Console Commands/Cheats

Hey does anyone know how to unlock the console commands in the game.  I looked up some and seen theres some console commands for some but some commands are locked how do you unlock them, the developers seem to have locked those commands and I wanna unlock them

Double thread.  I removed the other one since this one had more in it.  Good luck, Noelle.  Don't cheat *too* much with the console commands!  :Cant's wink and grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hit the tilde (`) key, hit enter and type: iroll20s to unlock the console commands (disables achievements).

Just did a quick test and it seems to work, although I found after a scene transition certain commands no longer had any affect (such as AttributeScore and Skill), while others such as GivePartyMoney did. No idea why, but that's what I saw from a quick test of it.

Double thread.  I removed the other one since this one had more in it.  Good luck, Noelle.  Don't cheat *too* much with the console commands!  :Cant's wink and grin icon:

This thread doesn't have any info on console commands?

Where can we find a list of the commands?

Commands are;

AddAbility playername nameofability (i.e.; AddAbility Lucinius Field_Triage will give the player named Lucinius the Field Triage ability)

AddItem itemname stackcountamount

AdvanceTimeByHour numberofhours

AttributeScore playername attributename amount (i.e.; AttributeScore Lucinius Might 18 will give the player named Lucinius a base Might score of 18)

SetTime timewanted (with 24 being midnight)

Skill playername skillname amount (i.e.; Skill Lucinius Athletics 6 will give the player named Lucinius a base Athletics score of 6)

GivePlayerMoney amount

RemovePlayerMoney amount

AddExperience amount

Any idea on how to open the console on a non-us keyboard? :\

You could look around your keyboard and try to find the [ ` ] (Backquote) key. Or you could head into the options menu and bind it to another key.

Edited by Ark Evensong
  • Like 2

Commands are;

AddAbility playername nameofability (i.e.; AddAbility Lucinius Field_Triage will give the player named Lucinius the Field Triage ability)

AddItem itemname stackcountamount

AdvanceTimeByHour numberofhours

AttributeScore playername attributename amount (i.e.; AttributeScore Lucinius Might 18 will give the player named Lucinius a base Might score of 18)

SetTime timewanted (with 24 being midnight)

Skill playername skillname amount (i.e.; Skill Lucinius Athletics 6 will give the player named Lucinius a base Athletics score of 6)

GivePlayerMoney amount

RemovePlayerMoney amount

AddExperience amount

Anyway to add talents? AddTalent command doesn't work(which is not included on that list tho).

Also "AddAbility Lucinius Field_Triage"  < this template doesn't work. Field Triage is a talent I believe.

Edited by dream1r

AddAbility is what is used for talents. I don't get it either, but that's how it is. I used the following two to test and they both worked;

AddAbility Lucinius Field_Triage

AddAbility Lucinius Wound_Binding

In lieu of "Lucinius", of course, you would use whatever the name of your character is. However, in testing most others didn't work and I assume because I didn't know the name the game uses for id. For example, I tried AddAbility Lucinius Sanctifier and nothing happened. I'm guessing that's because while the talent name is Sanctifier, the game adds something else onto it.

Additionally, I was unable to use AttributeScore on my player character later in the game (but I did it just fine in the camp after game launch), or on hired Adventurer's. There was no issue in using it on Aloth, for example, multiple times, however. 

All in all there's a lot left to figure out.

Initially I was having trouble using these cheats for my character then with a little experimentation I found you need to put "Player" for the primary character not their name.

Shall I have to hunt you down like the sorry dog that you are?

Interplay shall never truly die while we remember her.

Initially I was having trouble using these cheats for my character then with a little experimentation I found you need to put "Player" for the primary character not their name.

That works. Testing it out I was able to add a few talents to my main. Some I wasn't able to, however, but I'm certain it's a name id issue and not a syntax issue now, thanks.

We should make a list here, of all the known commands ??

I could add:

Rest (let you rest anywhere, without supplies)

HealParty

ManageParty
SetZoomRange (minValue maxValue)

HelmetVisibility (true/false)

CraftingDebug

There are many more, but I can't find my list, I know i wrote them down somewhere :)

• Like 2

UFWDJRj.jpg

Any idea on how to open the console on a non-us keyboard? :\

You could look around your keyboard and try to find the [ ` ] (Backquote) key. Or you could head into the options menu and bind it to another key.

