Post your first character, as fresh out of the gate as possible

Sooo many Rogues...

My Melee Wizard Extraordinaire!

4a8UZc2.jpg

Playing on Hard, he can actually take a fair bit of abuse before needing to rest, but I usually have to rest due to the per rest abilities and spells being spent first, so the health aspect doesn't really impact me. While he can't do primary tank duty, he can usually tie up one or two enemies if necessary. This is with offensive spells only, he can be far better defensively with a defensive spell or two.

• Like 3

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Some sweet custom potraits there guys! Where do you find these things?

Only played two hours so far... (work and all that). Started an intelligent type scholar character but found her quite boring to roleplay (you know, it's no fun defusing tense situations with intellect when I actually want to stab people)

Gonna restart tonight like with a more "blood knight" attitude character(^_^)

Edited by Heijoushin

So far I'm happy with Grimm. Took me six different times to recreate him before I got the right combo.

9fi5187.jpg

Ry2YAoM.jpg

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 3

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I would post my first char, however I seem to have come down with a bad case of compulsive restart syndrome.

Finding a good fit is hard.

I believe I have Chanter stats down pat, but I have come to the conclusion that I will be playing a Fighter PC.

I would post my first char, however I seem to have come down with a bad case of compulsive restart syndrome.

Yes, I can feel a strong bout of that coming on too. I'll be mentally conjuring all sorts of combinations in work today.

Finding a good fit is hard.

I believe I have Chanter stats down pat, but I have come to the conclusion that I will be playing a Fighter PC.

That's my trouble at the moment, I'm just 

trying to find a better build for my fighter.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Aehlona Kindheart, I'm rping her as the daughter of a slaver-lord from the Vailian republics, forced to flee when the tide of politics turned. She's bent on re-establishing her families trading empire and getting revenge on the faction lords who ousted her family.

I intend to play her as a fast attacking interrupter/debuffer. Time will tell if a 4 con character is viable, probably not.

y0YTeCt.png

Where did you get that portrait?

Where are people getting these portraits.

Hell, how did you even get it?

You can replace the default portraits here:

Steam\SteamApps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portraits

You need two images, one bigger 210x330, and smaller 76x96

My replacment:

S1Lvq3I.jpg

In game:

NhktrTb.jpg

• Like 1

Blowing things up and burning things is a sacred duty.

image.jpg

arquebushype.jpg

1: Nice.

2: Wait, she has 20 extra attribute points. How?... Actually, that's probably a spoiler, nevermind. Should be playing more.

Edited by Yenkaz

Aehlona Kindheart, I'm rping her as the daughter of a slaver-lord from the Vailian republics, forced to flee when the tide of politics turned. She's bent on re-establishing her families trading empire and getting revenge on the faction lords who ousted her family.

I intend to play her as a fast attacking interrupter/debuffer. Time will tell if a 4 con character is viable, probably not.

y0YTeCt.png

I edited this image http://liangxinxin.deviantart.com/art/Dragonwoman-Mylwaye2-414527276 to fit the size requirements (and obviously mirrored it)

It's a shame I couldn't get the hat in. Hats with feathers are stylish.

Edited by JFSOCC
  • Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

For those asking about custom portraits there is a great thread here:  http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71722-the-custom-portraits-thread/

As for mine while there are tons of pre-made humans, elves, dwarves, etc., out there, finding a bald blue Island Aumaua was a bit harder unless I wanted to go with a photo of someone from the Blue Man Group.  :)  The one bald Aumaua portrait included with the game just didn't work for this character.  So I did an extensive search of any images I could find of Doctor Manhattan from The Watchmen, found a really cool one that someone did that seemed to kind of fit the art style of the other portraits in the game, and chopped it to fit.  It seems to convey the attitude I had in mind for my character and I am very happy with it!

After a few mock characters, I finally settled on this for my Wizard:

ci96qe6.png

I went for max AoE / Effect Duration and Damage, also this race gets a +15 accuracy bonus against some stuff, and Merchant for the lore and mechanics bonus because I want him to be a trapper too.

Edited by Mungri

y0YTeCt.png

I edited this image http://liangxinxin.deviantart.com/art/Dragonwoman-Mylwaye2-414527276 to fit the size requirements (and obviously mirrored it)

It's a shame I couldn't get the hat in. Hats with feathers are stylish.

Shame about the hat, but hey at least you fit some cleavage in.   :yes:

• Like 2

Alessandro grew up in a rich Vailian family. He became disillusioned by the politicking and material nature of his family's lifestyle. He left to spread the idea of bringing about good through being earnest and forthright. He is intelligent and knowledgeable after studying many years in the aristocracy and has high resolve due to his conviction.

post-44910-0-14389300-1427472105_thumb.jpg

Edited by R.Alexander