Raedric's Hold game crash

TheLauron

Question

So I've been happily (and sneakily)  exploring Raedric's Hold. Was slowly making my way in the Hold's interior when I went up the Siege Platform exit. Due to my ever-loving danger sense, I saved... about thrice.

So when I saw it's safe, looted the place, and returned back inside... the game crashed. Right now I'm stuck and can't re-enter the castle... which makes me a sad regicide :(

If there is any information I need to give, feel free to ask. I'm just hoping i'm not permanently stuck :p

• Like 10

exactly my Problem too. i entered the secluded armory on the sanctuary map looted the Quality armors and everytime i try to leave there is the loading Screen for a few seconds and then a black Screen with the movement Cursor. application stopped working. i have a steam copy and there is already a thread there. appearantly all those who are affected do not have the game in their Profile appearing. same goes for me.

• Like 3

It will help the dev's if you can upload your save file and output_log.txt (latter from \SteamApps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data). I've got this problem too, and I'm wondering if the bottom of your log has the same error as mine which is :

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.Guid,ObjectPersistencePacket].Add (Guid key, .ObjectPersistencePacket value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PersistenceManager.SaveObject (.Persistence persistence) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PersistenceManager.SaveGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameResources.BuildSaveFile (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameResources.SaveGame (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameState.Autosave () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameState.FinalizeLevelLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LevelStartWrapperExit.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  • Like 1

It will help the dev's if you can upload your save file and output_log.txt (latter from \SteamApps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data). I've got this problem too, and I'm wondering if the bottom of your log has the same error as mine which is :

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.Guid,ObjectPersistencePacket].Add (Guid key, .ObjectPersistencePacket value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PersistenceManager.SaveObject (.Persistence persistence) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameResources.BuildSaveFile (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameResources.SaveGame (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

That is indeed the case with me as well, yes.

Where can I find my savegame file, so I can upload it someplace together with the output log file? Thanks in advance!

I have almost the same problem, except reverse. I am inside raedrics hold, doing everything just fine, but when i try to leave, it fails to load the zone i end up at  (black screen + movement cursor after load screen), and clicking anywhere freezes the game.

• Like 4

I have the same error lines at the bottom of my output_log.txt as well. The game crashes anytime I try to leave to the exterior of the hold (lower ramparts, seige ramparts, courtyard etc). It loads for a bit then goes to a black screen with the movement cursor and if I click anywhere the game does not respond. I am using the steam version.

output_log.txt

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem. I've completed most of the keep, went down to the dungeon area again to finish looting, and now when I try to zone out it goes to black screen with the cursor.  Unfortunately, both my autosave and regular save are in the dungeon, so I'm stuck with waiting or starting over.  Thanks!

Edit: here is my output log info. Seems about the same as others.

Tier1Backer cannot be loaded because the asset bundle type is not supported!

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Tier2Backer cannot be loaded because the asset bundle type is not supported!

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Tier1Backer cannot be loaded because the asset bundle type is not supported!

Edited by kkrraagg

I have almost the same problem, except reverse. I am inside raedrics hold, doing everything just fine, but when i try to leave, it fails to load the zone i end up at  (black screen + movement cursor after load screen), and clicking anywhere freezes the game.

Same issue with me, on the roof, stuck crashing out when trying to load it.  No dice even as admin.  Save the TrialOfIronSave line, mine's roughly the same:

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Guid,ObjectPersistencePacket].Add (Guid key, .ObjectPersistencePacket value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameState.TrialOfIronSave () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I am having the same issue.  Don't feel the need to post my log because it's the same exact issue.  Top of the hold, try to zone in, loading screen, then a black screen that plays effects and it crashes.

All I wanted to do was get loot :(.

Same problem. I've tried multiple exits and I'm sealed in. 

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Guid,ObjectPersistencePacket].Add (Guid key, .ObjectPersistencePacket value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

My game crash also in Raedric but only when i try to re-enter the chapel.

For additional information, it started to crash after i killed Nedmar's men, then i went to osrya to rest and then i could not go back anymore to the chapel.

output_log.txt

Edited by Norida

I occasionally got crashes when area transitioning to and from interior/exterior map in Raedrics - however - the crashing upon reload was isolated (in my case) to the autosave that was made automatically - my previously made quick and manual saves were fine, and though the game would, on occasion, crash again at transition, it wouldn't do so immediately after reloading - however, it would always crash on transition if I loaded from the autosave. 

I've been really really anal about saving before area transitions because the original KOTOR had similar problems and I didn't have internet when I was a teenager, so I just had to deal with the unpatched constant area transition crashes lol. 

Edited by Gallenger

Same things happening to me. Initially entered through the roof down into the Sanctuary, cleared the Sanctuary but didn't have the mechanic skill to get into the two locked rooms. So I went down into the dungeon and cleared that, just talked to the crazy lady and was headed back up to the Sanctuary level, but when I got out into the main level and went to click on the stairs in the kitchen to go back up, the game loaded to a black screen and a movement cursor. I'm stuck right now, all my saves seem to be doing the same thing and I don't have any more recent saves than down in the dungeon. 

Everything was going smoothly, not a single bug and now I'm really sad because I'm stuck because of this.

edit - To add to this. Entering the Sanctuary level from any of it's points leads to the black screen with movement cursor and followed by the game crashing. This is really disappointing :(

Edited by trashmyego

cant leave Hold at all dosent seem to let u out of any doors leaving hold just gose black screen with cog and then  after waiting bit says game has crashed tryed each and every door. same thing ( only seems to crash when leaving )