Local Area Map Incredibly Dark/Difficult to see

Scavar

Question

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's how it's supposed to be I don't know, but I'm having a problem with the local map in game. It shows up way too dark, makes it impossible to really make out anything. I've messed with the gamma option in game and with the various gamme/brightness settings through the nvidia control panel, and yet there you have it, super dark.yxZVqjY.jpg

• Like 1

We looked into this some more and it seems the map sometimes layers incorrectly and ends up becoming darker because of it. This has been fixed for the next patch. We also went ahead and lightened up the explored but not visible areas for more readability as well

This is fantastic! It's a bit bothersome, especially at night. Can remember thinking why everything was still so dark around me, although I had already explored everything :)

I am playing with a laptop with crap screen.

I don't even press the M button anymore, the map is almsot completely pitch black, I can't see anything. I know it is partially my crap screen fault, but there are plenty of other games where I can see the map perfectly fine.

We looked into this some more and it seems the map sometimes layers incorrectly and ends up becoming darker because of it. This has been fixed for the next patch. We also went ahead and lightened up the explored but not visible areas for more readability as well

Thanks so much! For the relatively quick response and fix.

Cheers!

I have the same issue (dungeons very dark, sometimes I can't even seen the walls), I'm glad it will be fixed.

I have also a very dark inventory, the items are almost as dark as the background. Will this be fixed too?

I have also a very dark inventory, the items are almost as dark as the background. Will this be fixed too?

This isn't a bug. It's just something they didn't explain very well. When you go into your inventory, you get the option to highlight a specific item type (armor, weapon, consumable, other, etc) by clicking on the appropriate icon. However, if you click, say, the weapons icon, any weapons in your inventory will be highlighted and everything else in your inventory will be darkened.... to the point where you can't see that they're there.

You've got one of the categories clicked. Unclick it. And everything will go back to being highlighted.

Edited by Stun

I've been busy for awhile so I wasn't able to even check my own post....I wish my map looked like this, but regardless of In-Game, Monitor, or Driver settings my map is not really visible clearly (as my original posted picture). I want to note that all of these settings to affect the game itself, so it isn't that Gamma isn't working at all or that the drivers are generally screwing up. Also I would like to note that I can tell that the map is effected by time of day/weather in the game world but even in broad daylight the map is still basically useless for me, the line of sight bubble is also just vaguely able to be made out.

It does seem as though you've been made aware, assessed, and solved it. Just have to be patient and wait for the patch. Thanks kindly to all the quick responses, even if I wasn't here to see them when they were posted. 

This isn't a bug. It's just something they didn't explain very well. When you go into your inventory, you get the option to highlight a spe item type (armor, weapon, consumable, other, etc) by clicking on the appropriate icon. However, if you click, say, the weapons icon, any weapons in your inventory will be highlighted and everything else in your inventory will be darkened.... to the point where you can't see that they're there.

You've got one of the categories clicked. Unclick it. And everything will go back to being highlighted.

I noticed this feature, but it was the case also with the filters removed. It seems to have been corrected in the 1.0.3 patch.