Cut scene hang

GanoesParan

Question

I am experiencing a bit of oddness with a cutscene. The one where you come out of the ruins?

The music builds to a cresendo and nothing seems to happen. And the game doesnt come out of the cutscene...

Is there supposed to be a delay or something?

• Like 1

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Battle Manual : SMAC

19 answers to this question

Guest Matt Sheets

Hey,

Can you please attach your output logs after the issue occurs?

Output log:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\output_log.txt

Thanks!

Found a workaround: Switch the game to windowed mode and resize the window until it is small enough that the framerate is smooth. After that, the cutscene works perfectly. Only problem is that now the dialogue window is too small to be able to read the whole text, so this is only a temporary solution until a patch for us poor people with low-end graphics is released.

Also, I couldn't find where the game puts the log file in my Linux GOG install. It doesn't seem to be anywhere...

I got around it by reloading from a previous save still in the ruins, and the cutscene fired properly. So not sure what causes it.

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Battle Manual : SMAC