Can't see name in credits

Well, I have a different problem: my name is in the Gold Backer section of the game, and the strategy guide (I still haven't looked for the memorial in-game stone), and rather unbelievably, my name is wrong everywhere, and it's not even the same typos in the different places.

It's very disappointing. Wasn't there any quality control? Did the person responsible for proofreading the gold backer credits on the strategy guide really think that "Joío" is my first name?

Worse, this probably means my physical rewards will come with my name wrong.

My kickstarter profile has my correct name. My survey has my correct name. Why in the hell did this happen? ;(

Well, I have a different problem: my name is in the Gold Backer section of the game, and the strategy guide (I still haven't looked for the memorial in-game stone), and rather unbelievably, my name is wrong everywhere, and it's not even the same typos in the different places.

It's very disappointing. Wasn't there any quality control? Did the person responsible for proofreading the gold backer credits on the strategy guide really think that "Joío" is my first name?

My kickstarter profile has my correct name. My survey has my correct name. Why in the hell did this happen? ;(

That's quite a bummer dude :(

well as supposed, my name isn't in the credits, Do I have to provide my fullname in somewhere?

Did you back game on level that had name in credits reward (Special Thanks in-game credits. It was included in $100+ reward levels [you also should then have silver VIP, Gold, or Watcher forum badge])

They messed up the coding. Special characters seem to have been lost. Sucks to have a non-English name...

My kickstarter profile has my correct name. My survey has my correct name. Why in the hell did this happen? crying.gif

It seems that some where in their copy paste process, non-ascii character in your name has changed to numeric character reference of it. And nobody has noticed it as they have used automated system which results nobody has probably checked thoroughly.

You have my sympathies.

Same here, no name. I could have sworn I had filled the survey, but apparently not - I logged in a couple of days ago and it was open.

I wish I could say I don't mind, but actually I'm rather sad about this. Specially since printed material will probably never have my name. Guess my faltering self-steem needed this small recognition... ;(

For the next Kickstarter, I would recommend Obsidian:

• Having KS usernames appear as a default on credits for appropriate reward levels.
  • Having a survey to allow for name changes.
  • Sending a message to the KS email address notifying affected backers of the survey's existence and deadline.
  • Like 1

• Sending a message to the KS email address notifying affected backers of the survey's existence and deadline.

They did this, although they did it as form of Kickstarter update where they reminded people to fill their surveys.

They did this, although they did it as form of Kickstarter update where they reminded people to fill their surveys.

I understand. Although I meant a "push" type email outside of the regular backer updates, so that it was unmissable. Maybe they did that too and I don't remember it - my memory's not so good these days.

Major bummer sad.png Even though I read most of them I guess I must've filled out the survey late since my name is quite obviously missing. Sending out a timely reminder by email certainly would have been nice. Oh well, at least we made this awesome game happen :)

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Wished I could have backed higher at the time.

Edited by JayDGee

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

I am affected by the same issue. It does not get into my head how this could happen with such a wonderful piece of work. It seems they excluded the backer credits from QA :-(

For some reason my order wasn't processed, I just checked and now it asked me to complete the survey.

am I completely screwed about getting my name in the credits and memorial.

i read the digital strategy guide, my name isn't there

Edited by Node

Hi Chris,

You completed your survey too late for us to make the initial game cutoff, but we'll nab it up in a future patch.

Thanks!

Darren

How do I get my name in the credits too

Do I buy you a beer

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

How do I get my name in the credits too

Do I buy you a beer

You needed to have backed at the $100 tier or higher.

I did, but I glimpsed over the update on filling out the survey - I thought the money I spent on the kickstarter site was enough. These days, when some kickstarter projects have over 100 emails (War for the Underworld is almost at 190) it is easy to glimpse over those emails. I hate myself, right now

Edited by Node

So my question is this. I backed for $85 on kickstarter but then bumped it up to $130 through the backer portal. Should I get my name in the credits? Additionally, shouldnt I have at least the K badge?

Edited by stratus

So my question is this. I backed for $85 on kickstarter but then bumped it up to $130 through the backer portal. Should I get my name in the credits? Additionally, shouldnt I have at least the K badge?

you would have thought the total pledge amount would have accounted for something, I also pledged at $80 and got two expansion and the digital novel (this was before it was added by default)

so yeah, I spent over $100, its a pity that didn't qualify to get my name in the credits.

Edited by matthewfarmery

You can read here what rewards you were entitled to in each given reward level.

http://project-eternity.tumblr.com/post/33540911246/project-eternity-reward-tiers

And you can see that first tier where you get you name in credits is $100 

$100 Game and T-Shirt Tier (Physical Tier, Please add $20 for international shipping outside of the US)

Project Eternity T-Shirt.
Special Thanks in-game credits.
Thank you postcard from the development team.
VIP Forum Badge.
Making of Project Eternity Documentary (Download)
Digital Strategy Guide.
Box Version of Project Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.
Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.
Digital Campaign Almanac.
Digital High-Res Game Map.
Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
Project Eternity Themed Ringtones.
Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
Digital Collector’s Book.
Digital Downloadable Copy of Project Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
Cooking with Tim - An RPG Themed Cookbook PDF

Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.

And on $500 tier and upwards you get your name in special section of credits

$500 Signed Collector’s Edition Plus Tier (Physical Tier, Shipping is included in pledge)

Your name and a personalized message on a memorial stone in-game.
Full Color Printed Hardcover Project Eternity Collector’s Book signed by the development team.
Gold Pledge VIP Forum Badge.
Gold Pledge Special Thanks in-game credits.
Making of Project Eternity Documentary (DVD/Blu-ray)
Collector’s Box Version signed by Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer, and the rest of the Project Eternity team. The game copy is DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.
Elite Version of the Project Eternity Kickstarter Backer Cloth Patch.
Project Eternity’s First Expansion.
Digital Downloadable copy of Wasteland 2 DRM Free.
Digital Audio Book of the Novella by Chris Avellone narrated by a professional voice actor.
Cloth Map of the World.
Project Eternity Mouse Pad.
Early Access Beta Key.
Project Eternity T-Shirt.
Thank you postcard from the development team.
Digital Strategy Guide.
Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.
Digital Campaign Almanac.
Digital High-Res Game Map.
Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
Project Eternity Themed Ringtones.
Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
Digital Collector’s Book.

Digital Downloadable Copy of Project Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
Cooking with Tim - An RPG Themed Cookbook PDF
Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.