Raedric's Hold game crash

TheLauron

Question

So I've been happily (and sneakily)  exploring Raedric's Hold. Was slowly making my way in the Hold's interior when I went up the Siege Platform exit. Due to my ever-loving danger sense, I saved... about thrice.

So when I saw it's safe, looted the place, and returned back inside... the game crashed. Right now I'm stuck and can't re-enter the castle... which makes me a sad regicide :(

If there is any information I need to give, feel free to ask. I'm just hoping i'm not permanently stuck :p

• Like 10

I'm with you guys, i got to the main hold and was like-- hey! let me explore around a bit for some sweet loot! left via the kitchen to the upstairs chapel, and can't get back down using any route possible. I couldn't possibly be feeling more salt than right now. close to 10 hours of playtime for me out the window until a fix comes.

Temporal solution that work it for me.

We will need 7zip or some program for open the savefiles.

1. Open 7zip and go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity in 7zip

2. Open your savefile inside 7zip, in my case 49c623f3-dc4c-4eb7-be78-4e5f14755a5c quicksave.savegame, and delete all the files with Raedric in its name.

3. Open Pillars of Eternity and enjoy.

The only problem with this is that you lose all your progress with this zone, you will have all the fog of war....Maybe this is a exploit to discover the maps over and over again to get the exp? I didn't try this yet.

Cheers this works great, also If you don't want to redo all the areas I think you only need to delete the area that you can't access:

Int_02 - Top Floor with the clerics

Int_01 - Main floor where Raedric is.

Int_03 - Dungeon

Ext - Outside

nice!

Thanks to everyone in this quote, I was able to finish the castle and continue my game.

Now let's hope an official patch comes out soon, because this is indeed a nasty one!

1. Open 7zip and go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity in 7zip

2. Open your savefile inside 7zip, in my case 49c623f3-dc4c-4eb7-be78-4e5f14755a5c quicksave.savegame, and delete all the files with Raedric in its name.

The only problem with this is that you lose all your progress with this zone, you will have all the fog of war....Maybe this is a exploit to discover the maps over and over again to get the exp? I didn't try this yet.

Came back to say that until there is a fix, this is probably the best solution-- it's fairly easy to do, it doesn't reset any interactions with NPC in terms of dialogue, butr does cover everything in fog of war again, restores any killed creatures and loot in crates/chests/etc.

Came back to say that until there is a fix, this is probably the best solution-- it's fairly easy to do, it doesn't reset any interactions with NPC in terms of dialogue, butr does cover everything in fog of war again, restores any killed creatures and loot in crates/chests/etc.

This fix does not work as stated. Can someone clarify what missing steps there are? Do I need to re-zip my file? Delete the old save file?

I unzipped my savegame, deleted the files with Raedric, and then launched the game again. Loading my game did absolutely nothing different.

This fix does not work as stated. Can someone clarify what missing steps there are? Do I need to re-zip my file? Delete the old save file?

I unzipped my savegame, deleted the files with Raedric, and then launched the game again. Loading my game did absolutely nothing different.

You aren't suppose to actually "unzip" it, just open the savegame file as is and remove the files.

I used winrar, renamed the .savegame file to .rar, removed the files, closed winrar, renamed the file back to .savegame.

When I started the game I was able to load the area with no problem, but as stated earlier the fog was back.

Hey guys,

I just finished Raedric's Hold without any hiccups or crashes.

I went through the sewer grate on the far eastern side of the exterior map (need a prybar or really high might to get through, wiki saying 18 might.)

Then headed through the dungeon then up the northwestern stair case to the kitchen, then taking the staircase up to the priests quarters. Ending up in the room where you find the spare robes.

I entered the throne room via nedmar's secret entrance after doing his helper quest. after the fight with the Raedric i looted that floor, but the priests quarters above, travelling between both with no issues. I then retreated back the same way i came in and managed to get out of the keep without any hassles.

