Extremem Lag Issues

Bigbadmojo

Question

For some reason I am experiencing major issues with lag when I play the game. My rig definitely meets the recommended system requirements for the game and I've even turned down the settings yet the problem still persists.

Changing portraits in character creation is extremely slow for me as well as opening my inventory. The sounds in the game, specifically dialogue, have a delay of about 7-10 seconds before they actually begin playing. So far I haven't run into any game breaking issues but these problems make the game extremely annoying to play.

I really hope something gets fixed soon because everything else in this game runs smoothly and I'm incredibly excited to play it.

5 answers to this question

I am the EXACT same. All the issues you mention I am having too, and my system is massively overspeced for this game so there's no way it's the rig. This is really making the game a total chore. Are you using an SSD? My system is:

Intel i7, SSD, GeForce GTX 770, 16GB RAM

Windows 7, Steam

I'm having the same issue, and apparently the game caps the RAM usage at 1GB. Does that happen for others as well? That would explain the problem, because then the game would have to get the game files from the hard drive instead, which is a lot slower than the RAM. 

Glad I'm not the only one. I really want to give this game a shot but these issues make the game more of annoyance to get through than any fun.

No I'm using a HDD myself. My system specs are:

GeForce GTX 770

Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @3.20 GHz

12gb RAM

Windows 7

Steam