Question to owners of the physical Strategy Guide

Checking the pdf delivered with the Steam version, the Thank You -section has all  non-US English characters printed as their HTML entitiy counterparts (for example, one backer's laste name "Metsävainio", is listed as "Metsävainio"). I'm wondering if this is the case with the printed book as well?

My own name luckily didn't contain any accented characters, but I can imagine how some backers might feel seeing their names as a pretty unappealing mangled mess.

yes..i looked at page 510 last column and found mangled names in the physical strat guide.

That's a real shame :( Hope the people affected can take it in stride, but I can imageine some will definitely be quite dissapointed, especially if they've ordered the phsyical guide.

But the game is fun and the guide is good otherwise, so like I said, here's hoping everyone can just laugh about it and look past something that's obviously just a human error in transferring the user submitted data.

yes..i looked at page 510 last column and found mangled names in the physical strat guide.

Wow, that's sad. And I really have to wonder how this slipped through, because it's pretty much impossible to miss if you look at the backer list for more than 3 seconds.

Yep, this was a bad oversight on someone's part.  A lot of backers had non-ASCII characters in their names.

I could speculate on why this was overlooked, but that it was overlook simply… boggles.

Proofing.  It's what's for dinner.

• Like 1

--/\/

Thanks for letting me know. I then skip that guide which is a shame as the rest of it looks fantastic.

But the game is fun and the guide is good otherwise, so like I said, here's hoping everyone can just laugh about it and look past something that's obviously just a human error in transferring the user submitted data.

I am unable to laugh about it. They wanted to say thanks to people like me and crippled my name when doing so.

For the digital version I think it is easy to fix - just edit the names and you are fine. For the printed version I will just skip it being fine with it as well. In my opinion they better had skipped the Backer Credits than messing it up that way.

A big reason I purchased the physical strat guide was because of appearing in the thank you credits. Luckily my name is not butchered but I am sorry to see that others are not so fortunate. I would not have purchased the physical guide if I was affected, however it is a very nice guide and well worth the 28.00 that I paid.

Edited by Byeohazard

A big reason I purchased the physical strat guide was because of appearing in the thank you credits. Luckily my name is not butchered but I am sorry to see that others are not so fortunate. I would not have purchased the physical guide if I was affected, however it is a very nice guide and well worth the 28.00 that I paid.

I ordered the physical guide and my name was also a bit messed up due to an "&" in the names. In the actual game credits though it looks just fine so I'm cool with that. If anything, if they every decide to do another printing of the book, I'll still have the first edition, flaws and all. :) And it's a very nice book.

I ordered the physical guide and my name was also a bit messed up due to an "&" in the names. In the actual game credits though it looks just fine so I'm cool with that. If anything, if they every decide to do another printing of the book, I'll still have the first edition, flaws and all. original.gif And it's a very nice book.

It's a very nice book indeed! High quality! Looks like Amazon went down in the price and refunded me about 4 bucks so that was nice also! I must say I am really happy with the entire package...game, guide, goodies..whole ball of wax! Pleased!

Edited by Byeohazard

I ordered the physical guide and my name was also a bit messed up due to an "&" in the names. In the actual game credits though it looks just fine so I'm cool with that. If anything, if they every decide to do another printing of the book, I'll still have the first edition, flaws and all. :) And it's a very nice book.

Well, the book is meant to only be a one-time printing/limited edition (which is expressly stated on Amazon).

The Dude abides.

I was really hoping my name was going to be in the printed strategy guide, because it's not in the game's credits or the digital guide. But alas, it's not.

I don't know why I filled out the survey if they weren't going to use my name. I'd rather have been assigned some random name with ൨ in it than nothing at all.

At this point, when my actual game arrives, I wouldn't be surprised if instead of a small shirt, I get an XL just because Obsidian is messing with me :p

Edited by Kaldaien