Game constant freezes and voice delay

Nemeter

Question

• During chargen every time a new portrait is loaded the game freezes for ~15 seconds.
  • Accessing the main character inventory or changing his gear causes another freeze of ~5 seconds
  • All voiceovers are delayed for ~5 seconds. Extremely annoying.

This problems seem to be quite common. Other than that the game works flawlessly, even when the game hangs up the music stills sounds and the cursor works, you just can't interact with anything and the graphics are stuck.

• Like 8

Hi all! Sorry for my english.

I have

• uring chargen every time a new portrait is loaded the game freezes for ~15 seconds.
  • Accessing the main character inventory or changing his gear causes another freeze of ~5 seconds
  • All voiceovers are delayed for ~5 seconds. Extremely annoying.

My config

Intel I5 4590 3.5

8 gb ram

970 gtx

Generally this problem. If I turn off the router everything is fine, no problems. But no Interent. If I turn on the router again, there are problems in the game again, about which I wrote above. How to fix? VPN is not established.

issue with portrait/opening inventory freezes and voice delay is still a problem after patch 1.03. How ever work around stop all internet seems to fix. Will this be looked at in the next patch?

When my DRM free DVD comes will this not be a problem?

Under a black flab we compile.

I get pieces of spoken dialogue missing altogether. Mostly happening with companions who'll say something but the first half of the sentence is gone. Like "I don't look forward to moving that tree tomorrow," will just be "... that tree tomorrow."

Seemed fine in the launch version, but since patches (I'm on .0530 atm) it's started happening.

So, the network adapter workaround is still working fine for me and all, but I'm getting kinda sick of having to use my wireless which while stable, isn't giving me quite as much oomph as I'm used to. Also my wireless refuses to activate on start-up for some reason despite making sure it's set up to, so I gotta do a pointless network fix whenever I restart. With 1.04 these issues are still not fixed and reappear the second I try to go back to LAN, is there any sign of progress? While I happily suffered the minor annoyance for my first play-through, it's really killing my urge to re-play the game right now.

Edited by Insurrectionist

For who dont wanna read all the post.

This problem is caused cause of network adapter settings so if you have installed hamachi, virtual machines or use a VPN connection follow this steps:

1-Go to Control Panel.

2-Network and Internet.

3-Network and sharing center.

4-Change adapter settings.

5- Here you have to disable/remove hamachi, virtual machines or VPN connection.

Steam discussion here (Spanish): http://steamcommunity.com/app/291650/discussions/0/620712364028647611/

Disable and uninstalling virtualbox didn't help me too.

But i don't know if i have the same problem. i got constant freeze when i click on a ability, open the map (one of the worst), move... Nothing of this at the release.

I know I'm necroing a post, but the post I made got removed for some reason. I still have this problem, or one like this at any rate. The game will freeze for asinine periods of time. For example, loading screens take way longer than they should. Simply pressing "Options" in the main menu causes a 10 sec freeze. When I EVENTUALLY get into character creation, switching from options, such as male to female etc, can take up to 2 minutes before the freeze stops. 

Don't have any network except my wired one.

Disabling the network card doesn't work.

Disabling Ipv6 protocol doesn't work.

My hardware is sound, so it's not performance related, can't be network related, the game worked on launch (relatively, had other issues then, instead of these freezes I'd have micro-freezes during combat. I attributed it to my 1gb vram at the time and have since bought a new gpu), so I have no idea what might be causing it, and I can't find anyone with the same issue. Anyone help, please?

EDIT: This thread is closest to describing the issues I'm seeing http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70629-435-freeze-on-interaction-with-character-creator/

It's from well over a year ago and it still hasn't been fixed. I'm getting very tired of this considering I dropped a lot of money on this game because I wanted to support it, and I can't even play it. The ONLY solutions I can find online are "disable your hamachi"-esque responses. First of all I shouldn't even have to do that, because the game SHOULD work without doing that, and secondly I don't even have hamachi installed, or any other similar thing. This is ridiculous. I'm also salty over the fact that my topic I posted on this issue before christmas was removed, I don't know why. I just know I can't find it at all and it's not in my profile anywhere. Does anyone know if I can contact someone over at obsidian and get direct support? Reading through forum posts is getting me nowhere and neither did asking about it before.

EDIT 2: Found another thread where the first post describes almost exactly what I'm experiencing. These problems persist WELL after Beta. https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/67805-character-creation-extreme-lag/

Edited by The Nexus