Local Area Map Incredibly Dark/Difficult to see

Scavar

Question

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's how it's supposed to be I don't know, but I'm having a problem with the local map in game. It shows up way too dark, makes it impossible to really make out anything. I've messed with the gamma option in game and with the various gamme/brightness settings through the nvidia control panel, and yet there you have it, super dark.yxZVqjY.jpg

• Like 1

Having same issue.Its like there is a spotlight around my guy and the fog of war doesn't go away.

"Very well permit me on this night. To break your hearts once more. This is the story of the Chain of Dogs. Of Coltaine of the Crow Clan, newly come fist to the 7th Army"- Duiker:Memories of Ice

Same here

Nice portrait.

We currently darken areas of the map that are beyond the line of sight of your characters. I do agree though that the inconvenience not being able to see the map clearly far out weights the value of line of sight radius information. I'll bring this up and see if we can fix in patch.

• Like 3

In terms of just general brightness (not the spotlight/line of sight effect, which is definitely there), mine's darkish (at default game settings), but still completely visible in the sense I don't feel like it's hard to see. Fair bit brighter than the posted pic anyway. I'm using an IPS monitor - don't know if that would make a difference in how "bright" something is.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Don't know if it'll look the same on other's monitors, but that's what it's like for me. It's not bright and colorful, but perfectly visible.

If adjusting gamma in-game doesn't even increase the overall "brightness" of the map image for some, I'd think that was something else, not just the line-of-sight bubble thing. GPU/driver related maybe?

PoE-Obs-0001.jpg

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

P.S. It is a bit darker in dungeons/at night but I can still make it out fairly well.

Same issue here; IMO, it would benefit increasing brightness a little in dungeons and "night" maps. Would it also be possible to add a level of zoom to local maps?

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

I just tested it and the in-game Gamma settings do not seem to alter the map brightness at all. Only the actual gameplay area brightens.

If you have a GPU control panel or monitor where you can adjust desktop brightness/gamma settings through those, that might help a bit. Not an ideal solution, I know.

I'm also having this issue with the map. The primary game is just fine, and the in-game gama works. However, the map on my system is nearly impossible to see clearly.

This may be a video card/ video driver issue.

I'm using an Nvidia 640GT with latest drivers. Windows7 x64 Pro platform. Let me know what other debug information I can provide.

I would rather not mess with overall system settings to address an application issue. Games aren't the only things I do on my pc :)

-Paul D.

• Like 1

Been struggling with the same issue since the first minute, in the stormy windy night it made some sense, but after that, even in daylight wilderness I really have to strain my eyes to make out details - and I have a color calibrated panel I'm looking at. Seems the combination of the palette and overboard fogging make this game hard on my sight.

the problem, from what i ve seen so far, is that the map is displayed with the same lighting as the actual game world, and if one is dark, so is the other

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Yeah Ive tried everything still a halo of light around my guys l,map is very dark on the perimeter even if I've explored a map fully.Also am loving the game :)

"Very well permit me on this night. To break your hearts once more. This is the story of the Chain of Dogs. Of Coltaine of the Crow Clan, newly come fist to the 7th Army"- Duiker:Memories of Ice