Are items not supposed to stack?

Found a cloak; +5 reflex, +5 willpower, +5 the other one.

Then found gloves, +5 reflex... however wearing the glove doesn't add a bonus, since it doesn't stack with the cloak bonus. I doubt a superitem was already found very early in the start making other items moot soon after, or is that working as intended after all?

*confused*

EDIT: As a note, you may want to add an error adding too many camping supplies, didn't knew why it wouldn't take. Atleast trying to put stuff from my stash in my inventory gave an error message that I needed to rest or go to a proper location to do that...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Think of it like all the items casting the same buff on you. If you cast "Increased Accuracy +3" seven times on the same person, the spell's just going to keep overwriting itself. It's not going to simply add up.

Not that there's anything wrong with the notion of equipment effects stacking, as in some other games. But, it's just two different ways of doing it.

If they didn't choose to do it this way, then all the +X Reflex items you found would simply be wayyyyyy, way simpler, so that you couldn't find several by level 3 and just gain ungodly amounts of defense.

It also allows individual items to be that much awesomer. "Oh wow! A cloak that gives +17 Reflex?!" Instead of just "Oh, add that to my pool of Reflex boosting from everything else I'm wearing, LOLZ!"

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

There is a tooltip in the cyclopedia that discusses stacking. Although I cannot recall everything discussed in it, I do remember that weapon effects are supposed to stack and that equipment bonuses aren't (equipment is mentioned above). Also, it has information regarding passive effects and module effects (can't recall what it said on that).

This is really not convenient. In Divinity Original Sin I had to spend hours to sort items in the inventory before patch. And now in Pillars sorting is presented from launch but now I have to spend hours replacing items on my chars through 12 windows for better bonus (1 inventory, 1 status, both x6 chars). High-end items with bonuses to different stats at once make things only worse.

There is so much info I have to keep in my head every time I shop.

And I cant think of any convenient interface for speeding up this process. And the only useful thing could be 'Autosuggest' button based on priority of stats for the character, which (thing), seems to be not so easy fix.

Just wondering... I found boots of +3 reflex somewhere hidden, but it's the most pathetic item ever since I got my party already decked out with cloaks and rings of +5 to all 3, amulets of +10, and other amulets of +5.

All well before finding these boots in low-level areas :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee