Console Commands/Cheats

Regarding that Animancy hearing bug. I found a way past it (or any bugged quest for that matter).

1. Download http://rien-ici.com/iemod/ and install according to instructions.

2. To open console press ~

Advance Quest
First, you need to get the internal names of your active quests using ListActiveQuests
This will yield a bunch of lines such as data/quests/00_dyrford_ulterior_motives.quest -- sometimes you'll have to guess which quest is which, for instance this name is assigned to Dyrford's quest known to players as "Cat and Mouse".
Once you know the exact internal name, use ForceAdvanceQuest name
Example: ForceAdvanceQuest data/quests/00_dyrford_ulterior_motives.quest

In my case it was data\quests\critical_path\act_2\cp_qst_ducal_palace.quest

Obsidian said they are working on fixing that bug and it might come as early as next week, but for now this will do i guess.

Is there any command to de-level an NPC? basically redo his level up?

With the IE mod installed, you can 'respec' the PC or a companion using the changeclass command.

The format is changeclass charactername class.

This will reset the character to level 0 and allow the player to re-create them how they wish. 

Example: changeclass aloth wizard would keep his class but allow reassigning of his attributes, skills and talents.

Example: changeclass aloth fighter would change him into a fighter (not recommended if you want the story to make sense).

Don't quit, save or transition a character at level 0 - ensure they are at least level 1 first.

Hello,

I have a big problem... I respec my main "the hero" because he was very bad. I used IE Mod and the console command. But now i have no more the special abilites. I m level 7 ...

How can i get them back ?

Losing abilities... sounds very much like the double click bug, which they are working on. It's unclear at this point whether a fix will be retroactive though.

I'm not sure if re-adding them via console would be 100% safe with a patch so probably best to wait and see when they release the patch.

So what should i do ?

Wait for the patch. Add manualy the abilities ( but which one) ? Or begin a new game, i already played 21h on this game.

So does the AttributeScore edit permanently stick if made to the character early in the game or not? Reading the thread, I'm still not clear on this.

It did for me. I changed my stats right after the intro and now in act 3 they are still the same(not including gear)

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Hey does anyone know how to unlock the console commands in the game.  I looked up some and seen theres some console commands for some but some commands are locked how do you unlock them, the developers seem to have locked those commands and I wanna unlock them

To get access to all console commands you need a fantastic mod (that offers a lot more on it's own) called: IE Mod at: http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/1/?

Here is a list of all console commands: http://rien-ici.com/iemod/console

Regarding how to access the "console", you need the correct "key" (it's the one above TAB key). Worst case scenario is just that you enable the language bar and press key-combination to switch from your native keyboard layout to US standard (then you can use key above TAB), or you figure out placement for your region that is the same. Sidenote example, on a Swedish (Nordic) keyboard users have to press the Ö-key to open the console, so keep pressing your "native language" keys and one of them should theoretically work.

Edited by Avalonica
  • Like 1

So does the AttributeScore edit permanently stick if made to the character early in the game or not? Reading the thread, I'm still not clear on this.

It did for me. I changed my stats right after the intro and now in act 3 they are still the same(not including gear)

Thank you.

Hey, I used "skill player mechanics 10" to set my mechanic up to I could disarm some traps. When I loaded my save game later the skill was back down to what it was before. 

Anyone know if that is normal?

Hey, I used "skill player mechanics 10" to set my mechanic up to I could disarm some traps. When I loaded my save game later the skill was back down to what it was before. 

Sounds like your game was patched and it retroactively 'fixed' some values.

You've probably already done so, but if not just redo the cheat.

Sounds like your game was patched and it retroactively 'fixed' some values.

You've probably already done so, but if not just redo the cheat.

since the patch ive had to reapply the skills every time I load a saved file

From the description, I'd assume that that won't change conversations/reactions, it would just make it so that the Holy Radiance ability (which I don't have and don't want/need) wasn't affected by disposition. At most it would remove the points based on my divine alignment, but I don't have one because I'm not a priest.

I want NPCs to focus on the high level of honesty instead of the one point in deception, since the only people I've lied to are bad guys so that I could get a better outcome. Since they apparently aren't smart enough to do that, I'd like a console command that'll just get rid of the deception point. The only one I've found doesn't appear to work.

For those wondering how to add talents:

You only need to type AddTalent talentname.

Not AddTalent player talentname.

All talent names will also start with tln_.

Example: AddTalent tln_body_control will give the player the Body Control talent.

Most are guessable on how they are named in the console, but if the talent required isn't recognised, the names can all be found in the \objectbundle\ folder.

From the description, I'd assume that that won't change conversations/reactions, it would just make it so that the Holy Radiance ability (which I don't have and don't want/need) wasn't affected by disposition. At most it would remove the points based on my divine alignment, but I don't have one because I'm not a priest.

I want NPCs to focus on the high level of honesty instead of the one point in deception, since the only people I've lied to are bad guys so that I could get a better outcome. Since they apparently aren't smart enough to do that, I'd like a console command that'll just get rid of the deception point. The only one I've found doesn't appear to work.

DispositionAddPoints deceptive -10 should remove your point in Deception.

Skill cheats don't work anymore. I'm guessing it's part of the retro fix to strip whatever seems like buffs. Well, they have to be reapplied but given that the cheats only work early and late in the game, same difference.

This isn't my comment, but maybe you could try this and hopefully when you load the save file it will be as you wanted:

szsleepy

The Skill command

Skill charname skillname value - example: Skill player stealth 10 (player is what you type in when you mean your own character). Example2: Skill Companion_Aloth(Clone)_1 stealth 10)

It seems as though the value is the amount of points that have been spent on the skill, rather than the resulting skill rating. For example, to get rating 6, you need to have spent (1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 = 21) points to get there. Skill player Mechanics 21 will translate to rank 6.

This is also assuming you have no bonuses. If you do (for example, have Laborer as your background, gives +1 mechanics) then "Skill player Mechanics 21" will result in skill rank 7.

Just thought I would throw this out there, as I had to fumble with this command for a bit to make it work the way I wanted.

For those wondering how to add talents:

You only need to type AddTalent talentname.

Not AddTalent player talentname.

All talent names will also start with tln_.

Example: AddTalent tln_body_control will give the player the Body Control talent.

Most are guessable on how they are named in the console, but if the talent required isn't recognised, the names can all be found in the \objectbundle\ folder.

actually, the proper way to do this is to use the command:

FindCharater [charactername]

first.  then you use THAT when you specify who will get a talent or ability.

so if your player name is Bob, you would type:

findcharacter Bob

and the result would look something like:

player_new_game(Clone)_0

then you use THAT to specify who gets an ability or talent:

addtalent player_new_game(Clone)_0 tln_two_handed_weapon_talent

also same for addability.

sometimes it works if you just type in the regular character name, but sometimes not.  it ALWAYS works if you type in the actual name the game uses internally for that character.