Stuck in Cutscene

Esser-Z

Question

So! I'm really liking the game. For the little bit I got to play it. See, I got out of the first cave, went forward and triggered dialogue. Okay! I go through the dialogue and a cutscene starts. The guy walks forward onto a raised platform and... stops. Nothing else visual happens as dramatic sound plays. The sound finishes and everyone is just standing there, in cutscene mode. I can't do ANYTHING.

17 answers to this question

Hi Esser-Z, 

Can you please attach your output logs and a save game after the issue occurs?

Output log:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\output_log.txt

Save Game:

C:\Users\(username)\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity

Also could you include specs of your system?

Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

I can't post a save from AFTER the issue, because I never regain control--I'm stuck in the cutscene indefinitely. Attached the output log, though.

I'm running on my laptop, Win7x64, Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 Ghz 2.54 ghz, 4gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M graphics. The game has been running totally fine... until this cutscene, where it hangs!

output_log.txt

If you're getting stuck in a cutscene, can you try turning off Anti-Aliasing and report back please?

To turn off Anti-Aliasing press the ` key to open the console and enter msaa 0 and hit enter.

Thanks!

Doesn't work for me. And an off-topic question but why aren't there more graphic options to turn on/off? my game is noticeably smoother after turning aa off, it would be useful to have this kind of stuff out there.

• Like 2

Its not working for me either I have tried using msaa but still hangs on that cutscene

"Very well permit me on this night. To break your hearts once more. This is the story of the Chain of Dogs. Of Coltaine of the Crow Clan, newly come fist to the 7th Army"- Duiker:Memories of Ice

A Reset got me passed the cutscene :)But now there is a spotlight on my guy and the fog of war dosnt go away.Anyone know a way to fix this?

"Very well permit me on this night. To break your hearts once more. This is the story of the Chain of Dogs. Of Coltaine of the Crow Clan, newly come fist to the 7th Army"- Duiker:Memories of Ice

Turning of anti-aliasing and reducing the game's resolution to the lowest possible option fixed the problem for me.

The other thread for the same problem is here.

I too have an i5 Surface Pro 3 and had to do both resolution and AA change to pass this point.