[Bug] Highlight Interactables

madPav3L

Question

I would like to rebind Highlight Interactables to "left alt" key but when I change the key it stops working in-game.

I can bind it to any other key and it works just fine but not with left alt...

I am used to have this function on left alt key from Diablo and other ARPG games, please fix this.

Thanks

11 answers to this question

Same issue here, really annoying I must say.

Version: 1.0.2.0508 -steam, OS: Windows 7 64-bit

EDIT:

I found the work-around until it's fixed.

1. Download and install AutoHotkey http://www.autohotkey.com/

2. Create a script and paste into this trivial code:

LAlt::
send, {n down}
Return

LAlt UP::
send, {n up}
Return
3. Hook up highlight in the game controls to 'n'
4. Enjoy hold-highlighting with left alt

Issue: You cannot use leftalt so to e.g. alt-tab while running the script you need to use right alt.

Disclaimer: I cannot guarantee 100% that it doesn't violate EULA, that it doesn't trigger some 3rd party detection software etc.; it would be ridiculous but just in case: use it at your own risk.
Edited by anomer

Apparently, POE does not like modifier keys being hijacked (tools like autohotkey). For CRPGs, I have AHK files for different games like baldurs gate, DAO, icewinddale etc but they dont work with POE properly.

Weird.. this function works for me just fine.

What's your set-up ?

Yeah, the function works on TAB but if you change it to Left Alt, it does not work, it's simple as that.

Edited by madPav3L

But it does for him (we talked), it's the problem that happens only on some machines, likely why they didn't catch it before the release.

Apparently, POE does not like modifier keys being hijacked (tools like autohotkey). For CRPGs, I have AHK files for different games like baldurs gate, DAO, icewinddale etc but they dont work with POE properly.

Did you try the code I posted? It works flawlessly for me.

But it does for him (we talked), it's the problem that happens only on some machines, likely why they didn't catch it before the release.

I did not test it, I use alt+tab a lot during play and using right alt for it is just as bad as the bug itself...

I have to hope they fix it.

• Like 1

I did not test it, I use alt+tab a lot during play and using right alt for it is just as bad as the bug itself...

I have to hope they fix it.

Same here, and same reason the proposed solution won't work for me. Here's hoping it gets ironed out.