I tried to bind it to "ò", and got this warning:

"BackQuote is already bound to Toggle Console". :facepalm:

So, if you are using an Italian keyboard: it should be the key right of the "L".

I've come to burn your kingdom down

Curious how one selects a player to do one of these cheats on. Attempting to AddExperience to a particular character who is under leveled, and it's adding to *all* players when I don't specify. Then erroring when I try to type in a characters name, or even number on the order I have them listed. Tried a myriad of different ways to make this work. 

AddAbility is what is used for talents. I don't get it either, but that's how it is. I used the following two to test and they both worked;

AddAbility Lucinius Field_Triage

AddAbility Lucinius Wound_Binding

In lieu of "Lucinius", of course, you would use whatever the name of your character is. However, in testing most others didn't work and I assume because I didn't know the name the game uses for id. For example, I tried AddAbility Lucinius Sanctifier and nothing happened. I'm guessing that's because while the talent name is Sanctifier, the game adds something else onto it.

Additionally, I was unable to use AttributeScore on my player character later in the game (but I did it just fine in the camp after game launch), or on hired Adventurer's. There was no issue in using it on Aloth, for example, multiple times, however. 

Doesn't work for me somehow. I ofc write my char's name there. Also game didn't accept "_" for class abilities f.e I had to write "BruteForce" instead of "Brute_Force" for it to work but neither "FieldTriage" nor "Field_Triage"  worked. :/

Alright @Amelyssan's solution worked but it adds talents to ability section in character sheet, instead of talent section. Why can't we cheat properly in this game :D

Edited by dream1r

Hit the tilde (`) key, hit enter and type: iroll20s to unlock the console commands (disables achievements).

Just did a quick test and it seems to work, although I found after a scene transition certain commands no longer had any affect (such as AttributeScore and Skill), while others such as GivePartyMoney did. No idea why, but that's what I saw from a quick test of it.

Is "disable achievements" permanently to a profile or just while console commands are unlocked?

Is "disable achievements" permanently to a profile or just while console commands are unlocked?

I have no idea. I've heard some say that it flags the save when you use the iroll20s command and achievements are then disabled for the entire playthrough, but I've also heard some say that if you save and reload you can get achievements. I'd be happy to test it out and see except achievements aren't working yet for Steam (there are no achievements visible; game is improperly categorized on Steam, I believe). So, until they get those working there's no real loss from cheating even if it does flag the save, although if they get turned on later and it does flag the save you are, obviously boned.

Dream1r; interesting. I just tested it out and anything with a space, for me, in the name requires an underscore (_) for me, and does not work if I remove the space;

AddAbility Aloth Field_Triage works for me, but

AddAbility Aloth FieldTriage doesn't.

Odd.

Also, you can see the actual names of abilities/talents in the objectbundle folder, apparently. I've yet to go through it and test a number of them out to see if it can resolve my earlier issue, but the folder is Steam/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsofEternity_Data/assetbundles/prefabs/objectbundle if anyone else needs them. 

Yes, this is quite annoying, I even tried to go back to the first save before I used the codes. But they still didn't work. Seems like if you gotta cheat you gotta do it way big so you don't have to use the codes again. Is this the case with traits as well?

Having an issue with selecting the people in my group to hand experience to a specific person. 

Initially I could just add XP to the whole group. Never anyone in particular. However, now, the console is having an exception no matter what I put into it. Not a huge deal, but running a group of custom PC's and I'd like to just even out the XP so the level at the same time instead of one at a time. Does anyone have the syntax I need to go through in order to do this? Is it: 

AddExperience NAME XP#

Or something else?

There's the [AddExperienceToLevel #] command. Everyone'll have their XP set to the minimum required for that level, unless they already are that level or higher.

Just tried it myself on an old save:

Player Character: ~3158 XP, leveled up to 3

Edér: 2998 XP, level 2

Aloth: 3060 XP, level up to 3 available, but not used yet.

Open console, enable cheats, AddExperienceToLevel 3

Player Character: Lvl 3, 3158 XP

Edér: 3000 XP, ready to level to 3

Aloth: 3000 XP, ready to level to 3

If I leveled up Aloth first, he too would keep his XP set to 3060.

Pretty sure this can do everything you want? Just wait until the next time your main character can level up (assuming he/she has the highest XP pool) and use the command to that level before actually leveling. (Ok, so you lose out on the XP overflow, but that's what the AddExperience one can be used for.)