Raedric's Hold game crash

TheLauron

Question

So I've been happily (and sneakily)  exploring Raedric's Hold. Was slowly making my way in the Hold's interior when I went up the Siege Platform exit. Due to my ever-loving danger sense, I saved... about thrice.

So when I saw it's safe, looted the place, and returned back inside... the game crashed. Right now I'm stuck and can't re-enter the castle... which makes me a sad regicide :(

If there is any information I need to give, feel free to ask. I'm just hoping i'm not permanently stuck :p

• Like 10

This solution doesn't work for me.

My game crashes every time I want to leave armory of Raedric's Castle - even if I try it with cheat.

Any other solutions?

Ditto, even with the cheat I'm still stuck inside the keep, no way to leave. Identical symptoms as mentioned previously in the thread.

See attached for dxdiag. Relevant log info:

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Guid,ObjectPersistencePacket].Add (Guid key, .ObjectPersistencePacket value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at PersistenceManager.SaveObject (.Persistence persistence) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at PersistenceManager.SaveGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GameResources.BuildSaveFile (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GameResources.SaveGame (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GameState.Autosave () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GameState.FinalizeLevelLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at LevelStartWrapperExit.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Tier2Backer cannot be loaded because the asset bundle type is not supported!

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

DxDiag.txt

Same here...

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.Guid,ObjectPersistencePacket].Add (Guid key, .ObjectPersistencePacket value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at PersistenceManager.SaveObject (.Persistence persistence) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at PersistenceManager.SaveGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GameResources.BuildSaveFile (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GameResources.SaveGame (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GameState.Autosave () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GameState.FinalizeLevelLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at LevelStartWrapperExit.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Same for me but the game stops responding when I go into the keep kitchen or the keep hall. I had gone through the kitchen once before earlier in my save but now I am unable. It goes to the loading screen then to a black screen with a cursor and the sound playing until you click and it goes to not responding. I've tried loading earlier saves but the same thing happens. I tried re-installing and verifying the game cache but the same error keeps happening.

I have almost the same problem, except reverse. I am inside raedrics hold, doing everything just fine, but when i try to leave, it fails to load the zone i end up at  (black screen + movement cursor after load screen), and clicking anywhere freezes the game.

I have the same exact problem too. It's a game breaking bug. I can't exit the keep. I'm playing on path of the damned and have 0 camping supplies left.

Edited by SimonTheSorcerer

WARNING: IF YOU DO THIS YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ACHIEVEMENTS

Note: Cheats will be disabled when you load/reload a save.

Temporary Fix:

Open Pillars of Eternity

Hit ~ Key to open console

Type "iroll20s" to enable cheats

The two commands you can copy/paste are:

AreaTransition AR_0707_Raedrics_Hold_Ext North1

AreaTransition AR_0708_Raedrics_Hold_Int_01 North1

The first command gets you outside of the keep.  I suggest doing this first and hard saving.  This will allow you to have a clear file outside.  (My issue was I only had a save two hours prior and the bugged autosave in the Seige area).

The second command is the front door of the keep.  There will be a lot of enemies, but it leads to Raedric which thus allows you to complete the quest.

I sided against Raedric and killed him.  Upon killing him I was able to use the front door, however I am unable to zone into any other area.  Just take the quest complete and boogie.

Not working. Just tried it. Blackscreen and not responding.

I got out of the keep but entering main floor is impossible ,had to leave it behind. Kills me inside. Also ,the fact that the Steam version of the game is bugged out (that it legitly bought) loading without voice overs and portraits is frustrating - Having to play on a DRM free GOG.Com version I downloaded... Atleast developers got their money which is what is important to me but: I want my achivements, preorder bonuses. :(

I was really hoping that there would be some news when I woke up this morning.  It's a great game, and I almost don't mind starting over, but I wish they would at least address the issue. 

