How do you open the console?

~

I tried both shift-# (which is ~) and just the key that~ is on (i.e. #) on it's own, but no console opens

Unless you're using a non-U.S. keyboard the tilde key (`) is indeed what opens the console. Should be able to just hit that key, hit enter and type iroll20s to activate console commands. I have no idea what the non-U.S.-standard key equivalent is, sorry.

I don't think we know if using the console breaks/disables the Steam achievements, btw. Depends how they were implemented? So if those are really important to you, might want to hold off on using console commands.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Iirc from an earlier thread opening the console and changing the zoom parameters does not. It's only if you enable other commands by typing iroll20s that you disable achievements (only for that playthrough though).

I'll try to dig up the dev post and link it here.

EDIT: dev posts: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70495-the-range-of-zoom-amount-seems-very-limited/?do=findComment&comment=1569430

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70495-the-range-of-zoom-amount-seems-very-limited/?do=findComment&comment=1569432

Edited by MasterPrudent

~

I tried both shift-# (which is ~) and just the key that~ is on (i.e. #) on it's own, but no console opens

Unless you're using a non-U.S. keyboard the tilde key (`) is indeed what opens the console. Should be able to just hit that key, hit enter and type iroll20s to activate console commands. I have no idea what the non-U.S.-standard key equivalent is, sorry.

I have a UK keyboard. Where is the tilda key on US keyboards? Mine is accessed by shift-#, the # key is two keys right of the "L" key
Edited by Oxford_Guy

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

On a U.S. keyboard, the tilde key (`, ~) is located to the left of the 1 key, right above the Tab key. 

Okay, that sounds like the ` key on a UK keyboard, will give that a go, thanks

On a U.S. keyboard, the tilde key (`, ~) is located to the left of the 1 key, right above the Tab key. 

Okay, that sounds like the ` key on a UK keyboard, will give that a go, thanks

Yup, hitting the ` key (above tab, to the left of the 1 key) works to open the console on a UK keyboard, thanks for the help!

• 2 years later...