One of the Better Video/PC Gaming Days that I can Remember Having....

I wanted to give a HUGE thanks to Obsidian and all the Devs/people that worked on Pillars of Eternity. 2 days ago having got my copy off of Green Man Gaming and also having ordered the collectors hardback strategy guy from amazon I had no updates from either company about my Pillars of Eternity products. Then early yesterday morning I was able to preload and amazon updated my order to shipped. Now, I had just started making my characters on Pillars of Eternity this morning at 9:15am and at around 9:45am my hardback collectors strategy guide arrived. So here I sit with a game I've waited years for, with my strategy guide in hand..... Everything delivered on time. I've just had a big dumb smile on my face all morning and haven't felt like this regarding and from a video/PC game in a real, REAL long time. Thank you so much for recapturing that magic I used to get playing PC/console games that honestly I have not had it quite some time. I hope this game brings you all a huge amount of success so you can continue to make the games you love and we can enjoy them. Thank you again so much. The hardback guide is absolutely beautiful as well, very happy I went with the collectors edition and not the download.

Edited by Zazzaro
  • Like 5

It really is great and having this guide is just amazing. Im so glad I have the actual book and not a .pdf download of it. The actual 500 page hardback book really is just an amazing item and I'd rec to people that even if they received the digital download of it with their tier package or got one of the lesser tiers and were thinking about getting the $9.99 digital download off of the prima site or lastly are waiting for it to appear online for free.... DONT DO IT!!!! The collectors guide is just amazing. The only freaking problem with it is that it is filled with spoilers for the entire game lol. But man it's such a beautiful book and I'm soooo happy to have gotten it. And it even arrived within an hour of the game launch. Installing the game at 9:15am and having the book at 9:45am has just made this day which i was already looking forward to and have been excited for it even more incredible and a really amazing day. Too many times recently I have been burned by crappy day 1 release issues and sadly I was truly expecting the game to end up launching late, Green Man Gaming to not release codes on time or for my guide to have something lame happen and arrive late tonight or even tomorrow but everything went as smooth as could be. What a great day to be a PC gamer.

Yeah PS4 got Bloodborne, but we got Pillars of Eternity with kick ass extras that you can just tell a lot care and hardwork went into putting this guide together. It is also a limited print, so once it's sold out its gone. Again for $30 off amazon I cannot recommend enough picking up the real hardback collectors version of this guide over the $9.99 download, your free pdf file download for the upper tiers or waiting for a gamefaqs free version online. And yes, that stupid silly grin is still on my face and I'm proud of it :). Thanks again Obsidian and also all the backers that believed in Obsidians dream of bringing back the old isometric IE type games of yester year we all loved but were told by the suits and higher ups that we shouldn't like these games anymore because FPS, MMOS and hold your hand the whole time RPGs were now the games we were/are supposed to like and were/are now the future of gaming because they said so. One more huge thanks to everyone involved with this project and one more plug for the Collectors Edition Guide.... What are you waiting for go drop the $30 on it now from amazon and be happy and amazed just like I am. Cannot believe March 26th has turned out just the way I was hoping it would.

Edited by Zazzaro

Thank you, guys! <3

:)

Wow didn't see until just now a Dev replied.... No really thank you for all your hardwork. You all did an incredible job and I'm sure have brought smiles and thoughts of "oh wow how I have missed gaming like this on my PC" to many many people all over the world. As I said earlier I have been burned way WAAAYYY too many times on release day by games I was really looking forward to that it really is a magnificent surprise to actually have a kick ass day 1 experience for a game I have waited years for and have that complimented by an awesome guide showing up almost at the same time the game launched. This has been a super rare experience for me in today's gaming culture and it was special to get to experience it.

• Like 1