2 files with _Ext in name. Game was fixed and I'm happy. Thanks all, especially to someone who had this simple idea first.

Simple and working.

They will patch it, but it takes time.

In the interim people are discovering and suggesting workarounds which is both helpful and appropriate, especially for those who do not want to start a new game.

Edited by Hogfather

Seriously, crashing when moving from dungeon to the kitchen and back, from temple to the roof and back ... 

This game has lovely lore but I guess we have to wait a bit for some patches to come in ;-]

Nice PQ testing Obsidian, and less than 5 hours in. Didnt think people would want to backtrack through the castle? god dammit i can't play this.

No dude, i got the exact same problem but i didn't try to retreat, the thing is i can't go foward.

Thinking of this, i don't even tried to go out of the castle... I'm gonna try this i let you know.

Same issue, not interested in fidgeting with save files. I paid for a full and functioning game just like everyone else here. Seriously though, no dev/mod has bothered to post anything in this thread? Here I was hoping Obsidian had done away with that ghost from the past. Was loving the game so far, but this (especially the lack of feedback from Obsidian) is just a major minus on their count.

They will patch it, but it takes time.

Wasn't this game in beta for months and months? I mean, it's a pretty big bug (or bugs), and extremely easy to find out given the number of people stuck.

Yup, I'm stuck too.

- sneaked (somewhat) into the castle

- got the priest mission

- clear the dungeons below

- got the first black screens bugs, but I manage to find another exits out of the dungeons that did not bug

- kill Raedrick

- got the custscene

- now I can't find *any* exit that will work, all get my a black screen and return to desktop

Some news guys : i managed to get out without cheat.

This should work if you're in Raedrick's Hold Sanctuary : there's an access to the roof to the North-West, after a big corridor leading right to the North. Or if you came in here by the kitchen, the access to the roof is right in front of you in a tiny little room where there are 2 safes with armours in them.

If the game crashes when you get to the roof i can't do anything for you, but if it doesn't (as it did for me), then just follow the linear path (stairways going down). Then, there's a door which téléports you in the interior court with no loading time so it shouldn't crash i guess.

When in the interior court, head South and simply go out of the keep crossing the drawbridge.

You're out now, go to the worldmap and get out of this damn hellish bugged keep crap. :)

Hope that helps, let me know.

Dosen't work for me either... Tried everything. I've slaughtered everyone in the keep out of pure despair...

Sad to see this kind of bug in a new game. Stuff like this should have been caught by the developers before going live.

Too bad. I was actually liking this game. Now I have to recommend friends not buy it just yet. No sense in buying flawed games.

OK I have amended the save file edit to KEEP ALL PROGRESS inside Raedric's keep

1. Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity  and open with a zip or winrar programme

2. Open your quicksave/save file in the keep

3. Scroll down and delete both Raedrics_hold_ext files

4. Exit out of the front door onto courtyard - you cant use the vine as you deleted the grappling hook
  • Like 1

Dosen't work for me either... Tried everything. I've slaughtered everyone in the keep out of pure despair...

Sad to see this kind of bug in a new game. Stuff like this should have been caught by the developers before going live.

Too bad. I was actually liking this game. Now I have to recommend friends not buy it just yet. No sense in buying flawed games.

errrrrrrr so it's totally random.

Looks like the patch will take time before its release since the issue seems to be very consequent/big.

I am also Raedrics Hold - Everytime I try to leave the games attempts to do an autosave and the game crashes.  It just hangs on a black screen.  I have located my output log but I have no idea how to attach it to this post.   However, upon reading it it seems to state the same errors as other before me have posted. 

I have purchased the game through steam

I am also Raedrics Hold - Everytime I try to leave the games attempts to do an autosave and the game crashes.  It just hangs on a black screen.  I have located my output log but I have no idea how to attach it to this post.   However, upon reading it it seems to state the same errors as other before me have posted. 

I have purchased the game through steam

What if you desactivate autosave ?

Okay, i tested some more: i can transit between the interior areas, but the game crashs when i go to a outside area like ramparts, courtyard.

Can't you simply go out the way you came ?

No, the same way (via the vines) crashes too. I cant get on the roof.

Hello

I´d like to report a few crashing places in the Raedric's Hold.

1) From Sanctuary to Siege Platform

2) From Dungeon Crypts to Moat

3) From Dungeon Crypts to Lower Ramparts

All these crashes happen when translating (no error messages or nothing, just black screen and that's that).

Also, for some reason I can't upload any files. Either with the new uploader, or with the older one.

Just says "Error This upload failed".

The names of the files are "DxDiag_file.txt" and "output_log.txt". Both are only some 10+ kb a piece.

Same for me

Defeated the Lord and then went down to the single Room in the Dungeon. There I discovered no way to open the secret door, so I tried to go back upstairs again. And then it crashes.

So I used the AreaTransition Command to teleport me to the Gilded Vale Map. Thats working, but when I try to reenter the Hold (Main Floor) the game crashes again. :(

And now I dont know if I can just leave the Hold be or if my SaveGame is so "broken" that it would be no use to go on with it. ;(

Why the devs are keeping silence!!?? 

Paying some respect to the gamers would have been nice. Lots of people supported this project.

I can understand and for sure accept some bug issues, but not that kind of attitude. Alas.