Raedric's Hold game crash

TheLauron

Question

So I've been happily (and sneakily)  exploring Raedric's Hold. Was slowly making my way in the Hold's interior when I went up the Siege Platform exit. Due to my ever-loving danger sense, I saved... about thrice.

So when I saw it's safe, looted the place, and returned back inside... the game crashed. Right now I'm stuck and can't re-enter the castle... which makes me a sad regicide :(

If there is any information I need to give, feel free to ask. I'm just hoping i'm not permanently stuck :p

• Like 10

Attempting to use the "To Siege Platform" door crashes my game. Even worse, when I tried to try it again after verifying Steam files when I Ctrl + Alt + Deleted the program it deleted all 3 of my save slots (Ctrl + Alt + Delete worked the first time without issue). 

So I saved before trying the "To Siege Platform" door again and quit out of the program completely before attempting it again. When I relaunched the program there's no saves to load. Unsure what exactly is causing the issue, but I hope it gets addressed soon.

A temporary fix: open your save file and delete the roderic keep AR files, it will reset the areas, the game works ok if you talk to roderic. 

• Like 3

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

So after taking care of the main part of Raedric's Hold, I was exploring for extra loot and took an entrance down to the "dungeon laboratory". One room, no way out because the secret entrance is opened from the other side. So I turned around and went back up the stairs--and crash, black screen, etc. Every time. I can't leave the room without it crashing, and my last save is *directly* before the big fight.

WARNING: IF YOU DO THIS YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ACHIEVEMENTS

Note: Cheats will be disabled when you load/reload a save.

Temporary Fix:

Open Pillars of Eternity

Hit ~ Key to open console

Type "iroll20s" to enable cheats

The two commands you can copy/paste are:

AreaTransition AR_0707_Raedrics_Hold_Ext North1

AreaTransition AR_0708_Raedrics_Hold_Int_01 North1

The first command gets you outside of the keep.  I suggest doing this first and hard saving.  This will allow you to have a clear file outside.  (My issue was I only had a save two hours prior and the bugged autosave in the Seige area).

The second command is the front door of the keep.  There will be a lot of enemies, but it leads to Raedric which thus allows you to complete the quest.

I sided against Raedric and killed him.  Upon killing him I was able to use the front door, however I am unable to zone into any other area.  Just take the quest complete and boogie.

• Like 5

I'm having a very similar issue, but for me I can't return to the chapel level, using any entrance.  Other areas of the keep seem to load ok, but when I try to transit back to the chapel the load screen appears, then a black screen with cursor and the game never comes unstuck.

link to save game, dxdiag, and output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9mdns1npe6rkg33/AACyJ3yemYfGOvMTJumVU_Oqa?dl=0

Same problem here. Managed to do the castle itself without problem, but left because party wasn't strong enough. Now i can't return without the game crashing.

How do you attach something in this forum, i can't really find the option.

Temporary Fix:

Open Pillars of Eternity

The first command gets you outside of the keep.  I suggest doing this first and hard saving.  This will allow you to have a clear file outside.  (My issue was I only had a save two hours prior and the bugged autosave in the Seige area).

The second command is the front door of the keep.  There will be a lot of enemies, but it leads to Raedric which thus allows you to complete the quest.

I sided against Raedric and killed him.  Upon killing him I was able to use the front door, however I am unable to zone into any other area.  Just take the quest complete and boogie.

Well done that man.

I have used the first one to skip out of the castle and will come back to it when it's fixed.

I also got this crash. This is my log file. I think similar

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.Guid,ObjectPersistencePacket].Add (Guid key, .ObjectPersistencePacket value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at PersistenceManager.SaveObject (.Persistence persistence) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at PersistenceManager.SaveGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GameResources.BuildSaveFile (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GameResources.SaveGame (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GameState.Autosave () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GameState.FinalizeLevelLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at LevelStartWrapperExit.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Temporary Fix:

Open Pillars of Eternity

This solution doesn't work for me.

My game crashes every time I want to leave armory of Raedric's Castle - even if I try it with cheat.

Any other solutions?

• Like 1