Not on path of the damned difficulty. Believe me! ;) I was this close to starting a path of the damned game in ironman mode. Glad I didn't. Hope they address this serious game breaking bug very soon (Awesome game btw. 10/10)

/I used to play Baldurs Gate Big Picture with Sword Coast Strategems mod. I'm really good (especially with mages and priests). That's why I play the highest difficulty on the first run./

I encountered the same issue as well. After killing Raedric, going down into the dungeons to explore and now i can't get out of the dungeons. It'll begin to load the next area and crashed shortly after. Unfortunately, all my saves are in the dungeon... ;(

Since I was stuck in the outside and could not re-enter, I used the cheat to leave to the area exit, and it worked fine - i can continue playing everywhere else without issues.

For those stuck inside, I reckon the best call would be to use the cheats to teleport directly to Gilded Vale or such, if at all possible. I understand the cheats might disable achievements gain, but then again, I seriously doubt this will be my only run through the game :p

A bit of a shame, but given the fact it's a very local bug, giving issues to player in the Hold, I'm hoping it will be squashed soon :)

Since I was stuck in the outside and could not re-enter, I used the cheat to leave to the area exit, and it worked fine - i can continue playing everywhere else without issues.

For those stuck inside, I reckon the best call would be to use the cheats to teleport directly to Gilded Vale or such, if at all possible. I understand the cheats might disable achievements gain, but then again, I seriously doubt this will be my only run through the game :p

A bit of a shame, but given the fact it's a very local bug, giving issues to player in the Hold, I'm hoping it will be squashed soon :)

I have this stupid bug as well. What are the area transition codes for the other areas, like gilded vale?

I still don't understand how we don't have any news from Dev at all from 24 hour.  

I'm playing Path of the damned and i'm not going to use cheat. You have no idea how hard is it to kill the King in this mode. This game is really nice but it need lots of Hotfix, You can see the bug and unbalanced thing in path of the damned more than other difficulty. DR unbalanced for spider and maybe more mobs / some weak spell ( useless in this mode ) Disengaging system is wierd.  I'm still testing it but since i'm stuck in the  Raedric Hold, i can't tell if anything else is broken or subject to need a balanced fix. I'm disapointed that we don't have any comment from A Dev from now. It's a important Bug that occur a Quick HotFix for the health of the community.

I'm not going to wait all week-end.

I don't speak english very well sorry.

I have a temporary solution (temporary, because Devs should fix it by a patch) that worked for me.

enable console by pressing ~ + Enter

Write    iroll20s   <- that command enables cheats in the game.

Press  ~ + Enter again and copy/paste that: AreaTransition AR_0705_Gilded_Vale North

You will be in Gilded Vale :)

Good luck :)

Edited by Laaqueel
  • Like 3

WARNING: IF YOU DO THIS YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ACHIEVEMENTS

Note: Cheats will be disabled when you load/reload a save.

Temporary Fix:

Open Pillars of Eternity

Hit ~ Key to open console

Type "iroll20s" to enable cheats

The two commands you can copy/paste are:

AreaTransition AR_0707_Raedrics_Hold_Ext North1

AreaTransition AR_0708_Raedrics_Hold_Int_01 North1

The first command gets you outside of the keep.  I suggest doing this first and hard saving.  This will allow you to have a clear file outside.  (My issue was I only had a save two hours prior and the bugged autosave in the Seige area).

The second command is the front door of the keep.  There will be a lot of enemies, but it leads to Raedric which thus allows you to complete the quest.

I sided against Raedric and killed him.  Upon killing him I was able to use the front door, however I am unable to zone into any other area.  Just take the quest complete and boogie.

So this didn't work for me precisely, I had to go a little further to avoid the crash. AreaTransition AR_0705_Gilded_Vale North1 got me back to the town and back to adventuring.

I have a temporary solution (temporary, because Devs should fix it by a patch) that worked for me.

enable console by pressing ~ + Enter

Write    iroll20s   <- that command enables cheats in the game.

Press  ~ + Enter again and copy/paste that: AreaTransition AR_0705_Gilded_Vale North 1

You will be in Gilded Vale  :)

Good luck  :)

You beat me to this. I shouldn't have stepped away before posting. =p

Edited by MrWakka