I know this wont help those of you who are already stuck in the keep.  For those who haven't started, this route could be an alternative to getting stuck, or using a travel command to get out of there.

You do not have to unzip it. Treat the savegame file as an archive and open it with 7z and then just deletes the mentioned files. You could try unzip and zip it again once you are done but the first method is less of a hassle.

don't unzip, you need to do all from the program, without unzip, open que quicksave.savegame with 7zip and delete the files.

If you unzip is more complicate, is better if you do all from the program.

Yes, is a big exploit because you can get infinite gold and infinite experience if you get a map with a lot of chest and open all the time the chest, is a way to get lvl12 at the beginning of the game.

The best way is to save the old files and when they fix it put again that files, is more complicate because you need to change the extension, open with windows explorer and change the files but is possible to change the files and use the old ones again.

Same thing happening to me - stuck out on the ramparts, only one door I can take into the temple, and it crashes me every time... I want to enjoy this game, but a game-breaking bug this early in a full-priced "gold" release makes me want my money back. 

WARNING: IF YOU DO THIS YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ACHIEVEMENTS

Note: Cheats will be disabled when you load/reload a save.

Temporary Fix:

Open Pillars of Eternity

Hit ~ Key to open console

Type "iroll20s" to enable cheats

The two commands you can copy/paste are:

AreaTransition AR_0707_Raedrics_Hold_Ext North1

AreaTransition AR_0708_Raedrics_Hold_Int_01 North1

The first command gets you outside of the keep.  I suggest doing this first and hard saving.  This will allow you to have a clear file outside.  (My issue was I only had a save two hours prior and the bugged autosave in the Seige area).

The second command is the front door of the keep.  There will be a lot of enemies, but it leads to Raedric which thus allows you to complete the quest.

I sided against Raedric and killed him.  Upon killing him I was able to use the front door, however I am unable to zone into any other area.  Just take the quest complete and boogie.

Not working. Just tried it. Blackscreen and not responding.

Same here. Not even this is working for me. :/

worked for me.

I had a savegame outside of the keep. If you know how to do the keep, you can do it in a couple of minutes. So I reset my savegame and did the whole keep again. Worked perfectly for me.

• Like 1

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Had som difficulties to do it on MAC but it is done now. I had to delete all Raedric files not only _ext but somehow didnt loose progress as all discussion and decisions I made with NPCs were still there. But I managed to leave that place and can continue till bugfix will be released

Thanks again

• Like 1

By the way: did any or maybe all of you leave the keep while doing the quest? for example to get a rogue to open the doors? I think the bug may be connected to this. Or did the bug also occur if you do the whole keep at once without leaving in between?

After getting the quest, I opted to climb the walls and go in from the roof. I made my way through the priestly area (bluffing like a boss until I was caught), killed most people and left for the Siege Platform. After looting the area, I attempted to go back... and realized I really, really should've hard-saved when entering the zone. Ugh.

I'm going to try the savegame fix mentioned above and see if that gets me back in business. Really enjoying the game so far - my early game Ranger-Wizard-Fighter-Fighter-Priest-Chanter combo is wrecking face.

EDIT: Boom. Back in business! Only deleted the Int_02 parts of Raedric, not the exterior. Let the priest-tricking re-commence!

Edited by Rituro

Same boat, i guess it's a big boat :)

I was getting really excited to face Raedrick. This bug broke my joy an horrible way, the game began to be epic but it seems it was more like an epic fail...

BTW i have an aumaura fighter and i'm gonna try to kill the guy who gives you the key and tell you if this works. I'll be back in black

By the way: did any or maybe all of you leave the keep while doing the quest? for example to get a rogue to open the doors? I think the bug may be connected to this. Or did the bug also occur if you do the whole keep at once without leaving in between?

I did the whole keep without trying to leave and stopped being able to leave.

I also tried the sewer/dungeon exit mentioned a few posts ago that worked for whoever was posting about it and that didn't work.