Raedric's Hold game crash

TheLauron

Question

So I've been happily (and sneakily)  exploring Raedric's Hold. Was slowly making my way in the Hold's interior when I went up the Siege Platform exit. Due to my ever-loving danger sense, I saved... about thrice.

So when I saw it's safe, looted the place, and returned back inside... the game crashed. Right now I'm stuck and can't re-enter the castle... which makes me a sad regicide :(

If there is any information I need to give, feel free to ask. I'm just hoping i'm not permanently stuck :p

• Like 10

I have a temporary solution (temporary, because Devs should fix it by a patch) that worked for me.

enable console by pressing ~ + Enter

Write    iroll20s   <- that command enables cheats in the game.

Press  ~ + Enter again and copy/paste that: AreaTransition AR_0705_Gilded_Vale North 1

You will be in Gilded Vale :)

Good luck :)

Omg. thank you so much!!!!!!! Now i can continue this masterpiece. Thank you again. 

The question is, did the devs really tested this game or not, and why is nobody answering this thread?

The game was tested, it is simply a matter of nigh infinite number of PC configurations and it is impossible to test each one. Now that it has gone out to a much wider audience things like this are bound to pop up. As to why there is no dev response, maybe they don't know whats causing it, or how to fix it yet. Plus there is an entire board of people having issues, so they cannot sit and post a response to each one realistically. Unless you'd prefer a dev doing that rather than trying to find the issue.

WARNING: IF YOU DO THIS YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ACHIEVEMENTS

Note: Cheats will be disabled when you load/reload a save.

Temporary Fix:

Open Pillars of Eternity

Hit ~ Key to open console

Type "iroll20s" to enable cheats

The two commands you can copy/paste are:

AreaTransition AR_0707_Raedrics_Hold_Ext North1

AreaTransition AR_0708_Raedrics_Hold_Int_01 North1

The first command gets you outside of the keep.  I suggest doing this first and hard saving.  This will allow you to have a clear file outside.  (My issue was I only had a save two hours prior and the bugged autosave in the Seige area).

The second command is the front door of the keep.  There will be a lot of enemies, but it leads to Raedric which thus allows you to complete the quest.

I sided against Raedric and killed him.  Upon killing him I was able to use the front door, however I am unable to zone into any other area.  Just take the quest complete and boogie.

So this didn't work for me precisely, I had to go a little further to avoid the crash. AreaTransition AR_0705_Gilded_Vale North1 got me back to the town and back to adventuring.

I have a temporary solution (temporary, because Devs should fix it by a patch) that worked for me.

enable console by pressing ~ + Enter

Write    iroll20s   <- that command enables cheats in the game.

Press  ~ + Enter again and copy/paste that: AreaTransition AR_0705_Gilded_Vale North 1

You will be in Gilded Vale  :)

Good luck  :)

You beat me to this. I shouldn't have stepped away before posting. =p

Confirmed. This worked for me too. But I did not finish the quest at the keep and now I'm afraid to go anywhere near the keep. I hope the quick-fix is coming soon.

Unsure how I missed this huge thread before posting, oh wait I know how, its 3am and I've been playing Pillars all day :p

QA dude asked for my save etc so maybe they're looking into it. 

Good to see that there is a cheat to get out of Raedric Hold so I won't lose my game. It sucks to lose achievements but I will probably use that tomorrow if there isn't a posted non-cheaty fix.

Edited by Hogfather

I'm also stuck in Readric's Hold. Tried using the Cheat AreaTransition AR_0705_Gilded_Vale North 1 but i keep getting No Command or Script AreaTransition, and I have Cheats enabled

When u copy and paste be sure not to get any blank space. thats what happened to me. Be sure not to copy any blank space.

WARNING: IF YOU DO THIS YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ACHIEVEMENTS

Note: Cheats will be disabled when you load/reload a save.

