Companion is gone when I load a saved game

rcgamer

Question

When I load a saved game my companion bear is no longer there.  He was there when I saved. A green x is where he should be when the save loads but then it moves off across the screen .  When I double click the icon spot where his symbol should be it takes me to a random point on the map as if that's where my companion is.  

• Like 1

Maybe he had urgent business to attend off screen and returned as soon as he could. In all seriousness, hopefully it's one of those weird one off glitches.

It really isn't unfortunately. It only seems to be happening with the bear animal companion though. I've spoken to other rangers, and they chose the wolf with no issues at all and hours of game play already logged. Hope that helps!

Maybe he had urgent business to attend off screen and returned as soon as he could. In all seriousness, hopefully it's one of those weird one off glitches.

It really isn't unfortunately. It only seems to be happening with the bear animal companion though. I've spoken to other rangers, and they chose the wolf with no issues at all and hours of game play already logged. Hope that helps!

I have the wolf pet and it happened to me inside of Od Nua, so it's not just the bear pet.

I have the same error, i tried to upload log and save, but it says upload failed :/

but i suspect the interesting part to be this

-------- LEVEL LOAD COMPLETE --------        Level = AR_1002_Od_Nua_Xaurip_Base. 

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

UnloadTime: 44.948002 ms
Checking to instantiate global...

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Checking to instantiate in game global...

Unloading 26 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 4 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 24439 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 71089.
Total: 202.301987 ms (FindLiveObjects: 4.703000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 6.429000 ms MarkObjects: 49.320000 ms  DeleteObjects: 141.503006 ms)

Asset not found at path: Art/Character/Female/Textures/Body/BP/BP02/m_F_Skin_V02

Asset not found at path: Art/Character/Female/ELF/Facialhair/F_ELF_Facialhair02

Asset not found at path: Art/Character/Female/ELF/Facialhair/F_ELF_Facialhair02

PE_GameRender::Start() - No light environments found in scene

CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6 doesn't have an associated prefab. Trying to recreate from known data, this object may not work correctly.

CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6 doesn't have an associated prefab. Trying to recreate from known data, this object may not work correctly.

CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6 was replaced by CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6. They have the same guid!

CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6 doesn't have an associated prefab. Trying to recreate from known data, this object may not work correctly.

CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6 was replaced by CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6. They have the same guid!

Asset not found at path: Art/Character/Male/Textures/Body/BP/BP02/m_M_Skin_V02

HideArmor cannot be loaded because the asset bundle type is not supported!

UndefinedAbilityProgressionTable cannot be loaded because the asset bundle type is not supported!

Global variables restored

CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6_6 was assigned CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6 (PartyMemberAI)'s slot! Reassigning.

PROGRAMMER ERROR!! GetDesiredSlot isn't working correctly!CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6_6 got assigned an in-use slot!

UndefinedAbilityProgressionTable cannot be loaded because the asset bundle type is not supported!

Global variables restored

CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6 was assigned CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6_6 (PartyMemberAI)'s slot! Reassigning.

PROGRAMMER ERROR!! GetDesiredSlot isn't working correctly!CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6 got assigned an in-use slot!

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at PartyMemberAI.set_Slot (Int32 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartyMemberAI.AddSummonToActiveParty (UnityEngine.GameObject newPartyMember, UnityEngine.GameObject parentSummoner, AISummonType summonType, Boolean fromScript) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartyMemberAI.Restored () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: 4294967295)

CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6_6 was assigned CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6 (PartyMemberAI)'s slot! Reassigning.

PROGRAMMER ERROR!! GetDesiredSlot isn't working correctly!CRE_Wolf_Animal_Companion(Clone)_6_6_6_6 got assigned an in-use slot!

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at PartyMemberAI.set_Slot (Int32 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartyMemberAI.AddSummonToActiveParty (UnityEngine.GameObject newPartyMember, UnityEngine.GameObject parentSummoner, AISummonType summonType, Boolean fromScript) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartyMemberAI.Restored () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: 4294967295)

Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 10 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 10966 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 97917.
Total: 425.713989 ms (FindLiveObjects: 6.089000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 8.664000 ms MarkObjects: 376.335999 ms  DeleteObjects: 34.524002 ms)

Tier1Backer cannot be loaded because the asset bundle type is not supported!

Tier2Backer cannot be loaded because the asset bundle type is not supported!

This is incredibly frustrating. I was pretty far along into my adventure and now all of my save files are broken?!

Sagani and her wolf seem to be the source of the problem for me as well, but now the entire party composition menu is completely bugged out and I cannot add or remove party members anymore. I removed everyone from my party but my main character, and they are still all there, I can select them and move them around, all except Sagani and her wolf, who just stand there.

Infuriating, completely ruined a wonderful game experience. The prospect of throwing away all that progression and starting over to have clean save files is so disappointing. When you have a game where people invest a huge amount of playtime into a play through, these types of bugs are the absolute worst.

Back to GW2 I guess, by the time I feel like giving PoE another try I wager the story will have been completely spoiled by friends. Sad to see the Obsidian reputation for game breaking bugs ruin a game that up til now was a excellent. I hope friends I convinced to try this do not have similar experiences  :( Instead of being a day 1 Kickstarter backer for the next project, I suppose I'll wait a month after release to take take a chance.

• Like 1

Game over for me too. It is sad, complete partymanagement is broken. It started with a missing ranger pet but now there are more and more problems. I have no problem with small bugs in a new game but this is total game breaking. I do not understand how such a bug was overseen in the beta-test?!

• Like 1

The same issue for me. Here is exception in my log.

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Equippable.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Equippable.GetValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Item.GetSellValue (.Store store) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Item+StoreItem.GetTooltipContent (UnityEngine.GameObject owner) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UIAbilityTooltipContent.Refresh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UIAbilityTooltip.RefreshContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UIAbilityTooltip.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)