[1.0.2.0508][OSX] Can't ALT+TAB out of the game

Quantics

Question

I'm having a frustrating issue at the moment where I am completely unable to minimise/switch to desktop. 

I've tried swiping, cmd+tab, alt+tab, cmd+f, to no effect.

cmd+alt+esc completely exits the game without a warning/dialog window. 

Also, it doesn't matter if the Steam overlay (shift+tab) is on or not. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

PS: I'm running Yosemite.

3 answers to this question

I'm having a frustrating issue at the moment where I am completely unable to minimise/switch to desktop. 

I've tried swiping, cmd+tab, alt+tab, cmd+f, to no effect.

cmd+alt+esc completely exits the game without a warning/dialog window. 

Also, it doesn't matter if the Steam overlay (shift+tab) is on or not. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

PS: I'm running Yosemite.

Yes I am experiencing this also. Very frustrating!

Yosemite as well :banghead:

I figured out a workaround.

Hit CMD+F to toggle windowed mode. From there you'll be able to see your dock and minimise the game. 

It looks like a Unity bug to me, so am not sure if it's going to be fixable. Mind you, I like the current behaviour better that before, where you the dock would show up overtime you hovered your mouse towards the bottom of the screen.

From the documentation of Unity, there are only 2 modes of relevance on MacOS:

• capture the display: it is not possible to switch to other applications but the screen resolution can be set to whatever the games want
  • fullscreen window: Unity creates a window which covers the whole screen and it is possible to switch to other apps but the resolution is necessarily the desktop resolution

I guess PoE captures the display. It would be nice to have the other option. That would mean changing the desktop resolution for those players who feel inclined to play at smaller resolution than their desktop, which could mean messing up with the position ad size of the windows of the other apps. Indeed some games seem to be able to restore the desktop as it was before a resolution change but others don't. If PoE were to implement fullscreen window without restoration of the desktop, I would never use that option really!

Edited by ljbo