I can't seem to equip my hero with any weapons and Concelhaut's Parasitic Quarterstaff is stuck (I) weapon setup

cmerick

Question

Title.

I can't seem to equip any other weapons, use my abilities or even edit my grimoire. This weapon is stuck in the weapon slot and it is very clear my character is not actually wielding it or any other weapon.

Hello,

Could you please attach an output log and saved game after you experience this issue in game? You can do this by playing the game until you see the issue, then close the client and copy the files that you find in these locations:

Save Games location:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity\Saves

Output log:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\output_log.txt

Then post the files here along with your system specs or dxdiag.

This should help us greatly to resolve the issue.

Thank you!!!

I made a video highlighting the problem I'm having.

http://www.twitch.tv/uphaz/c/6407707

(it is still processing it may take some time).

I realize I have the spell to summon that staff in battle, but now it seems as if it's stuck in my inventory and will not allow me to use a ranged weapon or even unequip it when not in battle (which seems like a bug).

Edited by cmerick

I'm having the exact same issue, plus my grimoire disappeared. Also, I can remove the staff, give it to someone else, and have it permanently equipped on them.

I'm actually kinda pissed; unless there's a fix, there goes 5-6 hours of gameplay. I really don't want to restart the game, but there's not much point in a wizard character that can't cast spells. Ugh.

Edited by amblingon

I'm having the exact same issue, plus my grimoire disappeared. Also, I can remove the staff, give it to someone else, and have it permanently equipped on them.

I'm actually kinda pissed; unless there's a fix, there goes 5-6 hours of gameplay. I really don't want to restart the game, but there's not much point in a wizard character that can't cast spells. Ugh.

We're going to see what the root of the cause is. I was able to confirm what cmerick had by loading his save. I can see if we can fix up the saves on our side and send them back to you and patch in a fix to prevent this from happening.

amblingon: do you have a save as well?

Twitter: @robyatadero

I was able to confirm what cmerick had by loading his save. I can see if we can fix up the saves on our side and send them back to you and patch in a fix to prevent this from happening.

Once the problem is solved am I going to have to continue from where you have my save? Basically, if I've progressed beyond that point am I going to have to do it again once you send the solution back to me?

Edited by cmerick

Hi there,

Here's my save file:

http://speedy.sh/qhHMJ/6b0916d08f1841a7bf52be7fe37e3146-7989630-TempleofEothas.savegame

Would very much appreciate if the same fix can be applied. Have tried going back to town and resting, etc., to no avail, and apparently using the console disables achievements (and also I wasn't able to find a command that seemed to do the business).

Much obliged for your help. =)

Hey guys, I confirm the bug, as i encountered exactly the same bug, during the Temle of Eorath exploration, Concelhaut Parasitic Quarterstaff replaced my Weapon Set 1 and cant remove it from there, plus my grimoire disappeared as well, thus completely making my Wizard uplayable.

Here is the link with my save as well:

http://speedy.sh/YvwZj/0e0c83aa93924c4ebbc4c324fffbdcd6-8277136-GildedVale.savegame

I would appreciate if you could fix it for me as well. So far i enjoy wizard class run and would rather not to restart the game as im already 6 hours into the gameplay.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by pidzi

Seems like this stuck-staff problem has been happening enough that it's worth patching.

Hopefully it won't be too long before we can all keep playing.

On the upside, it's kinda nostalgic to be reminded like this of the golden rule of old-school RPGs: "save early and save often" =P

Gosh, I wish I hadn't overwritten my autosave. >_>

Thanks Kampffrosh, for the idea. Unfortunately, for a lot of us this issue has also deactivated our grimoire, so the character can no longer cast spells.

Also, a big thanks to Obsidian staff for their quick response on this issue. When can we expect the next patch to go live?

Hello, 

I have had the same issue with my Wizard loosing his Grimoire... Is there an easier way to fix rather than upload my savegame?

If not, what is the best way to upload ? Will this get it fixed....?

I am Pissed that I have just paid 60bucks for a Busted-ass game. Who do I contact for a refund ?

This is my second post to get this fixed.... 

Piss poor effort from the Devs... 

Edit : here is my savegame...   http://www.speedyshare.com/skM9R/8908ed02e61842718585d45956792b93-8807669-TempleofEothas.savegame

Edited by DU66IE

Hello, 

I have had the same issue with my Wizard loosing his Grimoire... Is there an easier way to fix rather than upload my savegame?

If not, what is the best way to upload ? Will this get it fixed....?

I am Pissed that I have just paid 60bucks for a Busted-ass game. Who do I contact for a refund ?

This is my second post to get this fixed.... 

Piss poor effort from the Devs... 

Edit : here is my savegame...   http://www.speedyshare.com/skM9R/8908ed02e61842718585d45956792b93-8807669-TempleofEothas.savegame

Calm down, please. They're already patching this bug out of the game.

In the meantime, I would recommend trying out some of the Steam games you've bought but never yet played. =P

Tried "Gone Home" while I've been waiting, and I am glad I did. "Life is Strange" is great, too.

I'm getting something similar - I did not cast the staff, but cannot use nor equip my grimoire, and the first time I ran into it was in the temple.  Sometimes when I try it reports - "cannot equip while spellcasting is disabled".  Can't find a note online regarding this - in case it was a in-game affliction of some sort.