Temporary Fix:

Open Pillars of Eternity

Hit ~ Key to open console

Type "iroll20s" to enable cheats

The two commands you can copy/paste are:

AreaTransition AR_0707_Raedrics_Hold_Ext North1

AreaTransition AR_0708_Raedrics_Hold_Int_01 North1

The first command gets you outside of the keep.  I suggest doing this first and hard saving.  This will allow you to have a clear file outside.  (My issue was I only had a save two hours prior and the bugged autosave in the Seige area).

The second command is the front door of the keep.  There will be a lot of enemies, but it leads to Raedric which thus allows you to complete the quest.

I sided against Raedric and killed him.  Upon killing him I was able to use the front door, however I am unable to zone into any other area.  Just take the quest complete and boogie.

So this didn't work for me precisely, I had to go a little further to avoid the crash. AreaTransition AR_0705_Gilded_Vale North1 got me back to the town and back to adventuring.

enable console by pressing ~ + Enter

Write    iroll20s   <- that command enables cheats in the game.

Press  ~ + Enter again and copy/paste that: AreaTransition AR_0705_Gilded_Vale North 1

You will be in Gilded Vale  :)

Good luck  :)

You beat me to this. I shouldn't have stepped away before posting. =p

Confirmed. This worked for me too. But I did not finish the quest at the keep and now I'm afraid to go anywhere near the keep. I hope the quick-fix is coming soon.

p

Btw. I tried going back to the keep ever since it's always black screen + not responding. Luckily you can avoid this and progress along the main quest line. Pity tough.

Temporal solution that work it for me.

We will need 7zip or some program for open the savefiles.

1. Open 7zip and go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity in 7zip

2. Open your savefile inside 7zip, in my case 49c623f3-dc4c-4eb7-be78-4e5f14755a5c quicksave.savegame, and delete all the files with Raedric in its name.

3. Open Pillars of Eternity and enjoy.

The only problem with this is that you lose all your progress with this zone, you will have all the fog of war....Maybe this is a exploit to discover the maps over and over again to get the exp? I didn't try this yet.
  • Like 2

1. Open 7zip and go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity in 7zip

2. Open your savefile inside 7zip, in my case 49c623f3-dc4c-4eb7-be78-4e5f14755a5c quicksave.savegame, and delete all the files with Raedric in its name.

The only problem with this is that you lose all your progress with this zone, you will have all the fog of war....Maybe this is a exploit to discover the maps over and over again to get the exp? I didn't try this yet.

Would this stop getting achievements?

well i started over, dont want to enable the console.

can wait for a patch and then enter the hold :)

I ended up just starting over as well. It's going a lot faster the second time through, since I'm blowing through the text. Wasn't sold on the class choice for my main guy anyway.

Having a related issue. I just killed Raedric, and I get a black screen/freeze if I try to exit his keep from any exit. I've been playing the game for 13 hours and this is the first bug I've run into. It's a gamebreaker so far because I can't figure out a workaround. Doesn't appear to be letting me attach files, so I can't attach my savegame.

Edited by McCrank

Cheers this works great, also If you don't want to redo all the areas I think you only need to delete the area that you can't access:

Int_02 - Top Floor with the clerics

Int_01 - Main floor where Raedric is.

Int_03 - Dungeon

Ext - Outside

Anybody have any idea when this referred patch is coming out? Days, weeks, months?

Next week at the earliest from what I've read. Which is kinda ridiculous. Maybe fix things that are breaking the game for people before getting minor balancing all together. But then they haven't said a word in this thread or acted like it has existed outside of a reddit AMA.

Thanks so much.  :)  I got stuck inside the keep and could not leave..  I only deleted the ext (exterior?) files, and was then able to leave.  

Cheers this works great, also If you don't want to redo all the areas I think you only need to delete the area that you can't access:

Int_02 - Top Floor with the clerics

Int_01 - Main floor where Raedric is.

Int_03 - Dungeon

Ext - Outside

nice!