[ORCZ] Pillars of Eternity Wiki efforts coordination thread (possible spoilers inside)

NOTE 1: Posting this here since this thread inevitably will have spoilers

NOTE 2: This thread is for the ORCZ Wiki which is an UNOFFICIAL/PLAYER wiki, not for the official one which I believe has its own thread.

I've seen on the forums many Orcz so figured I'd start a thread here so we can coordinate the efforts to scribe into the wiki the story and all that goes on in the world of Pillars of Eternity so that we can document everything and prevent duplicate efforts also we can ask questions etc. Anyone can become an Orcz, just join and contribute!

Anyway I just installed the game and am working on the Encampment page

I've seen the following NPCs so far near the campsite:

Caravan Master Odema

Calisca

Heodan

Anyone I'm missing?

Edited by DruidX

Join the Orcz and help scribe everything that goes on in the world of Pillars of Eternity!

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki

I have a question, I noticed some locations are categorized as "Zones" and some as "Areas" whats the difference exactly because am working on some new locations and not sure how to categorize

Zone is a bigger area that has a whole map

For example, Encampment and Dyrford Village are zones

Think of zones as "Big Areas"

So Area, as you guessed, is a smaller location inside the zone. Kind of like a "Subzone". But "Area" is a better name than "Subzone". For example the Temple of Berath and the Dracogen Inn are Areas

Note that all zones are also areas, but areas are not zones. Sounds confusing at first but like I said just think of Zones as Big Areas and youll get the jist of it!

Edited by Beodmar

I have a question, I noticed some locations are categorized as "Zones" and some as "Areas" whats the difference exactly because am working on some new locations and not sure how to categorize

So Area, as you guessed, is a smaller location inside the zone. Kind of like a "Subzone". But "Area" is a better name than "Subzone". For example the Temple of Berath and the Dracogen Inn are Areas

Note that all zones are also areas, but areas are not zones. Sounds confusing at first but like I said just think of Zones as Big Areas and youll get the jist of it!

Ok thanks for clarifying, so I understand buildings (such as shops) are "Areas"? What about a specific room in a building?

Also are dungeons "Zones"?

Ok thanks for clarifying, so I understand buildings (such as shops) are "Areas"? What about a specific room in a building?

Also are dungeons "Zones"?

Yes buildings are areas. Unless we discover some huge building like a tower with tons of floors which we than might decide to upgrade to "Zone"

Rooms in buildings, if you give them an individual entry, would also be area.

Dungeons should generally be classified as Zones unless its a tiny dungeon or something

Edited by Beodmar

Wanted to add RE: location categorizing, in addition to areas and zones we will also have Regions

A region will encompass several zones

Still studying the atlas to see whether the game has a logical region split or whether we need to define our own regions

Join the Orcz and help scribe everything that goes on in the world of Pillars of Eternity!

Encountered first enemy in the game, a Young Wolf I think it was west of Sparfel

Added entry to Bestiary

I fought it but killed it too fast. I know it has a melee piercing attack, but not sure if it also has knockdown like it's bigger counterparts. Maybe someone else can test and see what attacks it has. I'm moving onwards

• Like 1

Encountered first enemy in the game, a Young Wolf I think it was west of Sparfel

Added entry to Bestiary

I fought it but killed it too fast. I know it has a melee piercing attack, but not sure if it also has knockdown like it's bigger counterparts. Maybe someone else can test and see what attacks it has. I'm moving onwards

Not sure, it dies so fast lol

Added wolf hide to dropist

Anyone know if it can drop anything else?

Found a plant called Admeth's Wyrt near where Sparfel was initially.

Documented it I the wiki.

Is it random, or does it always spawn there

I recall finding the same plant, am assuming it was in the same location.

So it appears they spawn in the same place for everyone

Added brief description on where to find it in the encampment becaue it can be missed if you go west from Sparfel instead of going north

Heodan sells lockpicks that you can use to unlock the nearby Crate if you don't have enough  mechanics

Added it as a Tip for new players on Heodan's entry

Thanks that can be a useful tip, I think he has 3x lockpicks for sale, not sure if and when his stock refreshes

Added the following features from the encampent, categorizing under "Environment" and "Interactive Objects"

Glass-green pillars - they are located just above where you start

Narrow Canyon Path - Not really an "Object" per se, but couldnt think of a better category.

Both have been documented in wiki now

Will scout the camp for more of these interactable objects

Hey I just started a new game because I changed my mind about the which character to play

Am shopping right now at Heodan's Supplies so will take this opportunity to make an entry for each of the items he is selling. So noone else work on that please because I got it

Edited by Beodmar

ok just finished documenting the first weapon: Crossbow

Sorry it took so long but there actually was no other weapon in the wiki so this was the first so I had to create the template :)

It includes the following:

Description

Stats

Tips

Screenshots

Feel free to use the template by editing the page and copy/pasting into your own (just change weapon name, name of images, stats, etc obviously)

Also if anyone has stuff to add feel free to edit the page, am sure it can be enhanced with some more useful info from people who have actually used the weapon haha

Anyway I'm moving on to working on the next item

Sorry it took so long but there actually was no other weapon in the wiki so this was the first so I had to create the template :)

Description

Stats

Tips

Screenshots

Feel free to use the template by editing the page and copy/pasting into your own (just change weapon name, name of images, stats, etc obviously)

Also if anyone has stuff to add feel free to edit the page, am sure it can be enhanced with some more useful info from people who have actually used the weapon haha

Nice job!

Absolutely love those screenshots!

• Like 1

Description

Stats

Tips

Screenshots

Nice job!

Absolutely love those screenshots!

yeah good job on the screens, lol @ using Calista as a target dummy

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki - Community/Fan Maintained!