Can't access my Pillars of Eternity Royal Edition DLC content on Steam

TrueMenace

Question

I redeemed my 'Kickstarter Hero Edition' key from the Obsidian Backer portal website on Steam. I then downloaded the game. Afterwards I bought the Steam 'Royal Edition Upgrade that cost $45.00.

It says I own all the Royal Edition DLC content in my game library for Pillars of Eternity and they are all "check-marked" in the square boxes, yet when I go into the game folder I don't see any of the Royal Edition content like the Wallpapers, Strategy Guide, etc. All I have is the cookbook.

I have started a new game, restarted Steam, verified the game cache integrity, and re-installed the game. Still nothing in the Pillars of Eternity Steam folder. I don't see my content. Help me.

I have attached screenshots to let you know what I looks like on my end.

post-95150-0-92845700-1427395936_thumb.png

post-95150-0-41161300-1427395943_thumb.png

post-95150-0-10882600-1427395946_thumb.png

• Like 2

Calibrating...

I have the same problem with the champion edition. I got the hero edition then upgrade to champion. It says that I have access to the DLC but steam folder is empty. I have tryed redownloading the game and closing steam and opening it up again and it does not download the DLC

I'm having the same issue except that I bought a fresh copy of the Champion Edition from Steam and there is no way to activate that on their portal...

So yea the Steam Client says the DLC's have been downloaded but they are no where to be found and I have reinstalled and restarted the steam client and no dice.

• Like 1

Same issue.

I got Kickstarter backer Hero Edition, which I upgraded to Royal Edition on Steam yesterday. Same as above, Steam UI says all is installed for Royal, but in my dir, all I have, in terms of add-ons, is the cookbook, and a folder for the documentary. I have no OST, no map, no wallpapers, etc.

• Like 1

Same here, Royal edition pre-ordered on Green Man Gaming. Shows as installed, still no extra content on the folder, tried all of the above too without results...

This is me as well. I bought the Royal Edition from GMG and not sure how to access the extra content.

Same here, Kickstarter Hero edition, upgraded to Champion edition on Steam, can only download the Cook Book DLC from Steam successfully, all other DLCs are 0 byte downloads and nothing happens. I suppose the Cook Book only works because it was already included with the Kickstarter Hero edition.

CHANGING YOUR DOWNLOAD REGION/LOCATION IN STEAM SETTINGS FIXES IT.

It's only 1.6 GB for me?

I hope that works for people, if it doesn't here is the solution that worked for me:

1. Slowly uncheck the Pillars of Eternity DLCs on Steam DLC content list one by one, each time waiting several seconds for the DLC to go from "installed" to "not installed", Steam will download a small 0kb update every time.

2. Shutdown Steam.

3. Launch Steam and log in.

4. Go to your games library and right-click Pillars of Eternity, choose Properties. In the Properties menu go to the Local Files tab, click Verify Integrity of Game Cache, wait for it to go through the validation process of the game files, it will take at least a few minutes.

5. Go back to the Pillars of Eternity DLC list, slowly check the DLCs one by one, it should now download them correctly and all the content should appear in your SteamApps>Common>Pillars of Eternity -folder.

• Like 2