Bug: The constant sound of pages flipping in the background

TehAnon

Question

I don't know how or why. aside from muting effects, but the sound of pages flipping in the background persists no matter what I do. Well, short of exiting the game and going back in, but that is only a temporary measure.

9 answers to this question

I had the same issue this morning.  It happened 3 times (usually within the first 2 - 3 minutes of game play), and in order to get rid of it I had to exit the game completely and then re-launch it.  I did find a solution (I am hoping).  From what I have read, it is a tutorial bug that causes an infinite loop in replaying the turning of the tutorial page (or exiting out of the message).  I went into options and disabled the tutorial hints and haven't had an issue at all since I did that (I played for an hour or so without it happening again).

It is a bug that needs to be fixed, but if you can live without a tutorial, then you should be ok for the time being.

Same issue here!

although i could not name the sound till now :)

the sound accompanied me from getting the first quest to after passing the bridge with (runes - traps) for me about 20-25 min of gameplay of about 40 min total!

hope it does not reappear later today when i continue...

any ideas?

The workaround listed by an Obsidian developer is to restart the game, which to me does not feel like a workaround at all, as you have the same problem again in the game just a few minutes later. Extremely disturbing.

It is listed as a problem that will be resolved in the first patch, so I am not even gonna play the game until then.

The workaround listed by an Obsidian developer is to restart the game, which to me does not feel like a workaround at all, as you have the same problem again in the game just a few minutes later. Extremely disturbing.

It is listed as a problem that will be resolved in the first patch, so I am not even gonna play the game until then.

As noted, disable the in-game Tutorial Tips. This worked for me and many others. Give it a shot and you should at least be able to play without going nuts.