Console Commands/Cheats

Additionally, I was unable to use AttributeScore on my player character later in the game (but I did it just fine in the camp after game launch), or on hired Adventurer's. There was no issue in using it on Aloth, for example, multiple times, however. 

All in all there's a lot left to figure out.

Yes, this is quite annoying, I even tried to go back to the first save before I used the codes. But they still didn't work. Seems like if you gotta cheat you gotta do it way big so you don't have to use the codes again. Is this the case with traits as well?

Guys, I managed to solve this. All you have to do is write AttributeScore Player_New_Game Might 20 (For example).

You need to write "Player_New_Game"

I managed to solve this when I tried inserting "God" mode. And my characters name was written like that. Try out. So far it works. 

I've registered here just to say that xD 

Your welcome~ *Lara poofs* 

• Like 1

Not a huge deal, but running a group of custom PC's and I'd like to just even out the XP so the level at the same time instead of one at a time.

Yeah, I'm doing the same thing. Kinda frustrating when the main character is so far ahead of the others. =/

Also, does anyone know what to use when trying to do attributescore name stat # on player made companions? I know you need to use "player" for the MC, but can't figure out how to boost the custom companions. =/

Regardless, thanks to everyone who has posted helping out here so far. =)

So I had a glitch where the game gave me a *NAME ERROR* character, no picture or anything, stuck inside the terrain. I used the console to manage my party and dismiss them, letting me continue the game.

If I save and load, the console will be deactivated, right? Will that let me continue to earn achievements, or is that game achievement-nullified forever?

So I had a glitch where the game gave me a *NAME ERROR* character, no picture or anything, stuck inside the terrain. I used the console to manage my party and dismiss them, letting me continue the game.

If I save and load, the console will be deactivated, right? Will that let me continue to earn achievements, or is that game achievement-nullified forever?

I think it's a safe bet that you won't be able to earn any achievements on that game anymore. After all, what would be the point of disabling achievements if they were just re-enabled after the console commands were turned back off? You could just start a new game, give yourself max stats, experience, money, abilities, and whatever else you might want, disable the console commands and then have a hell of an easier time getting some of those more challenging achievements.

Also, does anyone know what to use when trying to do attributescore name stat # on player made companions? I know you need to use "player" for the MC, but can't figure out how to boost the custom companions. =/

In order to apply console commands to player made companions, you first need to know each companion's assigned identity.

To find an identity open the console and type:  FindCharacter charactername.

Something like companion_generic(clone)_0 will be shown in the UI text box. Make a note of each of your companion's identities for easy reference and to save repeating this process.

If your custom companion has any spaces in their name, i.e. Stabby McStabsworth, only enter the first name before any spaces occur.

Example: if you wanted to make Stabby's base might score 20, you would type: iroll20s, followed by attributescore companion_generic(clone)_0 might 20.

Cant EDIT: I took the liberty of cleaning up the quotes for you when I approved the post, Ardan. If I made a mistake, PM me and we'll get it squared. Otherwise, welcome to the forum and happy gaming!

Just to mention, at least a few/some of the console commands don't require the iroll20s and won't disable achievements at all. Like the setzoomrange or msaa ones. Those are more functional commands (just need to open console and type them in).

The iroll20 ones are the "cheat" console and do disable. :) Although I don't know if it's for just a play session or forever, either.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Kinda frustrating when the main character is so far ahead of the others. =/

The easiest way to have a same level custom party is to create them using the console with opencharactercreationNewcompanion cost level, rather than at the inn.

For example: iroll20s, followed by opencharactercreationNewcompanion 0 3

Had to make an edit. For some reason not all of the bolded letters showed up. :shrugz:

Edited by Ardan Reddy

These working for everyone? Trying to set my Intellect to 20 with my Orlan philosopher since I really want to play an Orlan philosopher but I'm also really lusting after the 20 intellect of my deathlike artist. But it doesn't work and I don't think I'm putting it in wrong since I don't get one of those 'no command or script' things but the stats don't increase either.

