Game constant freezes and voice delay

Nemeter

Question

• During chargen every time a new portrait is loaded the game freezes for ~15 seconds.
  • Accessing the main character inventory or changing his gear causes another freeze of ~5 seconds
  • All voiceovers are delayed for ~5 seconds. Extremely annoying.

This problems seem to be quite common. Other than that the game works flawlessly, even when the game hangs up the music stills sounds and the cursor works, you just can't interact with anything and the graphics are stuck.

• Like 8

Pardon the spam as I just replied as well but it's not up here yet, but I have some extra info that may help the dev's:

• I don't have these issues with other games
  • When the problem occurs and I check my performance I notice it drops my CPU to 0%. Now I know this usually is either a driver or temp issue, but they're up to date and the temp is fine.
  • I tried using real time and high processor affinity, this didn't help.

I'm in the same boat, though the iventory lag goes to 7,5 seconds sometimes and the portrait one was 24 (I measured whilst dickin' around with options to try to find a correlation. No dice btw)

Win7 64bit

Intel i7 930 2.80ghz

12gb

Nvidia 670, latest drivers (.88 anyhoo)

For the love of Odin, help us fix diz

Same boat, made a post of this before I realised this post existed. Dunno if it helps but here's the specs for my laptop:

Steam Version

Intel i7-3630QM @ 2.40Ghz

Nvidia GTX 675MX

16 GB of RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Graphics driver version: 347.88

Hello everyone,

Could you please attach output logs and saved games after you experience this issue in game? You can do this by playing the game until you see the issue, then close the client and copy the files that you find in these locations:

Save Games location:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity\Saves

Output log:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\output_log.txt

Then post the files here along with your system specs or dxdiag.

This should help us greatly to resolve the issue.

Thank you!!!

here, though it wont allow me to upload save files, not that i know how it matters, as it happens wherever you are in the game, starting area, cave.. character creation(when selecting portrait for your character, it freezes when you open that part or between each portrait while flipping through them)

when it comes to opening inventory it only happens when you go to look at your main character inventory, not the follower's

EDIT: i added the save as well now, though i still dont think it matters as it happens wherever you are as far as i know

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

savefile.zip.zip

Edited by Raniets

Hello everyone,

Could you please attach output logs and saved games after you experience this issue in game? You can do this by playing the game until you see the issue, then close the client and copy the files that you find in these locations:

Save Games location:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity\Saves

Output log:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\output_log.txt

Then post the files here along with your system specs or dxdiag.

This should help us greatly to resolve the issue.

Thank you!!!

Here's the file as you asked.

In this save (and every other) I'm having voice delay and freeze on inventory/level up screen.

Note that I didn't leave the game right after the last issue (5 min after the last time I opened the inventory), but if I'm not mistaken that's not very important. If it is tell me and I'll update the file.

For the savegame, follow this link (couldn't find how to upload it on the forum, also the save as a strange name but I guess it's a normal thing ?)

Hope it will help you helping us ! ;)

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Edited by Vaalac

Same issue as everyone, portraits and voice take a few seconds to load up. Didn't get to the inventory, only the initial character creation and dialogue, saved and exited. I disabled my antivirus just in case it wasn't scanning every file access but still the same issue.

Had to add .txt to the savegame as I was not allowed to attach that sort of extension. Hope you can find a fix/workaround soon so I can play tomorrow :)

Edit: Couldn't edit to add the output log so it's on the next page. Just tried running as admin (even if I'm already admin on the machine) and still got the issue, just in case it was some kind of weird permission thing.

e709446e-07c6-4d6d-8b2e-7765c58dca10 autosave.savegame.txt

DxDiag.txt

Edited by lorcas

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

(Filename:  Line: 1788)

I am not sure, but this might have something to do with it. included log.

output_log.txt

It's a bit similar here on several different office computers running Win 7 64-bit with ATI Radeon graphics and AMD drivers.

The voice audio is truncated at the beginning from time to time. That's bearable, but the game freezes completely at the end of Ruins of Cilant Lis in the animation sequence. The Older Robed Man walks upstairs, then the animation stops and we can hear the sound, but nothing happens on screen except for minor animations of the four figures and a few leafs falling down. We've found that setting graphics to 1440x900 works for that animation sequence and anything like 1600x... or 1900x... makes the game freeze.

Out of curiosity, where do you all have your game installed? C: drive? Internal additional drive? External drive?

Internal additional drive.

EDIT: Moving the game to my SSD did nothing.

Edited by nicotn

Out of curiosity, where do you all have your game installed? C: drive? Internal additional drive? External drive?

i have 2 drive's (harddisk's) 1 SSD for small stuff, OS and core programs and drivers(C: drive).. everything else, including steam and all its games, is on my main storage harddisk (D: drive)

aka internal additional drive (normal disk drive)

Edited by Raniets