[issue] Scrolling with dual-monitors

LiquidThunder

Question

So far, I am loving this game.  However, one problem did jump out at me at the start.  I use a dual-monitor set up and unlike in most games, having Pillars of Eternity full-screen does not appear to "lock" my cursor on to my left screen (where I play my games).  This makes it very difficult, if not impossible, to scroll right by moving my cursor to the edge of the screen as it simply moves into my other monitor.

This is a rather minor issue, but I would greatly appreciate it if it was fixed at some point.  Thanks!

• Like 3

Hi LiquidThunder, we have a Cage Cursor function in Game Options > Graphics.

Also as an ease of use tip, you can use the middle mouse button to drag the camera for quicker more precise control.

Thanks!

That's not working for me on Linux.  I've tried turning it off and on multiple times.

Also as an ease of use tip, you can use the middle mouse button to drag the camera for quicker more precise control.

Thanks!

Hey,

It's that setting that is bugging out, at least for me. Regularly I need go into Options and toggle it off and back on so cursor stays caged.

There isn't any clear trigger for bug as I have gotten it after random conversation, after random battle, during exploring etc. It just stops working and cursor goes wandering to 2nd monitor. Then I need go toggle setting off and back on to prevent cursor from wandering to 2nd monitor.

Edit: Running game through Steam on W8.1

Edited by Tovarisc
  • Like 1

Thanks!

Middle Mouse Button is good to know, but the Cage Mouse function is NOT working for Dual Screen monitors either.

I am having the same issue with cage cursor being buggy.  It will work for awhile and then just stops working and I have a heck of time scrolling since it keeps wanting to go over onto my other monitor.  I have not narrowed down what causes this but I will keep an eye out to see if I can figure it out.

Besides that I have had no other issues with the game and I am absolutely loving it!

• Like 1

We are now aware of an issue causing the Cage Cursor option to stop functioning. I've added it to our database and sent it off to be looked at.

We are still trying to hammer out 100% repro steps at the moment and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I've had the most luck reproing this issue by alt+tabbing during loading screens, what have you guys been doing?

Thanks!

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

This keeps happening to me no matter what I'm doing.

Battle Starts -> Stops working

Battle Ends -> Stops working

Conversation -> Stops working

Exploring -> Stops working at random times

Opening any Character Tab -> Stops working

It's not gamebreaking by any means but it's a little annoying.

• Like 1

"How was I supposed to know it was that stone that held the dragons at bay... I mean it just stood there looking dull anyway"

Gah...

I reported this issue two or three beta revisions ago. Annoying it wasn't already in the bugbase.

I've found that toggling cage cursor isn't necessary to (temporarily) fix it for me. Just alt-tabbing to desktop and back will reset the cage.

Edited by Flow
  • Like 1

I too am having the same issue with the cage cursor. Its seems that every time I enter a map the game "forgets" I have enabled caged cursor. I have to disable and re-enable the caged cursor option for it to work properly once again. 

I reported this in the last backer beta, for me It happens when I alt-tab on loading screens, alt-tab and don't click IN the game window, but on the border and sometimes when I load a save.

Alt-tabbing in and out doesn't work for me - have to untick and re-tick the option.

Edited by Sensuki

We are now aware of an issue causing the Cage Cursor option to stop functioning. I've added it to our database and sent it off to be looked at.

We are still trying to hammer out 100% repro steps at the moment and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I've had the most luck reproing this issue by alt+tabbing during loading screens, what have you guys been doing?

Thanks!

Ok this just happened again for me.  Been playing quite awhile with no issues and came across a scripted event where some townsfolk talk to you.  Once the event was done the cage cursor was broke.  I had to go into settings uncheck, save, go back into settings and re-check and save.

This also occurs to me pretty much constantly. It seems to happen the most reliably after a conversation - the option will cease working unless I turn it off and back on, OR change another option which causes the settings to be saved (e.g. changing scroll speed). I haven't tried alt-tabbing to get the cursor cage to work again, will see if that works.

Hello, just adding to the voices of others.

Confirming that it happens when any dialogue is opened, also any menu access, and upon battle starting and ending.

Glad to see this is being looked at, loving the game so far, don't want this to detract from the experience!

Thanks!

Cage cursor works until a forced conversation or cut scene activates and then it stops working..... If you turn it off close out of the options then turn it back on it works until the next forced convo/cut scene/animation

This is exactly what I am experiencing and the only time it appears to break.

Is there any way to force the game to use a real fullscreen mode instead of the borderless window mode it uses by default?

Reason: I might want to use DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) and/or GSync. Both of which are only available in fullscreen mode. 

Cage cursor works until a forced conversation or cut scene activates and then it stops working..... If you turn it off close out of the options then turn it back on it works until the next forced convo/cut scene/animation

Seems to be the case for me.

Cage Cursor not working is really, really, really annoying.

Edit: OK  so I load the game (Win7 64bits, mixed resolution dual screen, display through latest stable AMD Omega drivers)), click Continue, Appear at my last save (in the street, doing nothing) and Cage Cursor does not work. I have to go into options, disable it and re-enable it to make it work a little while. I Alt tab to write this message and Cage Cursor still works, for now.

Edited by BlackyNoir