Game constant freezes and voice delay

Nemeter

Question

• During chargen every time a new portrait is loaded the game freezes for ~15 seconds.
  • Accessing the main character inventory or changing his gear causes another freeze of ~5 seconds
  • All voiceovers are delayed for ~5 seconds. Extremely annoying.

This problems seem to be quite common. Other than that the game works flawlessly, even when the game hangs up the music stills sounds and the cursor works, you just can't interact with anything and the graphics are stuck.

• Like 8

Yeah, I also have this exact problem - although I haven't gotten to combat yet, everything else is working fine except for those exact three issues. I also noted it's just the game freezing - I can tab out and browse Firefox or even tab over to WoW (I tried) without any slow-down or issues with my computer performance. Since I can also run seemingly more resource-intensive games fine I figure it's not my PC that's an issue.

E: Running Steam version.

Windows 7 64-bit

i7-3610QM, 2.30 GHz

8GB RAM

GeForce GT 650M

Edited by Insurrectionist
  • Like 2

Just posting to say I have the exact same problem. Tired a full reinstall, reboot, deleting all the portrait pictures, different races, classes, sex.

Win7 64bit

i5-4670 3.40GHz

8gig RAM

GTX 770

The output log is me creating a new character, changing the portrait picture (slowly) a couple times, then loading into the game and opening my inventory (again, slowly) a few times.

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

• Like 1

I got the EXACT same problem as you guys, My version is GOGs. My OS is Windows 7 64bit 

My CPU is i7 740QM, 1.73ghz 

VGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460m VRAM 1,50gb

Memory is 6GB. 

(I think its useful for you to edit and put your system specs to make easier for the staff to identify the problem.)

• Like 1

Also having these exact three issues. Everything else works like a charm but these problems happen so often that it just becomes way too annoying to deal with.

I run more graphics heavy games on this computer all the time without any sort of issue so I know it can't be that. I really hope there's a fix to these problems soon.

My system specs are:

GeForce GTX 770

Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @3.20 GHz

12gb RAM

Windows 7

Steam

Edited by Bigbadmojo

I'm having the same issue, and apparently the game caps the RAM usage at 1GB. Does that happen for others as well? That would explain the problem, because then the game would have to get the game files from the hard drive instead, which is a lot slower than the RAM. 

Hi guys, just taking a random stab here, but are you running the latest NVIDIA drivers perchance?

Funnily enough I actually updated all my drivers yesterday (was hoping to wrangle Dark Souls into playing nice even though I knew its PC issues are game-related and not my machine), so they certainly should be.

Same problem.

System info:

Intel i7-2630QM @ 2 Ghz

Nvidia GTX 560M

8 Gigs of RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Graphics driver version: 347.88

Hope any of this helps and looking forward to the issue being fixed so I can enjoy what seems to be an otherwise excellent game.

I just made an account to say that I am have exactly the same issues

Windows 7 64bit
i5 2500k
p8p67 LE
amd r9200 series (forget what exactly)
8gb ram

I've tried everything I can think of, I was there when it went live on Steam hoping to play it and have spent hours trying to fix it but this problem is too jarring for me to play it, I want to experience it fully and am just praying for suggestions, a work around or a solution at this point. D:

I believe that the problem is with the portraits. Anyone tried to creat a character with a customized portrait to see if the problem persists? I didnt tried yet (i dont know how this works, but I think it worth trying)

Hi ! Same issue exactly

System :

Windows 7 64 bit

NVidia GTX 670M

16go Ram

i7 3610Qm

And to answer to Darren I'm personally running the latest NVIDIA drivers. But I think I saw someone on the Steam's forum who had the same problem with a Radeon, I'm not sure though (You can see the people who spoke about it in the post "Early Bugs".

See here : http://steamcommunity.com/app/291650/discussions/0/618457398960884005/

I'm going to break the Intel/Nvidia party.

I've got the same problem, but I'm on an AMD setup. Avatars load really slowly, inventory screen takes a while to load and sound is delayed. My RAM usage also seems to be capped at 1GB. My specs are as follows:

FX-6300 3.5GHz

16GB Ram

Radeon R9 270

Other than that the game runs perfectly fine and I have not encountered any crashes.