I suggest not playing this game yet.

Lillycake

Question

I've put less than an hour in the game and have already had three distinct game breaking bugs.  Had to restart the client a few times and I've had to restart my game twice because of broken save files.

Playing on release date for any video game these last few years has always been a headache and this game is no exception.

Normally I wouldn't even bother to make a post about something like this but all the hype from this game has led to a massive disappointment and now my time to play this game is getting delayed (again).

22 answers to this question

I hope that there are some guys that are working on that right now in Obsidian. There seem to be some guys that complain about bugs at the steam forum as well.

I prefer to  wait for at least a day or two before I am downloading this game until I am sure it is stable.

Edited by barakav

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

I've put less than an hour in the game and have already had three distinct game breaking bugs.  Had to restart the client a few times and I've had to restart my game twice because of broken save files.

Playing on release date for any video game these last few years has always been a headache and this game is no exception.

Normally I wouldn't even bother to make a post about something like this but all the hype from this game has led to a massive disappointment and now my time to play this game is getting delayed (again).

orly.jpg

No problems for this call-sign.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I partially agree, so far I haven't encountered any major bugs which would made this game unplayable (however Im not far in progress yet).

The biggest thing I had encountered when the extracted game was first unplayable and always crashing,

Obsidian sadly did the same mistake here they did in the past - while they'd have in need for more beta testers and Q/A they seem to completly ignore this.

However passing the game around for stupid reviewers (which dont care a thing) hasnt helped the game either, the couple of reviews I've partially seen (while trying to avoid spoilers)

werent really informative.

All they didnt forget to mention was that this somehow was pretty old school like Baldurs Gate (O'rly?) but they didnt give any real informative things,

for example in the german reviews they didnt ever mention the problematic localization - though this should have been fixed already before putting an v1.0 version out there.

Im really baffled why the developer team didnt do more Q/A or gave the game to people *who really do care* instead of insiting on crap reviews that will only increase the hype for a lil' bit of more sells maybe? (Really, is that such an huge effect on marketing?).

Interesting, myself and four others have put in many hours to the game and haven't had any real major bugs and definitely no game breaking ones. I guess we all got lucky so far?

Edited by AstroCat

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

The game's been running smooth for me.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Interesting, myself and four others have put in many hours to the game and haven't had any real major bugs and definitely no game breaking ones. I guess we all got lucky so far?

Either this or you just didnt notice? :p

Anyways, as said the game is absolutly playable already but I've think I've seen a lot of small glitches which are kind of annoying...

Most of these things are stuff that can be easily missed, some are hard to find and even some only occur to a certain amount of people - that's why a Q/A is important.

I played around two hours so far and the only "bugs" I saw were the many, many translation and formatting mistakes in the German localisation (wich are a death sentence for any kind of immersion in such a text heavy game). 

I have yet to see a quest bug or something game breaking. There are a few things I feel are a bit strange, but I have yet to understand all the mechanics the game uses so I can not say those are bugs (like the way monks gain their ressources). 

In other words, I do not regret preordering at all. Compared to the disaster of other releases Obsidian has done a good job (coming from someone who is just two hours in, for whatever that is worth). 

If nothing has happened to you, apparently nothing has happened to anyone. I hope you're not in tech support.