EDIT:

iroll20s to enable the console and AttributeScore Devran Intellect 20 should work yeah?

EDIT II:

Works fine if you do it reeeaaaallllyyyy early.

Edited by Fredward

These working for everyone? Trying to set my Intellect to 20 with my Orlan philosopher since I really want to play an Orlan philosopher but I'm also really lusting after the 20 intellect of my deathlike artist. But it doesn't work and I don't think I'm putting it in wrong since I don't get one of those 'no command or script' things but the stats don't increase either.

EDIT:

iroll20s to enable the console and AttributeScore Devran Intellect 20 should work yeah?

I'm assuming Devran is your player character?

If that's the case then the format would be: attributescore player intellect 20. Literally input the word "player", not your character's name.

The "AddItem" command works fine when you want a normal sword but nothing else it seems.

Has anybody else found out anyrhing related to it?

The AddItem command requires two parameters: objectname and quantity.

Example: additem fluffy_bunny_warhammer_03 1

All of the objectnames can be found in: \game directory\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle

In case, cheatengine = quite evolved control & debug of character + several others parts of the game (that script is quite evolved already).

Then, stange how it goes, with an achievement needed for "completion" only available if game is backed + brought from Steam ? !

No surprise this said, a tool exist based upon use it is made of.

Adaptation, I guess an editor would be what we need, any word about that so far ?

No luck with the 'AttributeScore' command. Others are working though. 

This appears to be my post limit for today...

I can only suggest that you ensure cheats are enabled with iroll20s typed in before any other commands. You'll get a notification when cheats are on in the UI text box. This will, of course, also disable achievements for the entirety of the game it is used with.

Also, if it is your player character (main character) you need to input player as your charactername, not the character's actual name.

Example: attributescore player intellect 18.

For default companions then yes, you type in their actual name.

Example: attributescore aloth intellect 18

For custom companions you'll need to find out their assigned ID first and use that instead of their actual names (explained in a previous post).

If I use the AddAbility command to re-enable the abilities my character lost to the double-click inventory bug, can I remove the ineffective duplicates? Would be especially relevant if the hotfix is retroactive.

Anyone know if there's a cheat to raise notoriety for a specific faction?

I'm pretty close to end game, but I still can't get the records Eder needs in Defiance Bay because I'm not "well established" enough. Considering where I am (Twin Elms) I don't think there's anything else I can do to raise the notoriety high enough -- currently at eccentric (slightly mixed) -- and I can't find any other way to get what I need. It's rather frustrating.

Hello,

I have a big problem... I respec my main "the hero" because he was very bad. I used IE Mod and the console command. But now i have no more the special abilites. I m level 7 ...

How can i get them back ?

Edited by Arzargul

Thank you for this post! I've never really been into achievements. I'll use this to add gold. I used the CLUAConsole in the BG series for the same reason. I always hated being direly poor in RPG's when some of the best gear comes from random shops instead of bosses or secret treasure chests.

I'm pretty close to end game, but I still can't get the records Eder needs in Defiance Bay because I'm not "well established" enough. Considering where I am (Twin Elms) I don't think there's anything else I can do to raise the notoriety high enough -- currently at eccentric (slightly mixed) -- and I can't find any other way to get what I need. It's rather frustrating.

You could use the Cheat Engine table made for this game. Just google; Pillars of Eternity cheat engine and it should be at the top. Using the table you can change rep, stats on your player character and so forth.

What the game really needs is Shadow Keeper. Ah, the things you could do in BG2 with Shadow Keeper.

Cheats on, followed by: reputationaddpoints twinelms positive 8

Should work.

Hello,

I have a big problem... I respec my main "the hero" because he was very bad. I used IE Mod and the console command. But now i have no more the special abilites. I m level 7 ...

How can i get them back ?

Losing abilities... sounds very much like the double click bug, which they are working on. It's unclear at this point whether a fix will be retroactive though.

I'm not sure if re-adding them via console would be 100% safe with a patch so probably best to wait and see when they release the patch.