List of issues found after an 90 minutes of gameplay

Jazriel

Question

I hope this is the right place. A few of these issues are actually bugs. My most recent job was as QA for a tech startup so all these little details catch my attention pretty easily.

Copy/Paste from Wordpad (I've edited a few of my notes to remove as many spoilers as possible):

Bugs in PoE:
Scrolling down a tutorial and then closing it, the next tutorial won't start at the top
Unable to bind left control to highlight interactables, can bind for toggling however
Why aren't there hotkeys for abilities like the F keys in BG?
Can't right click tutorials to dismiss them, inconsistent with help modals in inventory screen
Stackables don't auto combine if they're in different chars inventories, might be intentional
Accuracy isn't listed in the character tooltip in the upper right during combat, should at least show party accuracy
No arrow in Sparfel's back
When Calisca gets up from being knocked down my 'pause when weapon ineffective' is triggered, is she barehanded momentarily? Not sure why this is happening because her next attack worked fine and did 6 damage
--Calisca is throwing weapon ineffective warnings when she is on cooldown
Actually Pause when weapon ineffective happens almost every 1-2 seconds, it's pretty annoying and obviously buggy
No screenshot command in gog version?
Pressing G opens chantbook, pressing g again doesn't close it
Open loot, generate tooltip for item and comparison tooltip for character, change chars, comparison tooltip doesn't update
---
Game ate my item, I put axe and shield from Calisca item slot 1 into stash, then ctrl clicked pollaxe and axe and shield, moved them all to inventory at once, then equipped pollaxe into item slot 1 and it disappeared
---
Immediately exiting the ruins, after the first cutscene, the first dialogue is shorter than the height of the display yet it has a scrollbar
Why has my accuracy steadily been decreasing since I made my char? I just exited the ruins and checking my inventory page my accuracy is now 1, it was 27 when I started
"Thrice she was wronged, and thrice justly avenged" says it damages anyone but then says Foe AoE
Wound Binding talent's wording makes it sound like it's less effective with more intelligence: takes longer to accomplish the same thing
Are the bandits in valewood supposed to literally stand there doing nothing? I attacked both the scout and the party of 3 at the campsite and both times all of them stood there and did nothing. If I paused though they would rotate to face my PC

I'm not sure how quickly fatigue is supposed to accumulate but I had to rest once in the ruins due to fatigue and fighting at the bandit campsite in Valewood has me needing to rest again for fatigue. This seems kind of fast for fatigue build-up.

Hopefully this is helpful. Game is really smooth for me otherwise. Alt tabs really nicely (auto pausing when alt tabbed is a good touch) and everything.

16 answers to this question

To add to this: it seems closing compare item windows in wrong order (ie. closing item you right-click on originally for info instead of compared equiped item) when using right-click (to close windows) moves the item info & compare item windows to the right until they're almost entirely off screen if you compare multiple items one after the other (such as in a store). I don't seem to be able to drag them back to center (but maybe I'm clicking on the wrong part of the window - which is almost off-screen to the right). Once this happens, all info & compare info windows are stuck on the right with just a small part visible. This persists even if you reload the game (without quitting to main menu). Quitting to main menu & then reloading seems to fix the issue (until you cause it to happen again)...

Hi Jazriel, concerning the dissappearing item bug.

Can you please attach your output logs and a save game after the issue occurs?

Output log:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\output_log.txt

Save Game:

C:\Users\(username)\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity

Also could you include specs of your system?

Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Sure thing Derek. I'm running the gog.com version though so that file path is slightly different. Attached are the things you requested. It's not letting me attach the .savegame files in this forum, so I've provided a link to a Dropbox folder that contains it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2k0ghgcovb91o8v/AAB5FiQLnoRUBrgm8nhHLfxqa?dl=0

Hopefully this does it for you.

[Edit] I went to sleep shortly after posting this initial thread, so not much else has happened gamewise.

output_log.txt

System Specs.rtf

Edited by Jazriel

Sure thing Derek. I'm running the gog.com version though so that file path is slightly different. Attached are the things you requested. It's not letting me attach the .savegame files in this forum, so I've provided a link to a Dropbox folder that contains it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2k0ghgcovb91o8v/AAB5FiQLnoRUBrgm8nhHLfxqa?dl=0

Hopefully this does it for you.

[Edit] I went to sleep shortly after posting this initial thread, so not much else has happened gamewise.

Thanks for the response!

I've updated the bug with the information given, as I am unable to repro this issue myself that was a big help.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

"Why has my accuracy steadily been decreasing since I made my char? I just exited the ruins and checking my inventory page my accuracy is now 1, it was 27 when I started"

Have you rested?  I know your stats decreased from becoming fatigued; is this a product of that?

I keep getting a repetitive sound in the encampment at the beginning of the game.

And it looks like I'm not the only one.

Edited by rspanther
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,

Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,

Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie,

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

I've encountered most of these as well.

Can also add that I can't bind any key to Highlight Interactables so that it works, tried every key on my keyboard with no success.

You can circumvent the Print Screen issue by using the Alt+PrtScr command then pasting into Paint (or another image editor). Not really user friendly but it gets the job done if you want to take a screen shot.

"How was I supposed to know it was that stone that held the dragons at bay... I mean it just stood there looking dull anyway"

I keep getting a repetitive sound in the encampment at the beginning of the game.

And it looks like I'm not the only one.

Yes, this is a really annoying bug...

Greetings everyone! The game looks beautiful and runs smooth.

There's one issue of running against a brick wall.. Now this might be just a feature but I decided to share it anyway.

First playthrough going on Normal with Trials of Iron and Expert Mode checked, as expected.

So I ran into a fight I quickly realized would be the end of me, so I valiantly decided to sacrifice my two other party members in order to escape the situation with my main character.

Everything went in favor of my escape, until the group of hostiles only maimed the other guy unconscious right after killing the other. They decided stay at the body so that he could not regain consciousness ( only to be killed properly :p). I cannot leave the area because obviously party isn't gathered and there is a 'combat' going on, I cannot dismiss him from the party because there is no such option. I wish I had ranged means to finish him off from afar. The game is locked in combat and it's a bit frustrating to accept that there seems to be nothing I can do about it. Except for a certain suicide.

I accept frustration comes as part of the deal with Trials of Iron.. I just wish I could sacrifice party members at the cost of losing them permanently.

Happy gaming everyone! :)

You can bind abilities to any key you want.. just hover over ability and press the key you want to bind it, thats it.

My question is... how can you unbind them? I constantly have a "F12 hotkey!" tab over the others when selecting a teammember. As if those floating things weren't enough to not have more I don't need at all...

(I probably bound it unwittingly making a screenshot :/)

Help?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this bug, but as Ranger I went into the Bear cave early on in the game and both my companion animal and myself died a swift death. After reloading the last save (the auto save as we had entered the cave) and now my companion pet is just a circle on the ground without actually showing. I exit the cave and now anytime I try to go to any of the exits in the outside zone it says I have to wait until my party is gathered, and my companion animal's icon is just a white circle.

You can bind abilities to any key you want.. just hover over ability and press the key you want to bind it, thats it.

My question is... how can you unbind them? I constantly have a "F12 hotkey!" tab over the others when selecting a teammember. As if those floating things weren't enough to not have more I don't need at all...

(I probably bound it unwittingly making a screenshot :/)

Help?

Just press the same key again with your mouse on the skill.